Urban Titanium Honda City i-VTEC 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #61

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Got the rubbing and polishing done after 5 days of paint-job. The final results are satisfactory. Since it has been raining here in NCR so while coming back some water splashes and slight mud stains came on the right side which are actually unavoidable during rains.

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0155.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #62

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Update

Got the insurance policy renewed today from Honda Dealership here for my car. Dealer quoted Rs. 8428/- as premium and I negotiated the amount to 7880/-. Requested the insurance person of the dealership to correct the salutation in my mother's name (their agent used Mr. instead of Mrs.) and for that I had to re-visit the dealership today since they wanted to verify the salutation from the RC. I before re-visiting them today checked the RC of my car and found there is no salutation used before the owner's name. So, had to take my mom there along with her ID Proof just for their peace of mind and verification. I did try my best to teach them and remind them of "common sense" but as they say some people are lakeer ke faqeer.

Now, I showed the RC to the insurance person and asked as to where is the Salutation used before the owner's name in it? The lady had no reply and seeing this my mom got upset for their careless attitude. I asked the lady there how can the agent be so careless and what if tomorrow someone from your end addresses me as Mrs. Akash? It is not about the spelling mistake in name rather aapne toh owner ka gender he badal diya ma'am. (Ma'am you have already changed the owner's gender). The lady was apologetic and apologized to my mom on behalf of their agent's fault.

My request to you all is, please do go through the details properly of any document bearing your or your family member's name. These insurance agents in the rat race of achieving the targets forget everything about being grammatically correct in spelling etc.

Here is the proof of their utter stupidity! This thing had happened with my existing policy that is expiring in next few days.

20171017_135140.jpg

Regards

Akash

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Can you please share the idv of your car. My insurance agent is a relative and he renewed my verna's premium at 19k. This is the 6th year policy with no add ons
My cars idv is 450k.

Can you please share the idv of your car. My insurance agent is a relative and he renewed my verna's premium at 19k. This is the 6th year policy with no add ons
My cars idv is 450k.
19k is too much for 4.5L IDV. I guess it should be around 10-12k max.

There should be some mistake in calculations.

Just now I have also renewed my car insurance from New India Assurance. Rs. 7265 for 3.2L IDV. Paid using CC via online portal because local agent quoted little high.

Thread Starter #68

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Got the engine oil & filters changed today @ Sector 16, Noida. The car has done 70,650 kms as on date. Bought a bottle of Coolant of Castrol too. Total expense of today Rs. 2390/- (all included). No issues so far in my car. Good going by god's grace!

Regards

Akash

kkn13

Suspended
19k is too much for 4.5L IDV. I guess it should be around 10-12k max.

There should be some mistake in calculations.

Just now I have also renewed my car insurance from New India Assurance. Rs. 7265 for 3.2L IDV. Paid using CC via online portal because local agent quoted little high.
I think mine was also around 9k
Icici I think
Bought via the dealer

Anyone facing rusting issues?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #70

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Urban Titanium Honda City i-VTEC 2011: FINALLY SOLD NOW

Friends,

Final Update of this review

The Car is now sold. I was confused in whether to retain it or exchange it for Nexon Diesel. So, in evening today, sold it to an individual buyer for a reasonably good price considering that my car was the base model manual transmission. The paper work and formalities will be completed in next 1-2 days and the chapter shall be closed. I was offered price between 2.5 to 2.7 L in past two day by various dealers and buyers but I felt the price can still be better. Finally, I got the price I was looking for without much of negotiations. The lowest I was offered was initially from TML's used car section but when dad negotiated, the final offer was 2.7L but I wasn't convinced. Then dad and me checked "Cars24" in Noida, though the concept is good but the execution isn't as good. Couple of things like blocking 10K amount until RTO transfer, Putting the RC on the website/App, Getting the car evaluated by "Industry Experts" and finally in an organized way seeking commission is something I did not like at all so even before their 'inspection' I refused to deal with them. Will talk about Cars24 later in detail. Meanwhile, the CITY will be replaced by TATA Nexon Diesel XZ+ now. Earlier I planned for the XZ but mom wants the Top Spec model so top spec it will be. Surprisingly, she loved the interiors and looks of the car and there wasn't any opposition like in case of the Tigor. So, friends, the CITY's journey ends here.

Thanks a ton to you all buddies who appreciated my car and participated in the review and provided me the valuable advice when I requested.

Regards

Akash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom