5000 Kms Road Trip: Daman - Haveri, Chitradurga, Mysore, Kerala

I wonder how the greenery of Kerla is maintened in hot and humid condition. I can see lush green all over the land. Our mumbai has hardly any green land remained.
The photos are absolutely superb.

Thread Starter #140
What is that bird name which you caught in Palakkad, she got a marvelous tail.
Its called 'Chemboth' in that place. 'Greater Coucal' in english.
Considered as a highly auspicious bird. Mahok in Hindi and Bharadwaj in Marathi.

I wonder how the greenery of Kerla is maintened in hot and humid condition. I can see lush green all over the land.

The photos are absolutely superb.
Thank you sandy_fluidic.

Infact those pictures were taken in the first week of May, which is peak summer in Kerala.

@autosafari
In most of the pictures of the mud roads I see 3 tracks. Is it that the bikers always take the center track - to avoid the plants on the side?
Could be because of two wheelers and also due to pedestrians.

Thread Starter #142
While we were returning, stopped to take pictures of these elephants in a compound next to the main road. (Previous day we saw so many of them in that place - more than 15 elephants - all owned by a single person. Could not take photos at that time)

DSC01447a.jpg

DSC01449a.jpg

DSC01446a.jpg

DSC01453a.jpg

DSC01456a.jpg

DSC01448a.jpg
This tusker was standing calm as seen in the picture above. Then he saw me clicking pictures; raised his trunk and made that trumpet sound. That was enough to frighten me as the gate was kept open. (Stop clicking pictures and move)
DSC01451b.jpg

DSC01405a.jpg

Last edited:
autosafari - cant believe i have already visited kerala through your pictures mate,specially Thiruvazhiyode and the fun part is i know the routes you took for the drive as well. And yes, I am from Thiruvazhiyode. If you happened to go the next time, there would be a Shiva temple and above the shiva temple is my house. [:)]

Thread Starter #146
Rajeev,

Glad to know that this travelogue provided a virtual travel experience and as you mentioned in the pm, evoked nostalgia; your everpeaceful Thiruvazhiyode a nice beautiful place.

DSC01401a.jpg

DSC01438a.jpg

Thread Starter #148
Palakkad Gap is a 40 km wide low mountain pass in the Western ghats.
It is possibly the largest in the world.

Kerala's second longest and culturally most important river, Bharatha Puzha originates in the Palakkad gap from rivulets and tributaries flowing from the hills on either side of the gap.

Most of the Palakkad district comes within this gap with hill ranges on North and South like two sections of a big long gate kept wide open. Silent Valley National park is on the Northern range and Parambikulam wild life sanctuary and Nelliyampathy hills on the Southern range.

Criss crossing through this beautiful valley and plains:

DSC01755a.jpg

DSC01842a.jpg

DSC01843a.jpg

DSC01845a.jpg

DSC01780a.jpg

DSC01777a.jpg

Top Bottom