Are Maruti Genuine Accessories (MGA) Overpriced / Worth it?

Thread Starter #16
For the rear wind shield, will choose a film which will give very good visibility, as RSM said, really have not decided on the front ones. Not convinced, and with its price being around, 3k. Its a hard decision to make.

My suggestion would be to go for side and rear glass tinting. Leave the windshield as it is.

Thread Starter #18
My suggestion would be to go for side and rear glass tinting. Leave the windshield as it is.
Yes, Akash, many are suggesting the same. A friend's friend so was miffed with the visibility that he actually tore down the film. I definitely wouldn't want to do so[lol]. Will take a final call soon.

Yes, Akash, many are suggesting the same. A friend's friend so was miffed with the visibility that he actually tore down the film. I definitely wouldn't want to do so[lol]. Will take a final call soon.
If you put Vkool with 70% visibility in front screen, there will not be any difference in visibility. But this is only required if the weather is hot, and in bangalore you don't need it.

If you are planning on putting any film on the Windshield, you need to ensure perfect workmanship ... any bubbles or wrinkles, of course will look bad, but will also hamper visibility.

regarding sun film in windshield

for front and rear glass there is special film . its called as bend film , local term.

Other wise normal film is pasted on rear windshield cut into 3 parts mostly. Every car must have a max of 3 lines at rear. At the edges it over laps thus making to look good.

Another method is by using a heater to the same normal film you can paste it as a single piece , but the heated part tend to fade soon.

3m films are stick on at rear by heating , they don't tend to fade.

For xenons , every product installed had complained , so we stopped selling that product . this is the case in many place. THIS IS MY EXPERIENCE

ilango[speed thirst];20406 said:
regarding sun film in windshield

for front and rear glass there is special film . its called as bend film , local term.

Other wise normal film is pasted on rear windshield cut into 3 parts mostly. Every car must have a max of 3 lines at rear. At the edges it over laps thus making to look good.

Another method is by using a heater to the same normal film you can paste it as a single piece , but the heated part tend to fade soon.

3m films are stick on at rear by heating , they don't tend to fade.

For xenons , every product installed had complained , so we stopped selling that product . this is the case in many place. THIS IS MY EXPERIENCE
Thats a nice piece of information. In both my cars i didnt get the windshield tinted.

Thread Starter #23
ilango[speed thirst];20406 said:
ilango, are you a dealer in car accessories?[:)]

Apart from Xenos, what would you suggest in case I opt for parking sensors?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Called up the dealer a few hours back.

The Under body coating is not 3m, its from MGA only. He told me its basically a resin coat warranted by Maruti for 5 yrs.
And after much consideration, have decided to go for Yokohama tires due to its sheer VFM proposition.

yes ilango is accessory dealer afaik.
i've never heard of "infra cool" tints, garware is good but i heard that its not nice for long term, better opt for 3M and leave front as is but you can get the rear glass tinted.
and also go for sensors if budget allows. when are you getting delivery? and congrats for new car and its new set of shoes! [:)]

Thread Starter #25
yes ilango is accessory dealer afaik.
i've never heard of "infra cool" tints, garware is good but i heard that its not nice for long term, better opt for 3M and leave front as is but you can get the rear glass tinted.
and also go for sensors if budget allows. when are you getting delivery? and congrats for new car and its new set of shoes! [:)]
I have decided to scrape few things mentioned here. Opting only for tyres-Yokos. Sunfilms-not decided on brand. Parking sensor-again not decided on brand. Seat cover-art leather. Rest are all waste of money.
Delivery was supposed to be on Jan 21st. But then dealer asked me to wait for a few days as he said 2010 model has been dispatched from the plant. Maybe will have it by month end/1st week of February.

You bet. All my trip plans went for toss[frustration]. By the time the car is delivered I would miss so many lecture hours. Not that I listen, I lose my attendance:tongue:

[:D]
Maybe you and Arun should get together and discuss the pros and cons of attendance!! [;)]

Top Bottom