The Urban Flavour: Ford Ecosport vs Renault Duster

Ecosport or Duster

• Total voters
Yes but top priority in a list would be FE, cheaper maintenance and looks. I can list many cars which had good looks but failed in india

Yesterday i had quick look @ duster in showroom. The base 85 ps version is 10.2 lakh in pune. Compare to features i think its completely overpriced. The interior plastic quality is same as alto k10. After spending 10 lakh you will get only basic features.not even the music system. Although i have not seen ES but looking at price it looks vfm

Yesterday i had quick look @ duster in showroom. The base 85 ps version is 10.2 lakh in pune. Compare to features i think its completely overpriced. The interior plastic quality is same as alto k10. After spending 10 lakh you will get only basic features.not even the music system. Although i have not seen ES but looking at price it looks vfm

we dont have much info on how it happened in chennai

but during the media drive in goa it happened due to negligence of the drive who driven the car too faster in a narrow road and it toppled after hiting a post

we have about this in ecosport thread on the same day

refer http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...drive-ford-ecosport-test-drive-review-65.html
and 66 page too

in short Ecosport is as safer as anyother car if you use in normal way; if some one try to check any vehicles extreme performance either they should be trained to handle it on unknown terrain or their experiment costs their life

Yes but top priority in a list would be FE, cheaper maintenance and looks. I can list many cars which had good looks but failed in india
This is not specific to India buddy , the whole world revolves more or less on the same wants , principles .

1) first time car owners , who graduate from motor cycles or just come to a position where they can afford a car buy something from" a" segment . Here FE , and maintenance takes first priority .

2) b segment buyers apart from service and FE give priority to looks and some of them give priority to safety also .

3) in c and c+ segments , people for sure give priority to looks , safety , gizmos . And are in position to sacrifice 1-3 Kms per liter fuel economy for a better looking car and safe car .

Now you decide in which segment the duster and ES comes and which gives the most bang of the buck .

The quanto gives decent economy , super space , the a.s.s is also relatively cheap and efficient then why are people not giving priority to it ? most of them I know are avoiding it because of looks .

Ask guys here who have voted or booked the ES why they dint prefer the quanto ? in spite of knowing it is more spacious and more or less will return same fuel economy and is relatively cheaper in price and even to maintain
And which do you prefer in both ? And I think nobody is writing off the duster or making the ES winner , guys are just showing what they would prefer among the two.

Last edited:
I said priority in the order FE, maintenance and looks. I did not omit looks here. Who told quanto did not sell cars? Even in market we have Premier Rio also Bigger ForceOne. It is reliability and trust what people want. I have driven this car in Brazil in my last official visit. The question here is reliability. How reliable are they. I said let us wait and watch how it rolls out. Consider if x alpha comes out in another 3 months still will you consider buying ES? We still did not forget recalls done by ford. No hard feelings I am a x owner of figo.

Last edited:
I said priority in the order FE, maintenance and looks. I did not omit looks here. Who told quanto did not sell cars? Even in market we have Premier Rio also Bigger ForceOne. It is reliability and trust what people want. I have driven this car in Brazil in my last official visit. The question here is reliability. How reliable are they. I said let us wait and watch how it rolls out. Consider if x alpha comes out in another 3 months still will you consider buying ES? We still did not forget recalls done by ford. No hard feelings I am a x owner of figo.
it works if MS offers XA Alpha at cost cheaper than Ecosport, but MS wont do that as it will kill at least 4 to 5 MS top selling hatches such as swift, ritz and so on....

remember Indian consumers are more price sensitive too

MS will do that. If they consider that calculation they would not have brought Ertiga in that price tag. What ever car it releases in a VFM concept it has won. The same was said when ritz was introduced. We have a bigger mass of people to buy swift that is why it is so successful.

I said priority in the order FE, maintenance and looks. I did not omit looks here.
Brother" priority in order " changes from person to person , The reason I listed the segments in which either of them come first is because we just can't genralize things like we " indians " prefer this and that . Priority often is closely related to affordability too .

Who told quanto did not sell cars? Even in market we have Premier Rio also Bigger ForceOne.
Did you read what I wrote about quanto ? I asked you ask guys who have booked the ES or who have voted here for the ES , will they prefer the quanto instead of ES inspite of being cheaper , more or less equally fuel efficient ,cheaper to maintain, much more spacious and which also has a good a.s.s support across the country ? .
I have not said quanto " doesn't sell " I have said " relatively " compared to ES people are not giving it as much priority . And Iam saying many people are not giving it a priority because most of them " i know "don't like the way it looks .
The point was brought here just to demonstrate that people do give preference to looks specially in the b+ and c segment range .

It is reliability and trust what people want. I have driven this car in Brazil in my last official visit. The question here is reliability. How reliable are they. I said let us wait and watch how it rolls out
Happy to know that you have driven the ES last year in brazil .

The thread starter has asked only " individual preference and view regarding certain qualities " in both ES and duster here .
so members by means of poll are voting and just showing their preference. All are going to wait and watch how reliable it is or not .

Consider if x alpha comes out in another 3 months still will you consider buying ES?
Why not ? Are you sure that x Alfa will be coming in same price range , gizmos , and safety kit ? If you can tell us how it will look for sure , what safety features it will have and what price range it will come and if it proves on all parameters its better then ES now , atleast I will wait .
We still did not forget recalls done by ford. No hard feelings I am a x owner of figo.
You must be happy that you own a car from a company which is responsible enough to do a recall incase there is a error or fault from their side . Maruti must learn this from ford / mahindra by doing a recall and giving good brakes for swift owners .

Buddy lets not make this complicated , the thread is just about duster vs ecosport and which we would prefer under the given parameters by the thread starter .

Last edited:
I just want to say recalls done by ford was not free. You must know this. They charge for consumables like oil and fluid for steering used. This is realy bad. This was their fault and they should not charge even for consumables. No hard feeling brother 60000 customers in duster even when we had beast like XUV. Let us wait and watch its reliability. You know how swift is popular globally. If there was severe braking issue sales number would not count. You can count swift sold this year.
Ok let us discuss this in new thread. Sorry guys for off post.:cool:

IMHO - Ecosport might grab a huge market share from Duster & then M&M S101 will grab some from both if it is done the right way if it comes out at the right time.

Just walked into the ford dealership on ORR, JP Nagar Bangalore recently while was driving in that area to checkout ES. Its alright frankly, not too impressed but okay. If every single part of any good hatchback selling in India was made about 1.5 its current size, you might get ES as a result! that simple. bigger better more powerful hatch.

The dealership was like a fishmarket or a village fair, with just too many people walking/driving in to check it out ES.

Nice to have more competition/choices for the ever gullible customers I guess.

1) Looks : ES and Duster. (Both are stylish in their own way, Ecosport more urban where Duster traditional)

2) Interiors: ES

3) Space: Duster (But ES is also has OK space without comparing boot)

4) Performance: ES and Duster(ES Ecoboost has a edge)

5) Handling: ES (Based on reviews and Ford history, not test driven yet)

6) Aspirational Value : Ecosport

Duster is ridiculously priced and package offered is horrible. Ecosport is a great all in one product.

Top Bottom