Vehicle Insurance: General Questions & Discussions

i have some questions guys!

1. Is the NCB transferrable from my previous vehicle transferable to my new vehicle after the sale of previous; if YES than how do i go ahead with the NCB transfer?

2. Is the NCB from one insurance company transferable with the other insurance co. for the new car being bought by me?

3. what is the validity of NCB ?

4. I heard that there is something known as ILP21 and ILP23 in a policy. what is the significance of both?

will be happy to find the answers for my queries.[:)]

Hi
which is best car insurance company? I want to buy insurance for my new dezire ?
Should i go for 0 depreciation or comprehensive ?
go for 0 depreciation. its worth !

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Vehicle Insurance - General Questions / Discussion

Dataraj wich company there is no option of zero dep on bajaj website

i have some questions guys!

1. Is the NCB transferrable from my previous vehicle transferable to my new vehicle after the sale of previous; if YES than how do i go ahead with the NCB transfer?

2. Is the NCB from one insurance company transferable with the other insurance co. for the new car being bought by me?

3. what is the validity of NCB ?

4. I heard that there is something known as ILP21 and ILP23 in a policy. what is the significance of both?

will be happy to find the answers for my queries.[:)]

!
1:To claim NCB from old car, one has to transfer the car to one of his family member.
It depreciates the value when the car is transferred from 1 person to other.

NCB is valid for one year after claiming, which can be adjusted in the insurance of next year, if you have bought the new car, and not intending to sell your car or transfer it to your family member.

In order to avail the benefit the car should be taken in the policy holder's name.

2. Yes it is transferrable, ask for NCB quote along with NOC from the existing insurer.
This can be done only when you are about to sell the car.

No idea about the last clauses, its somewhat related to Term Insurance or ULIP, and not related to Automobile Insurance.

Note: NCB accures to a person not to a car.

Last edited:

Hey
How to buy 0 dep policy online for a new car. Cant find any option on tata aig or bajaj website [cry]

Sir
I have bought zero dep policy from royal sundrama . Sir i hope it is a reliable company?
It was 3k less than bajaj [thinking]

is it true we wont get claim for headunit if we dont have faceplate with us ?

bike policy help

hello, i have bought a second bike hero honda passion and there is no insurance paper with it, the i wanna ask that the bike insurance is lapsed. And i have ask insurance to the agent he say for firs party it will chage me 780+300(fine)=1080 and for third party around 600. Can anyone suggest which one to choose.

Re: bike policy help

hello, i have bought a second bike hero honda passion and there is no insurance paper with it, the i wanna ask that the bike insurance is lapsed. And i have ask insurance to the agent he say for firs party it will chage me 780+300(fine)=1080 and for third party around 600. Can anyone suggest which one to choose.
There is no fine and all, yes but the other insurance company are hesitant to give a policy as vehicle is old.
But they cannot deny you.
They will inspect the vehicle by clicking photographs, and you need to pay 50rs for surveyor.(Bangalore).
Then fill the form and get a sign from registered owner and you are good to go.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

i just wanted to add some information here. and i do have some questions as well.

source : TATA AIG Information Booklet.

27022013261.jpg

27022013263.jpg

27022013264.jpg

insurance claim form.
27022013265.jpg

27022013268.jpg

27022013269.jpg

question 1 - depreciation reimbursement , is it valid only for 3 years and we cannot opt for it in the 4th year [confused] the pic above says it. just need to confirm.

question 2 - Depreciation Reimbursement charges are 600 rupees more than the previous year charges. i inquired from my agent he said company keeps on changing the money.

ps : basic charges were also hiked by rupees 100.

question 3 - the service tax before was charged at 10.30% and now it's 12.36 %.

question 1 - depreciation reimbursement , is it valid only for 3 years and we cannot opt for it in the 4th year
the pic above says it. just need to confirm.

Even they extend it upto 5 years on b2b basis if your claim history is not so bad. Bajaj and Bharti Axa provide upto 5 years.

question 2 - Depreciation Reimbursement charges are 600 rupees more than the previous year charges. i inquired from my agent he said company keeps on changing the money.

Older the car, higher the 0% Dep. cover cost. Its same everywhere.

What do you mean by basic charges? Yeah the minimum claim charges are now 1000 instead of 500 as per IRDA guidelines.

That's decided by the Govt. and increased for a number of services including insurance.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

question 1 - depreciation reimbursement , is it valid only for 3 years and we cannot opt for it in the 4th year image the pic above says it. just need to confirm.

Even they extend it upto 5 years on b2b basis if your claim history is not so bad. Bajaj and Bharti Axa provide upto 5 years.

Older the car, higher the 0% Dep. cover cost. Its same everywhere.

What do you mean by basic charges? Yeah the minimum claim charges are now 1000 instead of 500 as per IRDA guidelines.

That's decided by the Govt. and increased for a number of services including insurance.
thanks for the answers [:)]

and in the policy , it was written basic charges. well it's just 100 maybe it goes side by side like you said older the vehicle more the charges.

bhvm

Honoured Member

Great thread folks. I have a question,
I am getting a new Vehicle and will go for Full insurance of the same.
Will the insurance company mind/Reject claims if i add some mods to the vehicle after their inspection. Or what would be the process to keep my insurance alive after mods?

I'm thinking the following mods AFTER getting car insured-
HID kits
Roof rack with Fog lights
Body Graphics and decals
Amplifier and Woofer
Some LED strips in front and underbody.

Hi Bhvm,
The insurance company will only consider the accessories/parts in your vehicle which comes stock and bone. Whatever add on you put will not be insured.

Moreover, if any mishap occurs due to the mods done by you and if that is verified by A.S.S. insurance company will not entertain any claim due to such damages.
e.g. if your stock audio system goes kaput after installing amplifier it will not covered under warranty or insurance.

Kindly take care when you do mods, specially for new cars.

Cheers,
Anshuman

bhvm

Honoured Member

Hi Bhvm,
The insurance company will only consider the accessories/parts in your vehicle which comes stock and bone. Whatever add on you put will not be insured.

Moreover, if any mishap occurs due to the mods done by you and if that is verified by A.S.S. insurance company will not entertain any claim due to such damages.
e.g. if your stock audio system goes kaput after installing amplifier it will not covered under warranty or insurance.

Kindly take care when you do mods, specially for new cars.

Cheers,
Anshuman
Thanks man for the detailed explanation, I may forgo HID kits and Roof lights for a year. However Roof rack is mandatory (XuV 500).

Can you tell me about Body stickers/Decals and LED strips? Since these are unavailable at the dealer, these will be installed AFTER the insurance survey. I don't think they can mess up anything. Decals/Graphics are just peel and stick although they totally change the appearance of car.
Help me bro! I am tensed!

Top Bottom