My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Hello Sankar,

Purchased wing spoiler from concept cars Calicut, As you suggested.
Amt - 3150 ( with painted)

Once I received the spoiler ABS SILVER colour not matching what they sent.
So again went for repaint with local painter he charged RS 1000.

Fitting done at moto mall car spaz opposite to YMCA nandanam.
Charged - 500 RS.
Pics attached below.

I guess, I spotted your car at DLF IT park[roll]

Thread Starter #182

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
And if possible , tell me where i can buy chrome plated door side protectors for my amaze silver color , i searched online , but couldnt find a good one sir.
And do you have any idea of fitting chrome border lines for your windows ?
Koyas Coimbatore - I have spent Rs.12000/- during 1993 for my Premier Padmini and left the car with them for two days. It required extra cushion for comfort.
But I don’t know why you want to change your seats. Do you want to have separate head rest type? I understand the present amaze seat is good and comfortable. If you are tall, more cushioning will reduce head room space. Think it twice and proceed. Yes, Koyas charge premium for their premium quality.

Shark fin antenna- He got glistening grey colour and you have to re paint it. It is better you can order online abroad. Read here for purchase details: Where to get Shark fin antenna - Page 3

Fitting chrome border lines for your windows- Please read @ page no.10 of this thread regarding silver chrome strip, dt.22 /23rd November 2013 for information which I replied to ujwal .

Chrome plated door side protectors – I too could not find it. Amaze door panel has more aerodynamic lines like new ANHC 2014, that’s why it is not popular. I will inform you if I come across.

Last edited:
Koyas Coimbatore - I have spent Rs.12000/- during 1993 for my Premier Padmini and left the car with them for two days. It required extra cushion for comfort.
But I don’t know why you want to change your seats. Do you want to have separate head rest type? I understand the present amaze seat is good and comfortable. If you are tall, more cushioning will reduce head room space. Think it twice and proceed. Yes, Koyas charge premium for their premium quality.

Shark fin antenna- He got glistening grey colour and you have to re paint it. It is better you can order online abroad. Read here for purchase details: Where to get Shark fin antenna - Page 3

Fitting chrome border lines for your windows- Please read @ page no.10 of this thread regarding silver chrome strip, dt.22 /23rd November 2013 for information which I replied to ujwal .

Chrome plated door side protectors – I too could not find it. Amaze door panel has more aerodynamic lines like new ANHC 2014, that’s why it is not popular. I will inform you if I come across.

Thanks a lot sir . regarding seat cover , in the rear seats i feel the thigh support is not enough and i need to put a good cover . As u say I am 6.2" , atleast for the driver seat i will try to minimise the modification.

These two pictures which I noticed in internet, made me happy. No one will regret for having bought an old model ANHC which I feel, equally attractive. Am I right?

Absolutely agree with you Sir, 3rd gen is also stunner like 4th gen. So no regrets to have one. [clap]

Sir I want your expert opinion on the car body cover or parking cover. What is its advantages and disadvantages and also its effect on car, whether its good or bad whatever. Its for our City's and also for other cars. [:)] Please comment on this topic so we can use i in our routine life.

Sir I want your expert opinion on the car body cover or parking cover. What is its advantages and disadvantages and also its effect on car, whether its good or bad whatever. Its for our City's and also for other cars. [:)] Please comment on this topic so we can use i in our routine life.
I know you weren't referring to me but I thought I'd let you know my $0.02 [glasses]

Car covers are good. If you can, go for the ones that have a furry lining on the inside as the other one can cause fine swirls marks on the paint in the long run (I faced that problem in my Getz whereas my uncle had a cover with a furry inside which prevented scratches). Also, you will have to always make sure to fold the cover once you remove it (which I rarely did as I was too lazy) or else you will have a hell of a time later on when you want to cover your car again. And also, make sure to clean the cover regularly as the amount of dust that can collect on the outer surface is shocking, especially if you live in a dusty area. Also, before putting on the car cover, make sure you have removed all the dust and dirt and water off your car (dust will cause swirl marks and scratches when you remove and put on the cover and collected water can cause rusting in the long run).
I personally think that car covers are only needed if you plan on leaving your car covered for a long time (if you use your car daily, there's no need for the cover). Also, if you have a covered parking lot, I say forget car covers.

