Exhaustive Guide: Car Detailing Basics

Hello,

Eveything looks good to me except last few of them.

Step 6: Its better to give it atleast 12 hours to cure for next layer application. Also its required to clean the surface with RAW or Quick Detailer to remove any fine dust before next application.

Step 7: I think waiting for a week for wax application isn't really necessary because EX-P needs only 12 to 24 hours to cure. I feel, more delay makes bonding weak.

Step 9: I don't think its necessary to applying another wax. I believe, Dr MUDHAN said to use either one of them but not both. Otherwise detailing becomes very expensive. Infact, now your detailing already looks expensive at one shot. [:D]

As of applicator pads: MF cloths are not convenient for product application but you'll need them for final buffing so buy either MF pads or Foam pads or both. You'll need plenty of pads to complete all your steps. 3-4 for each products so atleast 10 pads.

Note: If you drop applicator pad on ground, don't use it again instead use a new clean pad. Tie a thread to the edge of pads and put it into your wrist, to prevent accidentally dropping them. Also don't use same pad for different products. Dirty pads should be cleaned thoroughly and dried in dust-free shed.

Thanks...
Best Regards
@CRACING, final step , suggest me good brand MF pads and foam pads. yes my detailing already become expensive[:D], but must do things.

Thread Starter #122

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ Suryaputhra

Step 9: I don't think its necessary to applying another wax. I believe, Dr MUDHAN said to use either one of them but not both. Otherwise detailing becomes very expensive. In fact, now your detailing already looks expensive at one shot.
CRACING is right, please use any one of them. It will make it complete and more than enough. I have already requested you to avoid unnecessary steps.

If you are going to do yourself everything, remember you may require a pain killer for one or two days.[;)]

All the best. We are eager to see your dazzling car.

Last edited:
Thanks Doctor, myself and my personal mechanic will venture in to the job, you are right we need painkillers.

-suryaputhra[:D]

Hi friends, below are the products in my armor and more are going to add like GYEON Q2M BATHE+, KLASSE HIGH GLOSS SEALANT GLAZE, CarPro HydrO2 , couple of mf cloths, mf pads and foam pads. thanks and regards for your great cooperation and help.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
@Surya
Saarji that's an awesome collection, now just tell me how many soaps, shampoos and towels you use for your personal cleaning and detailing? :stupid:

That's an awesome collection and if I am not wrong then you have a stock for at least 2-3 years in your inventory.

Hey guys I am looking to buy a couple of products for maintaining my rides. My XUV has some light scratches and marks which I want to get rid off. I am looking for the following items:
1. Car Polish
2. Car Shampoo
3. Rubbing Compound
4. Alloys and Tire clean/Shine product

- What brand should I go for?
- What website shall I buy it from?
- Any other items that I need besides these?

Thanks

Singh Saab, buy from Greenz Car Care, the links posted by Suryaputhra will direct you to their site. You can take the guidance from detailing experts like Dr, Cracing and Surya. Else Greenz have also mentioned techniques and products on their site; Hari - the ow er of Greenz is also a very honest person to deal with as well as for seeking advises from. In other words, if the detailing bug bits you then you have many options to gather info and products from.

Caution: Once thorough detailing is done, all you will want to is cover and park the car in some clean shed. Seriously, after cleaning it all; even the thoughts of dust, dirt or mud are terrifying.

Hi friends we are all buying imported detailing products, what is your experience on our home grown waxpol products. I hope they have now wide range of products.

-suryaputhra

I have both, foam and MF applicator pads.

Foam pads are from Meguiar's and MF pads from Mother's. I also have dozens of foam and MF pads bought from Aliexpress which are good too.

I use foam pads for polishing or where the surface requires cleaning. MF pads are good for wax application because they apply product easily and evenly on the surface. However, this is personal preference so one should try both and use which ever he feels good.

