Barricade - Yamaha FZ-16 (2009) - Midnight Black

Thread Starter #211

deville_56

Honoured Member
Having tough days with my buddy, Throttle cable got broken, and replaced it. I changed the cable around 5000kms before, dont know why it damaged so early, Now i have a fear about my Clutch cable too .[cry]
It's a wear and tear part. Can't predict its life. Even with slight over tightening, it can burst earlier. I changed cables for 33k, 23k and 22k kms, which were changed preventatively, but last cable burst at 6.2k km.

Front fork tube got scratched and Oil is leaking any idea about price of a fork tube???
Sure about scratch?? Dust accumulation can also tear the seals causing leak. Even in case of scratch, mild ones can be rectified at lathe. If everything fails, one side costs some 1250.

Another headache is that my back wheel alloy is also damaged and air is also leaking out.. Having really tough time [frustration]:help:
What kind of damage? Bend or crack?? Stock tyre is notorious for leaks (even when there is no damage).

Last edited:
Yea Bro, Fork tube has clear scratches over it, I checked the alloys over 5 shops in every shops they pulled out tyres and cleaned the inside part of alloy but none of it helped, i dont think any bend or crack but inside the alloy there is so uneven kind of surface...

Thread Starter #213

deville_56

Honoured Member
Yea Bro, Fork tube has clear scratches over it, I checked the alloys over 5 shops in every shops they pulled out tyres and cleaned the inside part of alloy but none of it helped, i dont think any bend or crack but inside the alloy there is so uneven kind of surface...
Try putting another tyre and check for leak.

Bro are you using the Yamaha orginal clutch cables ?? Or do you have any other suggestions for cables as everyone is telling the cable quality is worst now a days which coming from Yamaha dealers...:help:

Thread Starter #216

deville_56

Honoured Member
I tried still the same and thought to put tube inside it tomorrow as it is costing 20 bucks for refill of nitrogen every week[cry]
Why nitrogen, air comes for free at petrol pump or cycle pump costs less than 200 ;)

Did you check/try changing the valve??

Personally, I dont like tube in tubeless.

Bro are you using the Yamaha orginal clutch cables ?? Or do you have any other suggestions for cables as everyone is telling the cable quality is worst now a days which coming from Yamaha dealers...:help:
OEM cable only. Current cable almost 20k km used.

IS there any need of cable lubrication???

Bro i tried all the ways even checked the valve and all but still the air is leaking out, I used to fill Nitrogen as i used to commute weekly from Cochin to Thiruvalla almost 110Kms one side.. I just put a tube inside my tyre and also used some washers within the valve so that it wont get leaked incase of any puncture and act as like a tubeless itself.. Dont know how it will work [surprise]

Thread Starter #218

deville_56

Honoured Member
IS there any need of cable lubrication???
Didn't lubed yet.

Bro i tried all the ways even checked the valve and all but still the air is leaking out, I used to fill Nitrogen as i used to commute weekly from Cochin to Thiruvalla almost 110Kms one side.. I just put a tube inside my tyre and also used some washers within the valve so that it wont get leaked incase of any puncture and act as like a tubeless itself.. Dont know how it will work [surprise]
Nothing can stop the tube burst. It will deflated in no time.

Thread Starter #220

deville_56

Honoured Member
What should i do bro then, Only solution is to change the alloy r8.. Do you have any idea how much it will cost???
Slightly overinflate the tyre and dip it fully in a tube or something or spray water mixed with vim liquid or shampoo and look for air bubbles. Rear alloy will cost 3.5k.

Top Bottom