The Urban Flavour: Ford Ecosport vs Renault Duster

Ecosport or Duster

• Total voters
You were talking about reliablity of Ford so I gave an example of figo and fiesta.

I dint talk about the reliability of ford at all on this thread , you can read my posts again buddy .

I can say ES is a killer as of todays market but one word I said is we have to wait and watch how reliable it is. This was the only statement I made

I perfectly understand that if the ES will be reliable or not has to be seen , but then the purpose of the thread is not that .

The thread starter The Xover is just asking which one would we members prefer under the given set parameters by him .
He even replied you this ------>
Only thing that will be decided on the long term is maintenance and reliability.However,things like looks,performance,safety,aspirational value etc,can be compared even on the immediate level.
Giving car in killer price (cheap than you imagine) and later filling the loss by high maintenance is today market tragedy (I mean they make money in long term maintenance to compensate the loss). It is something we have to think about
Talking about its reliability will be very vague because we have no reference as of now ,to comment about reliability of ES in India . Since it " may " or " may not " be reliable which only time will prove. so assuming things beforehand is a exercise in vain .

Your concern is legitimate , but then that is a topic of different thread .

Please do not justfy for everything. It is not a fist a fight here because Ford is your Company and Maruti mine We are here to help others and get help overself

I dint justify anything here , since iam not a Ford owner or a maruti owner either , nor I have booked the ES .
Rest +1000 to the other point you mentioned .
I am motivated a lot by this form so I do spend lot of time in this fourm.
+100 same here . Beside that your contribution on the forum is valuable since I have been reading your suggestions offered to members they are very helpful and value orientated .

Last edited:
My responses:

1) Looks- Ecosport, by a slim margin here.

2) Interiors- Ecosport

3) Space- Duster

4) Performance- Didn't drive the duster too much to comment

5) Handling- both , ride quality - Didn't drive the duster too much to comment

6) Aspirational Value- for middle and upper middle class : Both . Thanks to the insane waiting time, even folks who have bought the cars will be aspiring to own them SOME DAY! :-)

7) VFM - Ecosport

8) safety - Ecosport

ecosport vs competitor a price point view
please read below info from motorbeam
Ford EcoSport vs Similarly Priced Competitors | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
@ MSN that was realy awesome to read that Ecosport to be the next swift in Indian roads. Already it has created sleepless nights for other car makers. Welcome move by Ford. We can look out for lot of offers on all cars in market in following months because of Ecosports. I never seen Swift and its sibbling dizire with cash offer but saw that when Amaze was released now Ecosport is released they might come down a lakh[:D] Tata already went down by 3 lakh for Aria now I think they will go by 5 Lakh[:D]:lol!:

Last edited:
@ MSN that was realy awesome to read that Ecosport to be the next swift in Indian roads. Already it has created sleepless nights for other car makers. Welcome move by Ford. We can look out for lot of offers on all cars in market in following months because of Ecosports. I never seen Swift and its sibbling dizire with cash offer but saw that when Amaze was released now Ecosport is released they might come down a lakh Tata already went down by 3 lakh for Aria now I think they will go by 5 Lakh:lol!:
If not anything, for Ecosport has been able to wake up manufacturers and their exorbitant pricing in India. This pricing of Ecosport will become a yard stick till some other competitive vehicle is launched. Now Nissan has to think twice about their pricing strategy as well as VW. Duster is a good product but they took the customers for a ride so far with their pricing strategy. Lets see Ecosport able to control the market now. If it does customer wins [clap]

If not anything, for Ecosport has been able to wake up manufacturers and their exorbitant pricing in India. This pricing of Ecosport will become a yard stick till some other competitive vehicle is launched. Now Nissan has to think twice about their pricing strategy as well as VW. Duster is a good product but they took the customers for a ride so far with their pricing strategy. Lets see Ecosport able to control the market now. If it does customer wins [clap]

Yes today in roads in Chennai I saw roadside small tented maruti showroom in every 3kms. They had swift, ertiga, alto800 on display. This is what ES brought to market.

Yes today in roads in Chennai I saw roadside small tented maruti showroom in every 3kms. They had swift, ertiga, alto800 on display. This is what ES brought to market.
Why on this planet alto800 and Ertiga will be affected by ES. In Bangalore ,you can see such stalls or event at in many office premises. Do not forget this is phase where our economy is going negative and all the manufacturing firm showing a sharp decline. Need to wait for some time to arrive at conclusion and do not forget many new products are in queue including X-Alpha. I too like Ford but it does not mean that if I had to buy Alto 800 then I would consider Ford ES.

Now Renault might cut Duster prices if they can & if they start losing sales to Ecosport. Just love the new competition! I am not sure Duster deserved such high prices anyways!

Why on this planet alto800 and Ertiga will be affected by ES. In Bangalore ,you can see such stalls or event at in many office premises. Do not forget this is phase where our economy is going negative and all the manufacturing firm showing a sharp decline. Need to wait for some time to arrive at conclusion and do not forget many new products are in queue including X-Alpha. I too like Ford but it does not mean that if I had to buy Alto 800 then I would consider Ford ES.
Hey even in Chennai IT parks we have many car stalls. I am not talking about it. In Chennai we cannot see Maruti put a stall in road sides so often beacuse their sales were no 1 they never bother on such marketing techs in Chennai on their top selling cars like swift, alto800. Today I saw many stalls in every 2 or 3 kms.. But after the amaze and ES was released I see the heat in Maruti people. Maruti people never worried about giving offers.

Last edited:

Top Bottom