Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 (2012) CRDi EX: 81,000+ Kms

Thread Starter #16
Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDi EX: Quick update at 9,000 km

Hello friends,
It’s time for 9000Km update. Since April last week, forced to spend inside Bangalore City limits, but for a 36 hours / 1100km trip to hometown near Madurai and back.

Onward Journey: Started at 5:45AM from my North Bangalore residence and it took about 8H 15 min to cover the 520km trip to my birthplace in TN. Drove at a sedate 100-120 kph speed. A few visits to 150 kph were required either to overtake or simply to get away from the cluster of vehicles. This was a no fun drive. 520 km covered in 6:30 Hrs effective running time (excluding a total stoppage time of 1H 45 M for Breakfast-cum-fuel stop plus two coffee breaks plus lunch break) with a mileage of about 19.6 kmpl with ACC on full time. The multi-info display declared an average speed of about 78 kph and a mileage of about 20.3 kpl.

Return Journey: Next day, I had to be at Madurai by 5:30AM. Left Madurai at 8:00 AM and reached home at Bangalore at 2:00 PM. Drove the 440 km alone in 4:30 Hrs effective running time (excluding a total stoppage time of 1H 30 M spent on four coffee-cum-fag breaks, a fuel stop at Salem and a halt to buy fresh Mangoes after Thopur) with ACC on full time. The multi-info display declared an average speed of about 92 kph and a mileage of about 18.8 kpl. Drove at 170 kph on a few stretches for a few minutes to drive out boredom, but kept mostly around 120-140 kph. As the tank had (still has) lot of a fuel, haven’t calculated the return journey mileage.

Highway Credibility: The brutal way this 1.6 CRDi mill in the Fluidic Verna pulls away, without too much compromising the economy in the longer run, I got addicted to accelerate to 140-170 kph. One can quickly leave behind most of the cars and get liberated to enjoy the fun of driving on free roads in Fluidic Verna. Once at a high speed, one can ease the throttle little-by-little, bring the RPM to around 1800-2400 and settle at whatever speed one wants between 80 and 140kph. The multi-info display NOW will show some insane instant mileage figures of around 22-35 kpl. Take 2-3 off the lower figure, and most likely that’s what you’ll get. While cruising at 170kph, the instant mileage figure was varying between 10 and 14 kpl. To me, the “high speed highway stability” of this Fluidic Verna is more than adequate. It can reach whatever high speed one wants in quicker time, can cruise at that speed effortlessly or move upwards, and more importantly can quickly change directions & break confidently during those emergency situations without losing composure. On top of these I feel it commands some respect from those Innova Taxis and the likes.

City Drives: As mostly the car was doing duty in and around Yelahanka area in this period, I could come to certain conclusions on Verna’s City behavior. Once you get used to the size of the car, it’s fun pulling away from the “Kitna Deti Hai” types even in City; one dab, and off you go (only to wait at the next signal of course). I get irritated (who doesn’t?) following these “Kitna” types; you see them all around you. When one can reach 50kph SAFELY, these types happily cruise at 30-35 kph, trying to get the ARAI mileage figures, and blocking your progress. And no, they wouldn’t move to left. They drive cars (small, medium, big, bigger all alike), MUVs and SUVs. And then there are those TT vehicles and BMTC and other buses. You want to leave them when you get the hint of a little opening in traffic? You are in the right car if you are driving a fluidic Verna CRDi. When the mileage conscious guys compute the pressure needed on the pedal for maximizing FE, you just weave around them and dash to beat the signal (if lucky). Threatened to be squeezed by a bigger vehicle ? Like XUV500 ?? Just press the throttle and leave them behind (in city limits or on highway) to intimidate somebody else. In fluidic Verna, you need to remember only one thing; tackling the evil bumpers (pls read my opening post) correctly. After running into them 4-5 times since April, I’ve found another way! Manage to stop briefly on top of these evil bumps and roll down slowly. A friend of mine who owns a Honda City normally approaches these evil bumps angularly (awkward to see from the roadside) also followed this advice and said he has managed to avoid scrapping a few by approaching directly. My two friends who own Verna are more patient than me and claim so for they have not scrapped so much as me. Good drivers they are !?!

Interesting Set of Tyres: I am pretty sure many of you have not heard of this manufacturer. The tyres are 185/65 R15 rated for 88H and have so far managed to give me very good grip/control/breaking on road at high speed and also lot of comfort. They are not yet rotated (forgot). At any speed, any time of the day, keep the windows up, keep the ACC mildly and the music at volume 9 or 10, you wouldn't hear any road noise or wind noise. When the windows are down (smoking you know), the noise is similar to that made by Bridgestones in my earlier Matiz. The spare tyre was checked for the first time around 7000km (since 27 Dec 2012) in mid June ‘13, and the pressure was 34 PSI. The recommended pressure is 32 PSI ! Lucky me !! Now to the tyres … They are from M/s Kumho (China ??), sub-brand Solus KH17. See the attached pictures of my car tyre and also check out the link below:

http://www.kumho-eu-tyre-label.eu/t..._69_C1_Template_Reifenlabe_Kum_b10e2dd495.jpg

Attachments

Re: Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDi EX: Ownership Review At 6,500 Kms

Very nice review Vijay. Keep updating the post. Also jolt down list of issues you are having now. [:)]

From where you got the seat covers? 18k is bit expensive for art leathers. But it looks worthy in the car like original leather seats.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18
Fluidic 18 months driving 126 horses

@Mods: All reviews appear in one place. Is it possible to have initial, mid-term and long-term review sections?

What did “Portugal forays into the German D, mid-field skirmishes & other tackling between the teams, German invasion into Portugal D resulting in clearances by the Portugal Defenders etc “ have in common? The Germans always won the Ball! When I saw a Portugal player charging at a German, I knew, the Germans would retain control of the ball, and was not excited much !! Now, compare that with the drawn but brilliant Brazil Vs Mexico game or the 1st half of NED Vs AUS game (it’s 2-2 after 58 minutes; 3-2 after 68 minutes [WHAT a Goal this Depay scored! That too barely a minute after AUS missed going up 3-2]; finally NED wins 3-2. Three of these 5 goals were simply outstanding. Kudos Kudos kudos Ausies, you guys played out an extraordinary match!); these were anybody’s games and very exciting, but not that 4-0 one in Germany’s not “on-the-edge-all-the-time game”. That game had a boring efficiency and precision built into it.

Let us look at our own Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar with respective batting averages of 52 and 53. We worshipped Sachin the God, were excited to see him shred bowling attacks, but were extremely relaxed when the backbones Dravid or VVS were batting. In SA, Jaques Kallis has 273 wickets at an average of 32 and a strike rate of 39 from 283 ODI Innings. Compare that to Dale Steyn’s figures of 123 W, 25 Avg and 32 s.r in 78 Innings. Without doubt, Kallis’s bowling was Boring; bowler’s consistency and effectiveness resulted in boring ODI spells. Owning a Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDi (Dec 2012 model) gives you the same experience. Period. Into the 18th month and after burning the tarmac for 24,000 kms, I can safely say this [clap]

One might not feel he/she is in the ultimate Driver’s car, but will feel relaxed and assured to take any road at any time. The Fluidic beauty might bottom out if speed bumps are poorly taken, but then one develops the correct method for climbing the mountains-in-the-middle-of-the-road. The Audis, Beemers, Octavias, Jettas, Fortuners, Endies, XUV500s etc might zip past you when you are cruising at 150-170 kph or may be when you are working thro’ a stretch of twisty/bumpy roads at above 100 kph, but, hey, I AM a family man.