So basically,
Advantages:
1. Helps keep the car dust free and dirt free
2. Protects car from the harsh sunlight

Disadvantages:
1. The car and the cover has to be clean or else it can cause swirl marks and scratches.
2. It is a cumbersome process to put on the car cover everytime and remove it daily, especially if you are lazy like me [embarass]

Regards,
Vipin

These two pictures which I noticed in internet, made me happy. No one will regret for having bought an old model ANHC which I feel, equally attractive. Am I right?
Absolutely right sir. I always like the front chrome grill of old model ANHC which I feel more majestic than the new one.

Thread Starter #191

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
I know you weren't referring to me but I thought I'd let you know my $0.02 [glasses]
I personally think that car covers are only needed if you plan on leaving your car covered for a long time (if you use your car daily, there's no need for the cover). Also, if you have a covered parking lot, I say forget car covers.
Regards,
Vipin
Thanks, VipinLJ for saving my time & for helping each other, specially our friend HaruH .

You have covered the information in a nice manner.

"I personally think that car covers are only needed if you plan on leaving your car covered for a long time (if you use your car daily, there's no need for the cover). Also, if you have a covered parking lot, I say forget car covers."

I agree with you. Another disadvantage is that it can be easily stolen.

Selection of car cover mainly depends upon its use. Whether indoor or outdoor, can it protect the sun UV rays, can it protect against moisture from fog, rain or dust; the material quality- its softness, water resistant and breathability.

Honestly one fabric will never be an all season cover.

It is better to do periodical washing and ensuring a solid coat of wax over the paint surface to avoid swirls in a dusty area especially where it is inevitable to use a cover. Good waxing also helps paint fading due to moisture condensation.

This site explains nicely about- Car Covers: Types and how to use them.
Car Cover Types and how to use them - Car Care Specialties Article

Last edited:
Thanks, VipinLJ for saving my time & for helping each other, specially our friend HaruH .

You have covered the information in a nice manner.

Thank you so much VipinLJ and Dr MUDHAN for your explanations on car covers. I have asked this question to elaborate my knowledge and I use cover on daily basis although I use my car on daily basis because my car having open parking and very dusty environment, If I didn't use it for a single day car gets very thick layer of dust, and children use to draw their names on that dust which results into scratches.
And when using cover if I didn't roll it down properly as VipinLJ said it results into swirls and small scratches.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/15797-honda-city-v-mt-1st-h-3rd-h.html In this link you can get the reference of my car with cover and parking area.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #193

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART XXV:

MY ALBUS ALLOYS GETS JEWELS!

Somehow I felt that if the center emblem badge of Honda alloy wheel has darker color that would enhance the look.

My search began even before I bought the alloys when I had standard steel drum with regular wheel cap, which was rather insipid.

I found some really good quality badges & of two types. One simple paste on sticker and the other replacement to original hub cap. It comes in high quality crystal fibre cum metallic type, available in both ebay.com & Aliexpress.

I went on black one, sticker type as it would be easy to paste on the center, avoiding removal of each wheel & OE hub ones. I have also chosen the right size, 60 mm outer.

I feel, they are good and I don’t know how you perceive! [;)]

honda wheel cap.jpg

honda hub cap.jpg

Last edited:
PART XXV:

MY ALBUS ALLOYS GETS JEWELS!

Somehow I felt that if the center emblem badge of Honda alloy wheel has darker color that would enhance the look.

Sir it looks great on the alloy, If you can post more pics for that with full car in picture will give more better idea for that. [:)]

Thread Starter #195

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Sir it looks great on the alloy, If you can post more pics for that with full car in picture will give more better idea for that. [:)]
Dear HaruH
Thanks to note that you & Figoian liked it.
I shall get you some better snap shots later, meanwhile I am posting the one I have.
Regards
Dr. MUDHAN

ANHC.jpg

( CLICK OVER THE PICTURE TO SEE IT ENLARGED )​

Last edited:

Top Bottom