Tata Zest Review & Pictures: Zestful Endeavour

Re: Tata Zest: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

Hi all,

I had booked Zest QJD on 25th Oct at True Sai works, Hosur and later changed the color on 28th October. At that time, SA told me that waiting period is 6 weeks and If I pay full amount, early delivery could be possible. I told him I will pay completely only after seeing the car. Then yesterday he called me, the following is the conversation,

SA: Sir please pay around 75% of money, we will try to get car from other dealers.

Me: How can I pay without seeing the car. Also if you are getting it anyway, I will pay after PDI.

SA: No sir, they are 3 ppl who have booked before you by paying just the booking amount. So if you pay 75%, we try to get very soon.

Me: I cant pay 75% without seeing the car, maximum I can pay 2 lakhs. But when can I get delivery if i pay.

SA: Thats enough. you can transfer to the account, maximum 10-15 days we will deliver the car and then you can pay the remaining amount.

Me: okay let me see.

I am confused about this. should I really trust him and go and pay him. of course I may not be loosing anything but I am not sure if I am being taken for a ride.

Please advise.
My advice is dont go with SA words. And don't risk yourselves by paying. Yes the waiting period is more around 4- 6 weeks depends on choice. If you can't wait that much time you go manually verify and check with sales manager of both dealers then you pay but it is involved of more risk otherwise simply wait for one more month you get yours one.

Hi all,

I had booked Zest QJD on 25th Oct at True Sai works, Hosur and later changed the color on 28th October. At that time, SA told me that waiting period is 6 weeks and If I pay full amount, early delivery could be possible. I told him I will pay completely only after seeing the car. Then yesterday he called me, the following is the conversation,

SA: Sir please pay around 75% of money, we will try to get car from other dealers.

Me: How can I pay without seeing the car. Also if you are getting it anyway, I will pay after PDI.

SA: No sir, they are 3 ppl who have booked before you by paying just the booking amount. So if you pay 75%, we try to get very soon.

Me: I cant pay 75% without seeing the car, maximum I can pay 2 lakhs. But when can I get delivery if i pay.

SA: Thats enough. you can transfer to the account, maximum 10-15 days we will deliver the car and then you can pay the remaining amount.

Me: okay let me see.

I am confused about this. should I really trust him and go and pay him. of course I may not be loosing anything but I am not sure if I am being taken for a ride.

Please advise.
I don't know but back of my mind, I am getting a feeling are they not passing you a test-drive vehicle. When you go for PDI, chk its odometer also whether it is engaged or not.

My advice is dont go with SA words. And don't risk yourselves by paying. Yes the waiting period is more around 4- 6 weeks depends on choice. If you can't wait that much time you go manually verify and check with sales manager of both dealers then you pay but it is involved of more risk otherwise simply wait for one more month you get yours one.
Thanks sampira. Yes I will speak to the sales manager to get more information.

I am also curious as well as anxious for Oct 14 Zest sales no [:)]

I don't know but back of my mind, I am getting a feeling are they not passing you a test-drive vehicle. When you go for PDI, chk its odometer also whether it is engaged or not.
Even I got this doubt for a moment that it may be a TD vehicle. But I have booked pristine white zest and usually there are no PW TD vehicles ???!

Don't trust dealers(not all) they will say lot of things before paying, once you paid they will ignore you. Its my suggestion, but decision is yours. I paid only after receiving Engine no and chassis no from KHT Motors, they never forced me to pay before car reached them.

Ravi Nalla
Thanks Ravi. Even this dealer was not forcing me, he was suggesting (mildly laying trap?) that If I pay some more money apart from booking amount, delivery will be quicker.

Even on first day, it was same. At that time I told him, if I see the car & do PDI, I will make full payment immediately.

Don't get trapped. If vehicle is lying with other dealer, you can ask for chassis no. Go and do the PDI at other dealer's place. Pay only when you are satisfied with the vehicle.

Concorde Delhi got 4 lacs from me by giving me chassis no. and then they billed it to someone else and asked me to wait for 4 weeks. I had really tough time to get back my amount.
What if they give me chassis no and they say that vehicle is some 100 kms away. what happens if they allot me VIN and chassis no and later I find some problem with vehicle?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi All

I'm also confused about when to pay the dealer. There will be 3 types of payments.
Booking amt/my share amount/ Car loan

After booking the car with booking amt,
1.now what comes next ?
2.at what stage should I pay my contribution amt to dealer ?( irrespective of when he demands it)
3. at what stage should I instruct my bank to disburse car loan to dealer ?(irrespective of when he demands it)

bottom line is - I do not want to loose control over entire process till my car is delivered to me; by holding the funds.

also I do not wish to expedite car delivery.I'm ok if it takes 6 weeks.

Thanks

Last edited:

What if they give me chassis no and they say that vehicle is some 100 kms away. what happens if they allot me VIN and chassis no and later I find some problem with vehicle?
What I am saying is if you are in hurry and want to go for the car lying at other dealership, go for it. Ask your dealer to take you to the car and do the PDI.

Untill the car is billed in your name, they can play around with chassis no. Idea is to get the ch. no., do the PDI of that vehicle and if satisfied, pay the rest amount and get it billed in your name.

I am yet to face similar calls from my dealer regarding delivery. As per various media reports Zest has not lit the sales charts on fire yet there is more than 6 weeks waiting period for most models. Wondering if there are any production line issues for Zest. Need to wait for the october month sales figures to know how much Zests have hit the road.

Great review 350 Z.
Waiting eagerly to see sales numbers for October for zest

Hello Everyone,
Even i was in same situation of when to make balance payment but somehow i felt very comfortable and confident with my SA and even had regular chat with their TL. I made the initial booking amount of 21k a month back and got a call from the showroom that a new vehicle has arrived and they can book it my name (month end pressure) if i can make atleast 2l.
Today, i got their confirmation that car has been booked and i have received the engine and chase number.
I am very excited and hope to get the delivery by end of this week or max mid of next week[clap]

Hi Guys, I am very much interested in buying Zest but am not sure whether I should pick Quadrajet or Revotron. I've read many reviews and almost all reviewers mentioned that the Revotron unit has narrow powerband & top end is weak. On the other hand Quadrajet is quite a rev happy motor & has linear power delivery but since the driver report of Manual Diesel is not available am not sure how well the turbo lag is controlled.

Hi Guys, I am very much interested in buying Zest but am not sure whether I should pick Quadrajet or Revotron. I've read many reviews and almost all reviewers mentioned that the Revotron unit has narrow powerband & top end is weak. On the other hand Quadrajet is quite a rev happy motor & has linear power delivery but since the driver report of Manual Diesel is not available am not sure how well the turbo lag is controlled.
Hi Drake

We did have a couple of owner review on this forum.

Last edited:

Guys,
Wanted to know one thing. Has any one of you have been denied a PDI?? It did happen to me yesterday. My dealer said that the PDI is not possible as the vehicle goes to RTO directly from the stock yard.

We I have raised this issue with the TM . .. have a complaint raised against the TSM and the dealer. TSM had already promised me a PDI but it has not been arranged.

Your views on this issue please

Drake ji, seems like you haven't read my review of the Zest Manual Qjet yet.
Although its a review basd on a decently long enough test drive, I hope it helps you.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-news/16192-tata-zest-vs-honda-amaze-vs-maruti-dzire-vs-hyundai-xcent-vs-ford-figo-sedan-16.html Post #230.
There are lot more pics in the successive posts.

Guys,
Wanted to know one thing. Has any one of you have been denied a PDI?? It did happen to me yesterday. My dealer said that the PDI is not possible as the vehicle goes to RTO directly from the stock yard.

We I have raised this issue with the TM . .. have a complaint raised against the TSM and the dealer. TSM had already promised me a PDI but it has not been arranged.

Your views on this issue please
You can try to raise the issue through their customer care or mail to them at myzest@tatamotors.com. I hope you havent paid full amount for the car already.

In my test drive of the quadrajet, I didnt find the vehicle suffering from much turbo lag. Also decide based on the amount of driving you expect to do in the next few years. IMHO if the vehicle is going to be your second car at home, better to go with the petrol as initial investment is less.

Top Bottom