At 7:30PM on a Saturday evening in Feb 2014, my Bosses at home decided to seek blessings of Masaniamman at Anaimalai in Tamil Nadu. That’s a good 400km one-way, with about 300km of 4-lane (Dual Carriage Way) and the rest in Single Carriage way travel. 7:30PM and my house is a good 1Hr 30Mn in traffic from Bangalore’s Shanti Nagar Bus Stand , and no plan made till then ! Mr.Fluidic Muscles came to rescue: left Bangalore by 4:00 AM next morning was at the temple by 11:30AM, had a soothing and satisfying Dharshan, finished lunch by2:30PM at Pollachi, and finally sat down for Dinner at 9PM at A2B in Shanti Nagar Bus Stand. Planning by me (OK OK … the Bosses) and execution by Verna. Boring efficiency and effectiveness. On the return journey both the Bosses fell asleep, which they keep repeating on many a long drives, since the Fluidic entered our lives. Bosses never did sleep at the same time in my earlier Gem-Matiz.

Another such one-day trip was a West-to-East trip, from B’lore to Vaitheeswaran Koil, Pullirukkuvelur, near Chidambaram in TN, done in Mar 2014. Out of the 430 odd kms, 200 plus km from Salem to Vaitheeswaran Koil has Single / Dual carriage way Toll roads and then purely single carriage way. This starts, IIRC within a km after paying the 3rd toll before Rayappanur / V.Koot Road (Google says so). From there it is typical State Highway in TN: Tree lined Canopies, the odd bad patches of roads (how come they mange it nicely while in B’lore there’s lot of potholes everywhere), 50 / 100 /125 / 150 CC two-wheelers which do not give a d**n about vehicles thundering thro’ their villages/towns but busy with their heads rested on shoulder, any local car whose driver doing 80-100 kph thinks the F1 drivers ought to learn from him (still always they end up slowing you down) and plenty of tea shops along the route. If you can ignore the odd bad patches and overtake and run away from irritatingly slow moving vehicles, TAKE THIS ROAD for all your Bangalore to Pondicherry (aka Puducherry) or Bangalore to Chidambaram trips. The road is sooooo good for a Single Carriage Way, and it is beautiful. We all just loved it. This time, started a bit before 4:30 AM and was in the temple just before noon. After offering prayers, having extended dharshan, late lunch at Chidambaram, and hanging around in C’d’baram, started for B’lore around 3:30 PM and reached home at B’lore close to midnight. None of us felt we did a ~900km journey in one day.

Then in May 14, I started from B’lore for Chennai around 2:30PM (drove alone), next day a little before noon received my Mom at Chennai Airport, after her finishing a nice cup of Coffee started for my home town which is about 450km, reached home town by 6:30PM, with Mom fast asleep during most of the journey and no one to look at the speedometer :-) The next day started alone after around 2:00PM to cover the 420 odd km and was at my B’lore home for dinner by 9:15PM. Another example of Verna’s boring effectiveness. What’s there to write in a triangular journey of about 1400km in 55 Hrs, for a family man, Huh ?

Now to the service part. All three free services completed (of course). Two from Blue Hyundai and one done at Trident Yeshwantpur. Though Blue Hyundai Koramangala and Trident guys are good, I am more happy with Blue Hyundai, Rajajinagar. However, I went to Shiva’s, New BEL Road for wheel balancing and alignment (< Rs. 500/ in all), immediately after the car was delivered after 3rd Service. Nice thing about all these Service Centers were they sent a driver to pick up and deliver the car (charge was Rs.100/- per service). Within 1000km after the 3rd service, my front Left Fog Lamp came loose, but was hanging inside the bumper. Someone called from Hyudai Call Center to know the service quality, I told them the problem, the Blue Hyundai Rajaji Nagar team got in touch with me, a mechanic was sent to my home after 5:00PM and the good fellow spent an hour outside my house to fix the Fog Lamp. Problem solved.

Spain are lagging by 2-0 against Chile after 57 minutes. Can’t keep the eyes opened any more. When the Cup holders get eliminated frequently in the 1st round, why do all these guys play to lift the Cup? Boring na ? ? [surprise]

OT: Of late, a lot of shops are sporting the “Kumbakonam Degree Filter Coffee – KDFC” along almost all major 4-lane roads in TN. The one’s that serve coffee in Brass Cutlery (we call it Dabara-set in Taminglish) will definitely pull your car to a stop :-)

For any one who is interested in the boring story, my initial review is posted at http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ex-ownership-review-6-500-kms.html#post284804

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #19
1st Paid Insurance & that ONE Irritant.

Insurance Experience:
More than a month before my Insurance expired, I got plenty of calls from all Insurance Cos, in Nov 2013. All using same line: Premium will go up Sirji or Special offer for Hyundai cars or Offer for Hyundai Sedan owners or something like that. Though I had made only ONE accident claim in my life since Apr 2000, I wanted a Bumper-to-Bumper Zero Depreciation Cover, just for the heck of it. Every Co offered it with 24x7 roadside assistance, free towing within 100/150 km of B'lore, preferential treatment at XYZ Service Center and always with a free advice "other Ins. Cos offer inferior service" :-)

My original Insurance was from Bajaj A, for Rs.9.98Lakhs, and everyone agreed to pass on the No-Claim-Bonus. The quoted premium varied from 17K to 29K ! Decreasing IDV value and varying Profit margins played a big role here. A friend in my Co Finance gave 15% as a sort-of-OK depreciation figure. Meanwhile Hyundai dealerships offered "Never-Before Insurance Packages" for around Rs. 25,000 plus. Pitting one competitor upon another, I chose HDFC Ergo who quoted Rs. 21074/- for an IDV of Rs. 8.50Lakhs. Also, their online ratings were/are good.

My 2 cents:
1. This cover is available only for the first two years.
2. Start the process in advance, and you are the King.

The only Niggle that irritated me:
I am generally comfortable cruising around 135kph. And I noticed this after the 2nd free service. Whenever the car went close to 135-140 kph, a mild but irritating humming filled up the Cabin. So, I was forced to either drive below 130 or above 145 kpm. At 145 and above, one needs to be constantly cautious and I did not like it. The car was picked up by the Service team 3 times and the result was zero in spite of them claiming to be trying hard.
Me: Could it be due to (faulty) Wheel Alignment and Balancing (for Rs.900+ !?) done by you?
Them: We checked and everything is OK Sirji. Where in B'lore can we check the car in 135-140 kph speed range ?
Felt that it was a minor irritant inside warranty period and in that comfort zone stayed clear of 135-140 kph speeds.

Solution:
For third service, I refused to do Wheel A & B at service Stn and instead went to Shiva's, near New BEL Road. Problem disappeared and I saved some decent bucks too.

Three more Niggles:
1. The OEM Audio will play only upto 4GB Pendrive.
2. When paired with the Mobile, if the Engine is shut down and key is pulled out, the Bluetooth connection takes long to pair-up when car is started again. By default my BT is ON 24Hrs. So, I switch off the Audio Player before pulling out the key. When I forget that and move the car in a hurry, the phone always rings (in traffic), BT connection is not yet established and the call is from my Boss [anger]
3. The service guys said they can't enable speed-sensing-auto-door-lock in my lowest end EX Model.

Apart from these, so far no other problems. I have trust in the Koreans, because I still savor the 13 years of ownership experience I had had with another Korean Big-Little-Car, the Matiz.

Thread Starter #20
Latest Travelogue: My lucky 1300+ km trip with a punctured tyre

Recently, needed to take a lonely 1000km Bus trip. With two days to go, my family added a few venues and jumped into my schedule. This made it a 1300+ km trip for three and brought the Verna into the equation. The trip was completed without any trouble, though with the front-left tyre loosing pressure slowly all along, but needing only 3 top ups !

The Start:
It was a 1300+ km trip from 2PM on Sunday the 13th July to 11:00PM on Tuesday the 15th, from B’lore-Madurai-Hometown-Sivakasi-Sankarankovil- Srivilliputhur- B’lore via Madurai-Salem. Noticed a loss of pressure on the front-left tyre just before start of J. Filled it up and off us went. It was a sedate journey, forced by rains for about 150+km on the highway. Halted for the night at home town and the next night was spent at Sivakasi, after some heavy local driving.

kitna deti hai:
By this time noticed that the full tank to full tank mileage was @ 21.6kpl, ie., 585km covered with 27 liters of Diesel. On 15th morning, noticed a less than full front-left tyre and inflated.

Sankaranarayanan and Srivilliputhur Andal Temples:
The road from Sivakasi-Srivilliputhur-Rajapalayam-Sankarankovil was quite good, but laced with super heavy local traffic (mostly two wheelers, but, why do buses here always drive on the wrong lane) on 15th morning.
At Sankarankovil, worshipped the three main deities Lord Sankaralingam, Gomathi Ambal and Lord SankaraNarayana (Single Idol with Shiva on the right and Vishnu on the left). By the time we reached the Vaidyanatha Swamy Temple on the outskirts of Srivilliputhur, it was beyond 12noon and the Temple was closed. We were lucky at the Andal Temple of Srivilliputhur, which was open (may be even beyond 1:00 PM). Irony is, for a person born in Sivakasi and taken to Thiruvannamalai Temple (near Srivilliputhur) so many times by Grandma, the first visit to nearby Andal Temple had to come in the year 2014. Had very pleasing Darshan of Vishnu with Andal to his right and Garudalvar to his left.

An unexpected wonder of a road:
Of the 70 odd km from Srivilliputhur to Madurai, first leg is about 55km single-carriage-way-toll free-road which joins the 4 lane highway a little before the Tirumangalam Toll Booth. This is a fantastic road, a real pleasure to drive, in spite of the tyre loosing pressure ever so slowly. Well done Concerned Dept., you guys are nicely maintaining this road. This stretch was done in 40 minutes. While on this stretch, a Tata Manza surprised me by tagging behind for the first 20-25 km. What’s wrong, why is it still languishing at the bottom of sales chart? Oh yeah, “Blame it on the TATA image”. At 2:15PM stopped for a late lunch at the spacious Hari’s (just before the Toll Booth) after seeing plenty of hoardings along the way. Veg. meals was pretty average to say the least.

Back on 4-Lane NH:
Started at 3:00 PM, and almost crossed Salem at 5:30PM but caught in traffic due to a car catching fire on the road ahead. Saw a completely burnt Xylo type body shell being towed away by the service road; couldn’t stop due to the dense traffic. Hope everyone inside escaped without any injury. Mom said it was in Sun News that night. Had a coffee break at a bakery opposite SagoServe (my regular pit stop) and exited Salem after 7:00PM.

The Runaway Car:
Normally the fun starts 20-30 minutes after Salem Toll booth, as the two wheeler traffic becomes thin and Ghat section approaches, leading to Thoppur Toll booth. Here, it is an ever climbing road and a bit steep for loaded trucks which virtually crawl, try to overtake each other and block all three lanes at a lot of spots. Both sides of the road are marred with mounds of Tar too frequently (how did it happen?) necessitating sudden direction changes and rapidly pulling away to beat the Snails’ Parade to the decent stretch of road ahead. Despite these, my high command was sleeping in the rear seat nicely (wearing seat belt). My earlier Matiz was a hoot to navigate in this stretch; it compensated for its lack of power (just 52 bHP) with brilliant handling and the grunt it had in 2nd gear.
But, this 126bHP monster is simply different, in every gear! This stretch was dismissed in no time, blocked roads and certain menacingly driven vehicles notwithstanding. Remember Capt. Jack Sparrow’s dialogue “I say, we fight … to run away”? Well, not only in this stretch, but on any stretch, where loaded vehicles or sedate drivers clog the roads, or when followed by the odd suspicious looking vehicle, this brute fights, wins and runs away [cheers]

The Finish:
Had dinner at A2B, Chinnar and started again at 9:15PM to finally reach home at 11PM. The injured Kumho tyre held its own! Checked the tyre only on Sunday, but, Sunday being a lazy day, repaired it today. There was a puncture with a nail embedded. It took about 10minutes to locate and repair the punctured spot. A surprised shop owner commented “doesn't look older than 15,000 km tyres", and verified the Odo reading. Well done Kumho Tyres Co. It was also pure luck and heaven intervention that there was no other expense than the Rs.120/- I paid for tyre repair.

PS:
This started as my comments on the punctured tyre, but, became a travelogue in no time. Hoping that someone might be tempted to “fill it and go” after reading this, I thought of leaving it as it is.

Re: Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDi EX: Ownership Review At 6,500 Kms

Excellent write up buddy. Congrats for you fluidic beauty! Wish you lacs of happy miles. Any mods planned?

Thread Starter #23
Nearing 30,000km

The Odo has crossed 29,500 in 23 Months. I need inputs from members on two counts : Service and Insurance. First the background and last are my questions.

Background on 30,000 Km 1st Paid Service:
There are three authorised service centres within 6km. They had quoted 7.5K to 9.5K for regular paid service and last week, I sent the car to the lowest bidder (!). Car reached them at 10:15AM and no SA spoke to me till 5:15PM; when I called them during this period, I was put on hold three times for 7 to 10 minutes, each time, with operator repeatedly calling Sir and saying, "Customer is on line". The manager spoke to me finally and after 15 minutes I was told, they were yet to start the very important 1st paid service at 30000km and it would cost close to 15K. This is for the regular Oil/Filter changes, tuning etc and also included the very essential Engine flush and Decarb at 30K km. The erroneous Rs. 7.5K estimate was attributed to the novice receptionist and the competitors quote was dismissed as an effort in pulling the car to their garage [;)]. But the Manager was really sorry for keeping zero contacts with me during the day. I could not trust him on other aspects, told him so and asked the car to be sent back. He was profoundly sorry (that's why I'm neither naming him nor the Service Centre) and the car came back with zero charge.

Insurance for 3rd Year:
I still have a month, and as usual getting plenty of calls. They are agreeing for Bumper-to-Bumper cover and quoting around Rs.19.5K for an IDV of 7.6Lacs, with "No Claim Bonus" benefit included. Last year I read that "B-to-B cover" was applicable for first TWO Years only and I paid Rs. 21074/- for an IDV of Rs. 8.50Lacs. It is question time now.

My Questions on Service:
Fellow members and 1.6L Diesel Verna owners, pls throw some light on these:
1. How much does this 30000km regular service cost ?
2. Is Engine Decarb required at 30K km ?
3. The sales guys two years back kept telling me "in your interest, extended warranty is not required ", and I fell for it.
3.a. Can I avail it now ?
3.b. Is it worth availing it ?

My Questions on Insurance:
1. Have the rules changed to give B-to-B cover in the 3rd Year too ?
2. Have Insurance rates gone up in the past year?

Eagerly waiting for your inputs. Thanks in advance.

Thread Starter #24
My Questions, MY Answers - on 3rd year Insurance.

My Questions on Insurance:
1. Have the rules changed to give B-to-B cover in the 3rd Year too ?
2. Have Insurance rates gone up in the past year?

Eagerly waiting for your inputs. Thanks in advance.
Realised that other Fluidic Verna owners in our forum are lazier than me. I expected at least one member to be less lazy than me. But, thanks to the Call Center employees, and stolen office-time, I got some info today. Posting here for the benefit of others.
1. Some 5-6 Cos offer B-to-B insurance beyond 2nd Yr too.
2. Yes, insurance rates have gone up.

For an IDV of 7.65 Lacs and with No Claim Bonus of 25%, for B-to-B cover, premium quoted is Rs.18,245/- (Magma HDI), Rs.19,224/- (ICICI Lompard) and Rs.20,500/- (HDFC Ergo). The more the bargain, the more is the discount.

The funniest fact comes now. NO Insurance Co got more than 1Star rating at MounthShut. The general feelings expressed by vehicle owners is same: Delayed Survey / Surveyor declaring some damage as a old one / Some parts not agreed for replacement / 50-80% cover instead of agreed 100% (due to fine print) / Delayed clearance of payment etc.

Bottom line is, these Pvt Cos and Public Cos think that the customer is there to cheat and hence adopt a high handed attitude. A customer who was smooth talked while taking the Policy becomes an untouchable while claiming Insurance. An unsettled and anguished Customer expects to be heard, but, there's a delay in someone hearing him out. EVERYWHERE. On-line deals may be good, as long as bad things do NOT happen to car. I've not claimed anything since Yr 2000 (Rs.8000/- went from my pocket after that Dec 2009 accident posted in another thread). Yet I was thinking of B-to-B. But, lesson learned, thanks to MShut.com. So, I have decided to visit the Garage for Service and their in-house-Insurance and see what they have got to offer.

PS: I still hope to get some answers from a forum member on 30,000km paid service. Is it unadulterated laziness OR is it that none other than me in this forum is nearing 30K km in a Fluidic Verna 1.6L Diesel ? If it is the 1st case, I loose my TAI Ranking in Laziness :eek:. If it is the 2nd case, I win [clap].

Re: Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDi EX: 30,000 Kms Update

PS: I still hope to get some answers from a forum member on 30,000km paid service. Is it unadulterated laziness OR is it that none other than me in this forum is nearing 30K km in a Fluidic Verna 1.6L Diesel ? If it is the 1st case, I loose my TAI Ranking in Laziness :eek:. If it is the 2nd case, I win [clap].
Hi Vijay, I too own an Fluidic verna 1.6 CRDi nearing 8k kms now. Earlier I had a i20 CRDi which I used for 38k kms. Based on my paid service experience with i20 for 30k interval, It was around 9k which included only the usual engine oil, oil filter, air filter,fuel filter, tyre rotation & wheel balancing. So for Verna too, it should be around 9k only. My rule is to just follow the official service manual recommended stuffs at the particular interval.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Engine Oil -1300
Diesel Filter Cartridge - 1800 rupees
Air Filter - 400 rupees
Oil Filter - 450 rupees
Labor - 1400 rupees.
So around 5500 rupees plus taxes

Please don't go for useless stuff like caliper greasing , don't change the coolant. First check it yourself or get it checked from a local mechanic and confirm if it's needed to change.
Coolant should be 150-200 rupees per liter.
Don't go for any extra additives for the engine oil (i think they call it supercharger , something like that), they'll say it will do this it will do that. Just say no.

No need for gear oil , steering column oil(something like that) brake fluid.
You can get the radiator flush , it will remove all the dirt from the radiator but then you have to pay for the coolant plus distilled water they will use.(40-50 rupees) just check the quality of the coolant plus water in the reservoir.

No need for teflon coating and underbody rust protection (will set you back around 4000) useless.

Since your's a diesel , you can go for the engine decarb , but first ask them what they will do in that. If they say they'll use only a sparay then don't go for it. If they say some parts will be opened and they will clean it with petrol then proceed. (Spray cost just 90 rupees from outside. They will charge around 300 for the same thing.

Hope this helps. The adviser will keep on pursuing you to change this and that , "saar , get this thing changed asap, or there will be problem" just say no. If you can , post a comment here what all the adviser told you and take an estimate. I have 3 hyundai and i have just asked them to do oil change and what all i mentioned above.

Ps : i have a petrol but i gave estimate for a diesel. Should be near to this.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #27
Update : 30,000 Kms 1st Paid Service Update

I'll make it quick. Today, did the service from Trident Hyundai, Yeshwantpur, BLR. So far so good. I'll know the effect of service within 200 km, may be.

Total Cost of service was 13,153/-. That included set of Rear Brake Pads (@ 3729/-) and a set of Door Visors (@ 1159/-). Cost of the service at 30,000 km is Rs.8265/-.

Bills enclosed for ref.

30K Ser Bill Pg1.jpg

30K Ser Bill Pg2.jpg

Special thanks to allhyundaicars and karts.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

So my estimate was near to the actual cost :p anyways what's the 3rd item? Did he pursue you for any thing that i mentioned ?

Thread Starter #29

So my estimate was near to the actual cost :p anyways what's the 3rd item? Did he pursue you for any thing that i mentioned ?
Yep, and thanks once again for the timely input. The 3rd item in the bill is something to do with cleaning of Car AC.

No, they didn't pester me on anything else. Engine decarb was mentioned fleetingly and brushed off by them. They Accessories chap offered Door Visor, Complete flooring (Rs.6500/-) and Floor Mats labelled 4D (Rs.3500/-; Sir, 4D is better than 3D etc [;)]). I went for the Door Visors. The light coloured Floor Mats merged with car interior nicely and looked really great. Without comparo I was not going to buy. That's the next target.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #30
3rd Year Insurance Update

Final Score : Zero Dep Policy taken for a premium of Rs.19,740/- for an IDV of 7.65Lakhs from SBI General. this included a NCB of 25%. Break up is:
9293/- : Own Damage
4016/- : Zero Dep (Dep reimbursement, as per SBI Gen)
4109/- : 3rd Party
0100/- : PA Cover (Owner Driver)
0050/- : Legal Liability Cover (LL - Driver)
2171/- : Tax

Experience:
Like last year, started getting 7-10 calls in a day, for past one month. Realised the the premium amount has gone up. For Zero Depreciation, the best quotes were in the region of 19.5 to 21K initially. Almost settled on ICICI Lompard for 19.5, but I was asked to pay 2K more due to a mistake in their calculations; said bye bye. Same day Insurance Dept of Blue Hyundai (BH), Bengaluru called and offered Zero Dep at 19.7K from SBI Gen. A BH rep called and informed of an Agent coming to meet me. Agent came showed his Driving Lic and collected the cheque, photo copies, nominee details and e-mail IDs, on 18th Dec.

Bad Experience: After collecting the cheque, THEY forgot and I forgot. On the Dt of expiry of earlier policy the 23rd, I realised not even a cover note was sent to me [anger]. I called the BH guy who contacted me on his mobile; switched OFF. Called the collection guy; switched OFF. Called BH landline #, gave my details and overheard a conversation wherein the assistants declared that no such policy was with them. Deadly pause from me .... then, I heard one assistant shouting my initials (Thank you my dear ancestors for giving me an unique one). Phew... they scanned the cover note and mailed it. The Policy also arrived late evening.

Worse Experience:On 24th, when I checked the Policy, I found the Regn no and Version of my Verna were BOTH mentioned WRONG [frustration]. I could have faced tense moments had I not noticed the error and had some henpecked Policeman checked the Insurance papers. Sent a brief e-mail.

Problem Solved: Received calls from three persons within 30 minutes. Two from BH and one from SBI Gen. One Mr.Anil Naidu (8884410510) from SBI Gen was profoundly sorry. Within an hour a 12 page Policy with all correct info and numbers was in my mail [clap].

On a bloody serious Note: But, yo SBI Gen guys, this mistake should NOT have happened in the 1st place. Yo Blue Hyundai guys, you slept for 4 days and almost screwed a customer.

Show Time: In another thread, someone mentioned that the rear leg room in Fluidic Verna is not enough. I am 178cm tall and in the Pic below, I'm sitting comfy in the seat behind driver seat which is set for my height.

P_20141216_074416_LL.jpg

In my hand is the cover (of my reading glasses) which is about 5cm wide.

Mine (White) and a Petrol Verna were showing of their Front and Rear in our Cos parking lot. These two Pics were taken yesterday.

P_20141224_121351.jpg
P_20141224_121404.jpg

Top Bottom