My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Thread Starter #166

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Thanks Hari
Yes. I miss took it the wing. Naturally it would be flying type and have gap.
I hope, the quality of the red LEDs are good in the spoiler.
Btw, please let me know the local painter details who painted the spoiler and any good auto electrician for our ANHC in Chennai when you come across. It might be useful to me in future.

Thread Starter #168

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART XXIV:

MY ALBUS GETS ALLOYS!

mu.jpg

I thought, one day I would make my ALBUS to get alloys. But I never thought that would happen so fast and, that too unexpectedly & so inexpensively! [:D]

I started exploring for good alloy wheel for my ANHC. I noted one deal @ Snap deal (Rs.16000/-) for a beautiful X2 brand alloy that is specific for ANHC model. The ‘minus’ I felt that it was only four in one set, 2009 design and the width 5’j as against 5.5 j , as specified by Honda. If one break accidently, I have to replace the full set. I dropped the idea. Decided to go with only Honda original for safety & warranty issues.

I analyzed through Olx.in, could find one at Bangalore- 5 spokes Honda Jazz 15’ gun metal color for Rs.15000/- , can fit to ANHC. I rejected, though I called the seller and checked. The reason, the color is dark gun metal and the advertisement misguides that Jazz 2013 model. We know that all Jazz cars were sold out during 2012 by Honda.

Another advertisement at Kochi Olx for 5 spokes Honda was appeared to be good. Contacted & he quoted his final price @ Rs.13500/- But, understood that he is not keen in responding and disappointed me twice by making my friend at Kochi to wait. He was telling that no one would give for the price he had offered ie. Rs.13500 for four nos. 5 spokes Honda alloys. He also said that he had paid Rs.2500/- alone for the center Honda emblem stickers. But made us to wait again. I have decided to ignore this person.

My conscious mind told me that why not I should check up with the Dealers @ Chennai as I felt Honda might offer some good discounts as the present design of alloys are going to be phased out.

I thought that the 10 spokes alloys came with ANHC VMT model is beyond my reach. So I called Sundaram Honda, Chennai. Unusually the accessories dept. in charge told me ‘why do you want to settle down with 2009 model 5 spokes alloys? ; now Honda offers great discount for 10 spokes alloys which would be around Rs.3000/- per wheel ’
My God, is it true? Can I get so cheap the Accord car type alloys, which was costing once a bomb ie. Rs. 40000/-& more? Am I in a dream world? … My mind started thinking.

I checked up with my dealer Olympia Honda and understood that no such deal available and there each wheel costs Rs.8500/-

I tried Capital Honda and I was told that such deal is not for every dealer and it costs there Rs.6500/ per wheel and, they were very keen about my visit.

I checked up with the famous Magnum Honda, Bangalore and I was informed that this Honda offer was true but was available for one day only. They told me that they would consider my request and can offer Rs.4500/- per wheel.

So I understood that there is a deal, let me see whether I would be lucky enough? Next day I called my friend who has a good rapport with Sundaram Honda to check up with their GM. It was confirmed and they requested me to send the car that day itself.

I sent my car through their driver and I was really restless about what I was doing as I was not still able believe the price of Rs.3500 /- per wheel approx. including fitting. Indeed I was praying that it should not be a bomb after everything done.

After 5 hours, the Manager called me and told me that the bill was Rs.14936/- for 5 wheels which includes the cost of center Honda sticker, new chrome nuts, tube mouth wheel rim modification, wheel balancing, weights and alignment services.

The car was delivered to me with a special touch and extra ordinary care. They repacked my old wheel set along with chrome nuts & returned.

Am I lucky? May be, but it occurs rarely to me.

dr mu 02.jpg

1. Made by X2 Brand, India, replica of Honda’s ‘ Y ’ spokes, hyper silver type released in other countries during 2008/09. Honda released for 16 inch. This is 15 inch but width is 5j and not 5.5j.
2. Honda 5 spokes type dull finish released in India & other countries during 2009 to 2012
3. Modulo type available on order with Dealers, expensive, around Rs. 10000 each.
4. Honda 7x2 spokes- Available with some Indian dealer @ Rs.8500 each.

My ALBUS, 5x2 spokes, almost similar to No.4 , introduced by Honda India for the face lifted ANHC 2012/13 in higher end version like VMT. Originally priced for Rs.10000 - 6500/- and now discounted to Rs. 2500/- each, for a limited time.

dr mu 01.jpg

On my careful analysis, they are not appeared to be factory second. However, they are neither shiny like hyper silver coated nor dull, but exactly as offered in VMT version. But the coat is not very strong. They will be excellent for good roads.May chip out by stone damage in very bad roads.​
Is it common for all the alloys?

Last edited:
Hello Mudhan sir,
I am new to this forum,infact yours is the 1st thread i read on this forum.Its an excellent thread .Its been almost 4 years since i bought my Honda city EMT.I haven't made any changes to my car since then.Now I want to add a lot of accessories to my car.Sir,i have some questions regarding these accessories,like
1) Can we add fog lamps to 2010 EMT model which dont have the provision for fog lamps?If we can shall they have to cut the bumper and install them or is there any other way?
2) I like the front grill for honda city,and enquired about it in the showroom in vijayawada.First they said that its available in Madurai Sundaram showroom.Later they said its for 2012 model and front grill for 2009 model is not available anywhere in India.I searched on the net and thats when i found aliexpress website.This is the link for the front grill.

Front grill for HONDA CITY 09-in Special Store from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

The cost is around 9,000 rupees.If i order it will there be additional customs duty to be paid? Is it a reliable web site?
Thanks.

Thread Starter #170

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Hello Mudhan sir,
1) Can we add fog lamps to 2010 EMT model which dont have the provision for fog lamps?If we can shall they have to cut the bumper and install them or is there any other way?
2) I like the front grill for honda city,and enquired about it in the showroom in vijayawada...

Dear Doc

Welcome to TAI and to My thread.

I will answer your questions :

1) YOUR FIRST QUESTION OVER ANHC 2010 FOG LAMP ASSY.

All 2009 -11 ANHC models have provisions in the bumper. It is not difficult to fix an OE fog lamp assembly. Only thing it requires creating an oval cut and a correct auto electrician. Any Honda dealer will help you, they would charge you approximately Rs. 1200 /- for professional fitting.
The complete kit available @ 114 dollars on line abroad. If you import into India, custom duty would be 30% extra. Anybody there for you in US or UAE, can receive without custom duty and to bring to India. Kindly check up with Honda dealers, you may get it for a discounted price which would be free from any hassle. Good auto spares dealers like Popular Automobiles, Mahavir may have them, and it would safe & cheaper. Explore before purchase and decide.

ON LINE SOURCE :
08 09 10 Honda City Fog Lamp Lights Fit Aria Sedan | eBay

DIY - ANHC FOG LAMP ASSEMBLY FIXING :
These pictures are from ‘pakwheels’ forum and you go through the details by clicking the link. Ok?
D.I.Y Fog lights in new honda City 09 - 107619
img_car-ranges.jpg

1. PakWheels(com).jpg
2. PakWheels(com).jpg
3. PakWheels(com).jpg
4. PakWheels(com).jpg

2. YOUR SECOND QUESTION OVER FRONT GRILL :

I would advise you to avoid such an import of big size, Indian customs will charge you duty as they like. TRANSIT is also risky.
Actually the one you referred is the replica of Honda modulo kit. The original available with any Honda dealer or they can get you on order. Once I checked up for my colleague’s ANHC 2010, they said they can get it on order, quoted a price of rs.9000 – 10000. Try from Honda dealers @ Chennai, Bangalore etc. if possible try bargain and they may come down.

cuty 09 modulo1.jpg

When you get time, go through my other threads, I am sure, it might be helpful to you.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...line-shopping-abroad-customs-formalities.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...83-exhaustive-guide-car-detailing-basics.html

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Last edited:
Thank you sir for the prompt reply.I want to get alloys also.I enquired in some shops and they have very few models.A company called PE alloys were priced at 18,500 for 4 alloys.Another company called GTR alloys were priced at 20,000 for a set of 4.Do you happen to know anything about these?
Thank you.

Thread Starter #172

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dear drdoddapaneni

Please read my article in this page: PART XXIV: MY ALBUS GETS ALLOYS!

First check with the Dealers whether any such offers are still available and that would be the best. if possible , go with the original for safety & peace of mind.

There are after-market very good quality, reliable set of alloy rims from some of the reputed manufactures like NEO ,HRS, Hijoin, Lenso , Plati, OZ Alloys. Explore.

Some suggestions:

While buying for ANHC, please ensure the specification - 15'' - PCD - 100 / Holes - 4 / Width – 5.5J & better buy 5 nos., if possible. It would help you later if you search for similar one for any contingency.

I don’t like the universal type having 5 or 10 holes - which are unnecessary extra.

Avoid unknown Chinese brands / makes which are appeared to be cheap.

Prefer less spokes for easy cleaning & better cooling.

Buy Alloys that have passed stringent quality controls Leak / X-ray tested & suitable for Indian road condition. Ensure no modifications is necessary & exact fitment as per specification.

