Bugatti Veyron Now Officially in India at Rs.17.5 Crores!

Thread Starter #1
1.jpg

Economictimes
Volkswagen AG will drive in the fastest and most expensive car in India with the launch of legendary French car brand Bugatti next year, a company executive said.

Bugatti Veyron, which can hit a top speed of more than 400 km per hour for the sports and coupe models, will cost anywhere between Rs 5 crore and Rs 12 crore when it hits the Indian roads by the mid-2010, said the executive requesting anonymity.

When contacted, Kurt Rippolz, head of communication Volkswagen India, refused to confirm the development. “It’s the independent decision of every brand to decide on the India strategy. The brand checks on the viability and whether there is a market potential, and then decides on its launch plans,” he said.

Great news that these exotic global cars are making their way to india. It will be interesting to see how many numbers does VW sell.

Cool. But that really does not make a difference. We hardly will be able to spot one.

Moreover i petty the car,our roads are not built for such beauties.There are some exceptions but still.

Driving a Bugatti in Indian roads? I really can't imagine how the car will look after a long ride.
that was good
probably the grille would be in 2 pieces, loads of scratches and dents! [lol]
good news
someone bought one in Bangkok too!
he bought it for 168 million baht which is 170-75 milion rupees!![frustration]

350Z

Core Team
Buggati Veyron In India?

The Veyron costs around some Rs.8-9 Crores. Launching fashion statement models by Volkswagen like Beetle can be understood for a while but a car like Buggati Veyron in India sounds odd. Because -

• Completely Impractical for Indian Roads
  • It is no way targeting bunch of People
  • Has very less chances of being 5-7 (Minimum!) units being sold Per Year.
Though I'm not completely against its launch but there should at least have some true motive behind it. Also, I'd suggest Govt. not allow such "Hypercars" to be driven on our regular streets by rich boys otherwise we would see more 7-Series like hit and run cases.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom