Which Used Car for Around Rs.3.5 Lakhs

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the current mileage ? 3.5 looks ok but negotiate more.
Regular service after every 10k kms which cost approx. 6+ k

Thread Starter #17
today I have seen

- Maruti swift vxi 2006 make, tubeless tyres, 48000KM run first owner at Honda Autoterrace, They are asking 2.90 Lakhs for it. Its silver colour and car looks nice..
- Honda city zx exi, 2006, 60,000 KM run, black colour, First owner, looks nice as well - Auto terrace asking 4.25 lakhs

If anyway I decide to buy, what should be my offer price ?

Last edited:
@Sramanandi:
Swift VXi,2006 made and 48k kms covered...hmmm[thinking]

So this car is an original(I mean the true blue)SWIFT which comes with a 1.3 engine instead of the so-called good 1.2 K series.
Well,this car with 1.3 MPFI is simply an enthusiastic machine and is always fun to drive.
2.90 is quite high as the car is 2006 made and also it has covered 48k kms too,you may expect something near or less than 2.70 lacs.

About the City EXI,so its the low end variant and has covered 60k kms,so in my views,its better to go for the Swift itself.

Thread Starter #19
About the City EXI,so its the low end variant and has covered 60k kms,so in my views,its better to go for the Swift itself.
It is city ZX,

And for swift, I guess i could get it for 2.70, as he was ready to reduce 10k on the spot.
So if I show genuine interest, i may get it for 2.65 to 2.70. I will try to get few pics of the Swift.

Also any idea about how reliable the Auto terrace is ?

Thread Starter #20
I have offered Auto terrace 3.80 Lakhs for Honda City ZX Exi 2006 (Black color), 67000 KM. I am not sure weather they will accept. Is it on higher side ?

If not, the talk is going on for the swift at the same place.

Offer to give 2.70 lakhs for a swift and spend the rest for fuel or modifications if you need,
Or 3.50 is worth giving for the City ZX.

And BTW should I expect A spare wheel, Jack and (Any other tools) ?
Yes of course! The spare wheel is a must All the tyre changing tools should come with car, and be sure to make a list of equipments you have seen in the car before buying and make sure all are present when you purchase it.

If i were you, i would have gone for either of the following:

1. Honda City ZX: Feels like a premium car even after so many years of existence in the markets. However feels a bit underpowered on long highway drives.
Best Price: 3-4lacs (for i-DSi engine).

2. Ford Fiesta 1.6: Best Drivers car, looks good, drives well, though low FE may have spoiled my deal.
Best Price: 3.5-4lacs.

Try to negotiate from 3.5 and you may settle till 3.6 to 3.7 that will be good enough.

I personally suggest visiting them with pen and cheque book in (make it visible them by placing it in shirt pocket). This will create a good +ve impact.

Thread Starter #30
Yep lets see, Actually I like the swift too at the same place, I just checked the insrurance claim details and it has no claims since last two years, it has got almost 50% bonus from the insurance company, asking price is 2.80. Once I get the service history for the swift, I am planning to visit them in a day or two with the cheque book in hand, and if they happen to give city for around 3.5/3.6 I will get it otherwise I will offer 2.6 for the swift I think they would accept it too. They seems to be more interested in selling the city then swift.

And my wife also thinks that swift would be better choice as this is our first car.

Anyway, thanks you all for the helpful replies, I will keep updating about the progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom