Tata Zest Review & Pictures: Zestful Endeavour

Re: Tata Zest: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

TML has succeeded in 1 thing-getting the public to believe they can make good petrol engines!-previously i doubt they sold too many Xetas or Saffire Manza
Perhaps wise to wait for the buzz to settle, niggles sorted out and dealers wanting to sell rather than the buyers queing up
I would love to have the AMT for the missus but with the issues mentioned guess the manual is still a safer option
Hope they get the Bolt out with "No problems per car"-wishful thinking-hope not TML!

You can try to raise the issue through their customer care or mail to them at myzest@tatamotors.com. I hope you havent paid full amount for the car already.
Hi
I have done the complete down payment. But I am yet to sign on the loan agreement. And have raised the issue by escalating the TSM of Tata Motors. Hope that I can hear from her soon.

For all those who are interested to know the October sales figures for Zest . . . .here is something for you .

I got this from Economic Times Magazine this morning. This is the sales figure for tata motors passenger vehicle segment.

Tata Motors - October 2013 - 14,133 October 2014 - 11,511 % Change -19

Instead of all the hype and buzz around the zest tata failed to catch up on sales figures. Thanks to the arrogance of the dealers/sales team and unreasonable waiting period for the car.

Last edited by a moderator:

wincy please tell specific number for tata zest?
Hi Vaibhav

Don't have it currently but will definitely do a look up.

However I do not expect any exponential hike in the sales figure for zest either.

Let's not check it year on year as there was no zest last October. If we check it with last month sales then tata motors has actually performed better. Last month total sales were around 10k with zest numbering around 3.6 k. By that atleast we can assume that sales of zest had gone up compared to last month.

Also production capacity of zest is very less as they are utilising the pune,'s fiat ranjangaon plant to produce zest. Tata needs to fast track their production in order to keep the interest in prospect buyers.

I have also booked a blue xt revotron on Oct 1st but from concorde dairy circle Bengaluru. still there is no response. Eagerly waiting for my zest

Let's not check it year on year as there was no zest last October. If we check it with last month sales then tata motors has actually performed better. Last month total sales were around 10k with zest numbering around 3.6 k. By that atleast we can assume that sales of zest had gone up compared to last month.

Also production capacity of zest is very less as they are utilising the pune,'s fiat ranjangaon plant to produce zest. Tata needs to fast track their production in order to keep the interest in prospect buyers.

I have also booked a blue xt revotron on Oct 1st but from concorde dairy circle Bengaluru. still there is no response. Eagerly waiting for my zest
Hi Kiran,

I agree with the month on month comparison. However by the looks of it . . TATA is not doing as well as it was supposed to be doing even after the launch of ZEST. Production capacity may be one of the factor as the long waiting period is one of the most deterring factor when one plans to buy a car. I have attached the tata's press release on its sales figure for October. Nowhere they have mentioned the no of Zests sold during this period.

As long as your booking is concerned . . . please contact ashesh.dhar@tatamotors.com
if you want to expedite the delivery of your car, there is no point in contacting the customer service. They will just direct your query to Kalyani Barman the TSM who is just another lethargic bum sitting there and ruining company's reputation.
Good luck with your escalation [:)]

Attachments

I hope tata dont believe Zest = Swift :)
Or they will never able to recover

ps: yet to see a zest on the road in delhi [cry]

Also bharti axa is giving zero dep policy for Rs 17,500 on Petrol XMS for IDV 5.45 Lacs

Hi
I have done the complete down payment. But I am yet to sign on the loan agreement. And have raised the issue by escalating the TSM of Tata Motors. Hope that I can hear from her soon.
What do you mean complete down payment?? You mean the amount that you will pay out of your pockets and only the loan amount from bank is still pending?

That is sad...keep pressuring the SA for a confirmed delivery date.

It was initially said that their production was under-utilised and once Zest bookings start they will be able to put it into full-speed thereby reducing the waiting time. Seems that is not happening. It is better for both the customer and Tata if they can speed up delivery and get the car visible on the roads more often that alone will increase interest and more word of mouth advertisement for Tata.

Well since Karl Slym passed, Tata has gone back to its same old mould i guess.[frustration]

It was initially said that their production was under-utilised and once Zest bookings start they will be able to put it into full-speed thereby reducing the waiting time. Seems that is not happening. It is better for both the customer and Tata if they can speed up delivery and get the car visible on the roads more often that alone will increase interest and more word of mouth advertisement for Tata.

Well since Karl Slym passed, Tata has gone back to its same old mould i guess.[frustration]
Absolutely enigmaguy. can't agree anymore. I have already written to Ashesh Dhar the zonal sales manager for South India. His email id is ashesh.dhar@tatamotors.com

Guys please share any other escalation route of you have any with you.

For all those who are interested to know the October sales figures for Zest . . . .here is something for you .

I got this from Economic Times Magazine this morning. This is the sales figure for tata motors passenger vehicle segment.

Tata Motors - October 2013 - 14,133 October 2014 - 11,511 % Change -19

Instead of all the hype and buzz around the zest tata failed to catch up on sales figures. Thanks to the arrogance of the dealers/sales team and unreasonable waiting period for the car.
well basically it's not the zest which has failed but rest of the the cars which did not sell. The sedan segment jumped 49%.

well basically it's not the zest which has failed but rest of the the cars which did not sell. The sedan segment jumped 49%.
The 49 % can be attributed to just Zest, who would even care to buy a indigo after they have got in ZEST.

Can we have the break-up figure ?[roll]
That will be tough to find since Tata is not making much progress with even having the ZEST in their kitty. maybe we must have to wait for a couple of week's to get that info [sleep]

Top Bottom