Vehicle Insurance: General Questions & Discussions

Let us discuss questions/queries on vehicle insurance in India.

Ok, first question from my side. It came after reading sad story of theft of 350Z's HU and ECU.

Question is - If the music system is part of vehicle (OE Music System), will it covered in insurance, in case something happen to it?
If the OE Music system is part of your invoice(ex-showroom) it by default covered. You can mention the same when you apply for insurance.
If you want to add music system you can add it later in your policy also by paying a small premium, all you have to do is to send the Invoice of your purchase to the insurer and you will get an endorsement that will mention that your Music system is also covered.

I think all first party insurance will have PA coverage, isn't it?

See my policy for my punto, i never told them anything to put, but i see PA (personal accident) is covered.
Hi

I am an insurance expert and part of the automotive india now.
Its not a default thing you have to opt for it. In your case where ever you have purchased your insurance that guy has opted this for you.
There are various other things that can be added like zero depreciation benefit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Vehicle Insurance - General Questions/Discussion

Mostly some companies covered it but there are companies too that they will not covered it. It depends on the policy of the company so choose wisely on buying auto insurance.

Re: Vehicle Insurance - General Questions / Discussion

I have a question
I want to get scratches, bumper painting work done in insurance claim, so this will surely increase premium next time,so if next time I will get the premium from 'other' company then will the next premium charge remain same or different (+/-) ?

I have a question
I want to get scratches, bumper painting work done in insurance claim, so this will surely increase premium next time,so if next time I will get the premium from 'other' company then will the next premium charge remain same or different (+/-) ?
The only difference (+) will be due to the fact that you won't be able to transfer NCB to next policy year. Though in today's world you can have several quotes from A B C companies and bargain for maximum IDV with lowest premium.

When you want insurance policy for a new car, if you have sold your old vehicle and if that old car's policy has NCB (No Claim Bonus) discount, you can get the same NCB discount to your new vehicle policy also. To do this, you have to provide the sales receipt of your old car, and NCB certificate from your old car's insurance company. This can be done within three years of the sale of your old vehicle.

When you apply for a new car policy and if you have another car in your name with NCB You can transfer the old car's NCB to new car. To do this you can do a name transfer of the old car to one of your family members, get the NCB certificate from your previous Insurance Company, and submit it while applying for new car policy. In this way you can save money if your new car is higher in price than the old car.

For example, if your old car's value is Rs. 2,00,000 and your NCB discount was 35%, and say your own damage premium was Rs. 4000 rupees before discount, you would have got a discount of Rs. 1400 for a final premium of Rs. 2600. The same 35% discount, when applied to a newer, more expensive car worth Rs. 5,00,000, the premium on this car may be Rs. 10,000. When you apply 35%, you get Rs. 3500 discount.

ashikawa & nilay - I am talking about old car and I have already taken 1 claim last year (unavoidable) so there is no issue about NCB etc.
I just want to know that can I change my current policy company after doing claim and then take new policy when my existing policy expires (with least possible premium)

ashikawa I am talking about old car and I have already taken 1 claim last year (unavoidable) so there is no issue about NCB etc.
I just want to know that can I change my current policy company after doing claim and then take new policy when my existing policy expires (with least possible premium)
"Yes, you can change your insurer even every year, if you want.

Time to renew my i10 insurance. Any suggestions based on recent experiences. The car is currently with HDFC Ergo. Checked on policy bazaar and the cheapest quote is from HDFC Ergo. Is it OK to continue with them or has anyone had a bad experience with them. I was thinking of TATA AIG when I bought the car because of the zero depreciation policy. However the dealer didn't allow it because of the offer of free insurance. Also Vibhor has had a bad experience with TATA AIG. Another option for me would be United India as most of our vehicles are insured there. Please do not suggest Reliance or ICICI. I avoid any product from these 2 like plague.

Peter recently my Aria was involved in a minor accident and i have insured it with TATA AIG zero depreciation policy , claimed for the damage. It was hassle free , i will certainly recommend it.

Disclaimer: I have no intentions to promote SBI here.

Just got the info that SBI Motor Insurance, is dependent on the new factors.

Such as based on risk basis.

While watching news on CNBC, these were the factors that was the outcome.

Where the premium of car depends on the parking area of car.

1.If its on road the premium is more.

If it's inside the compound its a tad less, if a car is parked inside garage then the premium can be less upto a max of 20% of the premium.

They also had to say that based on usage pattern the premium can be less.

2. It also says that person above 45 age are having less accident cases.
And younger generation is involved in a spirited driving with high risk.

Which i decline.

According to me, younger generation are less fatigue while driving than aged counterparts.

So what's your take on this guys.

mukesh sir every general insurance company is going to start this.

Hi
I am planning to buy Maturi dezire LDI @6.5 lacs and nOt vdi since it costs 7.3 lacs
i want to know will fiting like power windows etc done by outside affect waranty given by Maruti?

Hi
Just noticed my car insurance has lapsed last year . Dint check it as i hardly use it.
Its a 1995 Maruti 800. Last tike it was insured by new India assurance.
Now how to renew the policy as in online website there is no option like that

Hi
Just noticed my car insurance has lapsed last year . Dint check it as i hardly use it.
Its a 1995 Maruti 800. Last tike it was insured by new India assurance.
Now how to renew the policy as in online website there is no option like that
Vaibhav you will have to take the car to the concerned office, a surveyor checks your car and takes photograph , you have to pay 100 rs to him for checking.
He marks the chassis and engine number with a pencil on a white paper for their reference.
All the existing damages if any are not covered if a claim arises in future.

Then go back to office, they will renew your insurance , by filling a form which they would give you and you have to fill all the details of ownership, chassis etc.
The owners sign must be done on that form.

Friend of mine purchased a used car 6 months ago, but didn't transfer the insurance to his name (RC transfered immediately after purchase) Insurance is valid for next 3 months. Is it possible to transfer it now? It is from New India Assurance. Please do share the procedure and fee / penality.

I tried calling the NIA Tambaram branch, they never pick my call.

Top Bottom