All the best for your alloy hunting.

Dr MUDHAN

DR MUDHAN Sir,

Thanks for info about alloys offer. Last Sunday given my vehicle for 50 km service in sundararm honda that time enquired any offer going on for alloys. They confirmed 2500 RS each alloy and said only 4 pieces available.

Decided to change the alloys as this model looks good, Previous one is 5 spoke .
It's cost 12540 RS for set of 4 with fitting charges, For spare tyre used old alloy.

Attachments

Unusually the accessories dept. in charge told me ‘why do you want to settle down with 2009 model 5 spokes alloys? ; now Honda offers great discount for 10 spokes alloys which would be around Rs.3000/- per wheel ’
My God, is it true?
They confirmed 2500 RS each alloy and said only 4 pieces available.
Can't believe it to be true [surprise] An OE Alloy for 2,500?

Happy for you both. I wish Ford comes up with something like that [lol]

Hello Sir,

Just completed your thread at one go . You are doing a very impressive work sir. I own an Honda Amaze idtec Silver color base version . Looking for modifications , Keeping your thread in mind [clap]

Thread Starter #176

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
DR MUDHAN Sir,
Thanks for info about alloys offer. Last Sunday given my vehicle for 50 km service in sundararm honda that time enquired any offer going on for alloys. They confirmed 2500 RS each alloy
It is Nice Hari, you too got it.
Can't believe it to be true [surprise] An OE Alloy for 2,500?
Happy for you both. I wish Ford comes up with something like that [lol]
Yes, Figoian, We were just lucky! Thanks.

Hello Sir, Just completed your thread at one go. You are doing a very impressive work sir. I own a Honda Amaze idtec Silver color base version. Looking for modifications, Keeping your thread in mind [clap]
Dear inian,
In fact, I have been thinking that now a days no body is visiting / commenting on my articles which I make with so much of efforts. I was happy about you and what surprising me that how could you make it at one go.
Hope, it must have been interesting to you.
Thanks for your complements.
Have good times with your Amaze.

Regards to all.
Dr MUDHAN

Last edited:
Yes sir . Pretty impressed with your modifications and your way of explaining things.

Sir , just suggest me if you have idea on the following things.

I am almost done with all of my accessories fitting except few (hope u looked into my thread[;)] )

1) needed a good seat cover . Not interested in just snug fit covers . Enquired koyas Coimbatore . They quoted 15k . They ll remove the oem cover . Put some extra cushions as we need and fit with a good leather cover of our design and color . Is it worth that money ?

2) attracted towards your shark fin antenna . Can I fit the same in amaze ?

Thread Starter #178

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Sir , just suggest me if you have idea on the following things.
1) needed a good seat cover . Not interested in just snug fit covers . Enquired koyas Coimbatore . They quoted 15k . They ll remove the oem cover . Put some extra cushions as we need and fit with a good leather cover of our design and color . Is it worth that money ?
2) attracted towards your shark fin antenna . Can I fit the same in amaze ?

Yes inian.

I really went through your thread even before you landed here. Your TN 48 AA 7267 pictures, reference about Praba (POP Car accessories), Wheel Cap & Seat Cover dilemma… everything I know.

I am really keen in meeting Praba, only thing I am afraid of the distance & traffic, as I have some more works to be completed for my Albus.

I am hunting for a good electrician who will handle my ALBUS carefully.

Coming to your clarifications:

Koyas Coimbatore – I am from Coimbatore. I had a chance once to modify my Premier Padmini’s seat by them. They are very famous, very good and use excellent materials, You will never regret.

Shark fin antenna – I think Amaze has the same antenna as ANHC. It will exactly fit. Recently my friend imported for his Dezire but unfortunately mismatched, could not fit due to wider black base there.

Last edited:
[:D] Think you are following almost all the threads in this forum sir .

Ya as u say , its pretty far . but praba is available even on sunday. on that day , traffic will also be less in morning time . if u call him , he will open the shop even at sunday morning 7 30 . Because that is what he did for me . [:)]

Koyas Coimbatore - Just spoke to them . They need the car for 2 days to be stationed there to work out . so planning to go there on jan 15th (maatu pongal day) . they are open even that day . But spending 15k will be worth the money ??? i know about koyas but till now i didnt visit them . kindly give me a more insight into this .

Shark fin antenna - Mine is a silver color one . do your friend also has the same color with him . if he is not gonna use them , then i can buy them from your friend. if not kindly give me the link sir.

And if possible , tell me where i can buy chrome plated door side protectors for my amaze silver color , i searched online , but couldnt find a good one sir.

And do you have any idea of fitting chrome border lines for your windows ?

Top Bottom