Are Maruti Genuine Accessories (MGA) Overpriced / Worth it?

Re: Is there any Official/Verified MGA price list of accessories??

Whatever accessories the showroom DOES NOT provide for free, please buy from outside accessories shop, they would be much lesser price.

For MGP Parts please refer to :
http://www.mgp.co.in/

You can find your local/nearest MGP shop and get a quote about prices about them.
Thanks @anshuman for the link.[;)]

I want to know the verified price list because in an offer, I am getting a voucher of 3000rs [clap] worth of MGA accessories.
Rest of the things ill buy from outside market. Neways the image of accessory list is very helpful. Is it updated to latest date? And where can I find price for other things like speakers and music system?

The general opinion on this thread is that MGA are overpriced but i recently got front power win on my car from them and saw the installation.It was perfect No cutting/splicing wires . The workers knew what they were doing and every component was as if it was designed specifically fr my car.
I will gladly pay a little extra for such work

From my experience aftermarket accessories shops are not even able to put a pair of horns without splicing OEM wires( i got reverse cam/sensor , gealock , horns in my other car and was hugely disappointed becoz wirs were cut/spliced everytime )

Now MGA ppl have the connectors/wiring harnesses which r not available outside Right??.I want to install a stereo and reverse sensors on my car Should I go for MGA only ???? What other option does a person have if he does not want to meddle with his car's wiring.

I think they are worth it.Even if the prices are higher they last twice as long as local parts.I have experiences with axles,axle boots,gear bedding, timing belt and other bearings etc.

As for the stereo the adapters are available outside as well.Just make sure to be present during the install and insist on adapters to be used and the installation to be done without any cut in the existing wiring harness.In Mumbai they do it with adapters, where are you from Petroholic?

Though MGA are bit overpriced but they are worth.

eg: I have installed side beeding from out side shops twice but quality was pathetic and finally gone with MGA and happy with them

eg: I have installed side beeding from out side shops twice but quality was pathetic and finally gone with MGA and happy with them
Gives a whole new meaning to 'once bitten, twice shy.'

What problems did you face with the non OEM side beadings? Did they fade/crack or came off/unstuck themselves or was it something else?

In Mumbai they do it with adapters, where are you from Petroholic?
From Dehradun

I also have aftermarket side beading and they keep falling off Finally stuck the corners with a little bit of quick fix (just on the corners)

From Dehradun

I also have aftermarket side beading and they keep falling off Finally stuck the corners with a little bit of quick fix (just on the corners)
The aftermarket beading which I had put in my WagonR in 2009 is still lasting unfazed, as I have sold the car to my colleague and I see it daily on the parking lot.[clap]

I think they are worth it.Even if the prices are higher they last twice as long as local parts.I have experiences with axles,axle boots,gear bedding, timing belt and other bearings etc.

As for the stereo the adapters are available outside as well.Just make sure to be present during the install and insist on adapters to be used and the installation to be done without any cut in the existing wiring harness.In Mumbai they do it with adapters, where are you from Petroholic?
i have some questions

Is the wiring already provided in the car and the workers only have to attach the headunit on the dash and speakers on the slots provided using plug and play adapters.
Or is the wiring not present in a car which doesnt come with a ice from factory ????

can the installation of reverse sensors be done using adapters too?????

I recently got bosch symphony horns for my honda city.The worker had to splice the wiring because the connector of the OEM wiring and the connectors for these aftermarket horns are different .So plug and play cannot be done.What the worker did was that he spliced the oem wiring a little and made a connection of bosch horns from there.The connectors for OEM horns were left empty.
Acc to him the connectors present in these cars r not available outside and he was ready to do plug and play if i could source this connector from somewhere.

Now i am wary of getting anything installed from outside as i have seen that they r not even capable to install a small item like horns in a plug and play manner ??

The wiring is already present.New wire is used to connect the sensor to the headunit or the display but other wiring for it is also present.

I am using normal horns to do not know about the horn installation.

Try getting the install done at a small MASS, if they are willing to do it for you get a bill of the job.That way if anything happens with the wiring you can show Maruti a legitimate MASS bill for the installation.

Where are you located Petroholic?

Where are you located Petroholic?
dehradun

Try getting the install done at a small MASS, if they are willing to do it for you get a bill of the job.That way if anything happens with the wiring you can show Maruti a legitimate MASS bill for the installation.
They wont even touch anything other than MGA i confirmed

Have you tried to bribe them?Maybe you should try that route as well.
[lol]
will that help avoiding wire splice or will that avoid getting it done on the car
[frustration]

The general opinion on this thread is that MGA are overpriced but i recently got front power win on my car from them and saw the installation.It was perfect No cutting/splicing wires . The workers knew what they were doing and every component was as if it was designed specifically fr my car.
I will gladly pay a little extra for such work

From my experience aftermarket accessories shops are not even able to put a pair of horns without splicing OEM wires( i got reverse cam/sensor , gealock , horns in my other car and was hugely disappointed becoz wirs were cut/spliced everytime )

Now MGA ppl have the connectors/wiring harnesses which r not available outside Right??.I want to install a stereo and reverse sensors on my car Should I go for MGA only ???? What other option does a person have if he does not want to meddle with his car's wiring.
i am planning ritz petrol and personally checked original MGA integrated for ritz and speakers

set costs me 12k

also power windows for front and central locking

costs me 10k

but everything has connectors

maruti guy informed it will take him 3 mins to install the music system and 10 mins for everything

Last edited by a moderator:
threeace777 the price at which you get the system or the power window kit from MGA and elsewhere differs and at the same price you get more features as well.That's why a lot of people opt for aftermarket stuff.

If the dealer can install an aftermarket system for you and give you a bill for the same, you won't have any issues in the future with the cars warranty.Some guys do it for free, some guys need to be paid to do the same.

Top Bottom