Meguiar's foam pads are thick, soft and safe on surface. Foam pads found in Aliexpress are thin, soft and may be safe on surface.
Hi CRACING,

I have followed last few pages of this thread and seemed very useful.

Have a question.

I have once used Optimum Spray Wax, which is just spraying and buffing off. Last time i used, i buffed using a MF buffing cloth. Can i use MF pads / foam pads to buff the spray wax also. Will it give a good result?

Also is polishing same as waxing? :stupid:

Bcoz, the last time I did a QD I did the below steps:

1. Washed with Optimum No Rinse (ONR)
2. Clayed using Optimum Clay Cloth (this is not clay bar but a clay cloth) using ONR as lube
3. Applied Optimum Spray Wax

I know I have not used sealant (have to buy one still). Otherwise, am I missing any imp step.

I was told there is hardly any waiting time for the Optimum products.

KK

I have once used Optimum Spray Wax, which is just spraying and buffing off. Last time i used, i buffed using a MF buffing cloth. Can i use MF pads / foam pads to buff the spray wax also. Will it give a good result?
Yes I have Optimum Spray Wax and its very durable. I apply it after the end of my car detailing and it lasts for atleast 3 months

By buffing, do you mean application of product or wiping off dried productresidue?

I use pads for product application and MF cloth for wiping off the residue. I think this is the correct procedure.

Also is polishing same as waxing? :stupid:
Actually a pure polish brightens the paint and also removes the slight paint imperfections and contamination but it doesn't have wax or sealant.

Some wax products have polishing or cleaning abilities and they are called AIO waxes. i.e Mags black wax, white wax, Auto Finesse Tripple. Some brands call polish for wax and its a misguide but product description should tell exactly what the product does.

Bcoz, the last time I did a QD I did the below steps:

1. Washed with Optimum No Rinse (ONR)
2. Clayed using Optimum Clay Cloth (this is not clay bar but a clay cloth) using ONR as lube
3. Applied Optimum Spray Wax

I know I have not used sealant (have to buy one still). Otherwise, am I missing any imp step.

I was told there is hardly any waiting time for the Optimum products.
KK
For a quick detailing, your steps are fine but Optimum Spray Wax does not have polishing or cleaning properties so for that you may wanna use a pure polish or AIO or sealant before using spray wax. If you have already polished just before 6 months, you can directly apply spray wax and thats called quick detailing.

For a full detailing, you might want use pure polish and pure wax or AIO products after using clay. Optimum Spray Wax is a last step product (LSP) which you can applied at last.

For a glossy look and/or extra protection, you can use glaze and sealant respectively.

Polish or AIO products should not be used above glaze or sealants because they strip it off. Also its not recommended to polish frequently because it would strip some of clear coat and you don't want to do that often. Every 6 months should be fine. Claying should be done once a year and less then that isn't really necessary.

Last edited:
Hi KK_HakunaMatata,

"Clay cloth", sounds interesting, where did you get that, brand, price. What are the advantages and disadvantages using this clay cloth over traditional clay bar.

-suryaputhra

Hi KK_HakunaMatata,

"Clay cloth", sounds interesting, where did you get that, brand, price. What are the advantages and disadvantages using this clay cloth over traditional clay bar.

-suryaputhra
I have user CarPro "Clay Cloth"
Advantages are as follow
1. More surface area can be covered hence time taken for claying will reduce.
2. If you drop clay cloth, just clean it with water or ONR and can be used.
3. Number of time it can be used is higher then traditional clay bar.

Disadvantages
Yet to discover, since I have used once only till now, also have not use traditional clay bar so can not compare.

My suggestion is to get clay block, it provide better grip over clay cloth and also cheaper then clay cloth.
Following is a link to product.
carpro india polyshave towel - Ultimate Detailerz
CarPro India Polyshave Block - Ultimate Detailerz

I don't know if this has been asked before, but which product to use for swirl marks on bumbers and lights?

and if any one has used Autoglym SRP and where to buy one?

Last edited:

Top Bottom