Exhaustive Guide: Car Detailing Basics

Can I clean my engine and engine bay with PROKLEAR RAW EXTREME CX by spraying and mild rinsing. Because products says safe on metal, rubber and plastic parts. anyway I will cover intake manifold, ECM and alternator. If so what is the dilution ratio.

-suryaputhra

Since you wanted to know, today morning I just clicked ALBUS engine bay for you :

Excellent looking engine doctor, I love maintaining cars like that. I enjoy the cars only when cars are clean and mechanically sound like your ALBUS.

-suryaputhra

Thread Starter #108

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Last edited:
Hi, do we need separate alloy wheel sealant like Poorboys Wheel Sealant or our regular paint sealant is enough to take care of the wheels.

-suryaputhra

Hi, do we need separate alloy wheel sealant like Poorboys Wheel Sealant or our regular paint sealant is enough to take care of the wheels.

-suryaputhra
I have used poorboys ex-p sealant looks good enough to me.

Never had experience with dedicated sealant for wheel.

Hi doctor, I brought these products and want to follow below procedure.

poorboys black hole glaze+poorboys ex-p sealant+Collinite 845+QD

some say Collinite 845 will not do well on poorboys ex-p sealant. If so let me know good topcoat over poorboys ex-p seant

finally suggest me good QD over the topcoat for the one which you suggested me.

-suryaputhra

Last edited:
Hi doctor, I brought these products and want to follow below procedure.

poorboys black hole glaze+poorboys ex-p sealant+Collinite 845+QD

some say Collinite 845 will not do well on poorboys ex-p sealant. If so let me know good topcoat over poorboys ex-p seant

finally suggest me good QD over the topcoat for the one which you suggested me.

-suryaputhra
I am using Collinite 845 on top of poorboys ex-p sealant.

I need to re-coat 845 every 3 months which I think is good duration.

You can try Poorboys Natty’s Paste Wax, depend on your car color you can try blue/red.

if you have already brought 845 then why not use it.

Note that for proper bonding of sealant ex-p and 845, I have applied 845 after one week of applying sealant ex-p.

Last edited:
I am using Collinite 845 on top of poorboys ex-p sealant.

I need to re-coat 845 every 3 months which I think is good duration.

You can try Poorboys Natty’s Paste Wax, depend on your car color you can try blue/red.

if you have already brought 845 then why not use it.

Note that for proper bonding of sealant ex-p and 845, I have applied 845 after one week of applying sealant ex-p.
Thank you so much for your great information. I follow exact procedure and I have ordered Poorboys Natty’s Paste Wax blue as you suggested.

No idea, suggest me one. and can you detail me entire process with time schedule in between. Thanks

-suryaputhra
I have both, foam and MF applicator pads.

Foam pads are from Meguiar's and MF pads from Mother's. I also have dozens of foam and MF pads bought from Aliexpress which are good too.

I use foam pads for polishing or where the surface requires cleaning. MF pads are good for wax application because they apply product easily and evenly on the surface. However, this is personal preference so one should try both and use which ever he feels good.

Meguiar's foam pads are thick, soft and safe on surface. Foam pads found in Aliexpress are thin, soft and may be safe on surface.

Your second query:

Layering depends upon product, temperature and application.

You'll find details about drying time and layering written in the product cover or look for application instructions for that product. I would not wait too long for next application (1 or 2 days is fine) because the surface will get contaminated day by day and we cannot clean that without stripping previous application. Applying a product above contamination is not a good idea.

Btw; Are you using clay and/or polish before glaze? I think you need to clean the surface before detailing?

Last edited:
@CRACING here are the steps I want to follow

1. Washing with proklear raw, no wax
2. Claying with Bilt Hamber Autoclay Soft
3. Washing with proklear raw no wax
4. Applying black hole glaze wait to haze and buff, wait for 30min
5. Apply EX-P sealant wait to haze and buff
6. wait for 10 hours and do one more coat EX-P sealant
7. Wait for a week and apply 845
8. wait for three more days and apply one more coat 845
9 wait for one week apply blue natty paste wax

I do not have applicators, but 350,550,750 GSM 75:25 MF clothes are there. If applicators are must suggest me one.

-sryaputhra

Okay guys, I am very new to detailing (Never knew if detailing can get so interesting) and recently tried to get the mirror finish on my Polo:

mirror 1.JPG
mirror 2.JPG

Process:
Wash with Angelwax shampoo -> Poorboys World Black Hole Show Glaze -> Collinite 476

I have used Collinite 845 on 6 cars and got the bottle emptied and then went on to try the 476, the 476 is a bit harder to apply but its just awesome; a complete paisa wasool product.

@CRACING here are the steps I want to follow

1. Washing with proklear raw, no wax
2. Claying with Bilt Hamber Autoclay Soft
3. Washing with proklear raw no wax
4. Applying black hole glaze wait to haze and buff, wait for 30min
5. Apply EX-P sealant wait to haze and buff
6. wait for 10 hours and do one more coat EX-P sealant
7. Wait for a week and apply 845
8. wait for three more days and apply one more coat 845
9 wait for one week apply blue natty paste wax

I do not have applicators, but 350,550,750 GSM 75:25 MF clothes are there. If applicators are must suggest me one.

-sryaputhra
Hello,

Eveything looks good to me except last few of them.

Step 6: Its better to give it atleast 12 hours to cure for next layer application. Also its required to clean the surface with RAW or Quick Detailer to remove any fine dust before next application.

Step 7: I think waiting for a week for wax application isn't really necessary because EX-P needs only 12 to 24 hours to cure. I feel, more delay makes bonding weak.

Step 9: I don't think its necessary to applying another wax. I believe, Dr MUDHAN said to use either one of them but not both. Otherwise detailing becomes very expensive. Infact, now your detailing already looks expensive at one shot. [:D]

As of applicator pads: MF cloths are not convenient for product application but you'll need them for final buffing so buy either MF pads or Foam pads or both. You'll need plenty of pads to complete all your steps. 3-4 for each products so atleast 10 pads.

Note: If you drop applicator pad on ground, don't use it again instead use a new clean pad. Tie a thread to the edge of pads and put it into your wrist, to prevent accidentally dropping them. Also don't use same pad for different products. Dirty pads should be cleaned thoroughly and dried in dust-free shed.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:

Top Bottom