Tata Nano LX 2012 - It Rocks

Sell Car

Thread Starter #46
Dude do you calculate FE because those figures are mind blowing. Have you had any issues with Tata ASS?

Regards,
Sankar
Even i was surprised for that long trip which returned 29 KMPL. City: Mix of AC and Non AC driving. Summer started so mostly now AC switched on might have to check the FE again for this. i dont drive rash, Early release of accelerator, lesser use of brakes (not simply avoiding brakes slowing down before making a sudden stop), Starting early everywhere, i prefer early mornings late nights and mid noon for travelling, along with proper gear speed ratio. Peak hour is not my time for driving occationlly i ve used during peak hours.

Even i was surprised for that long trip which returned 29 KMPL. City: Mix of AC and Non AC driving. Summer started so mostly now AC switched on might have to check the FE again for this. i dont drive rash, Early release of accelerator, lesser use of brakes (not simply avoiding brakes slowing down before making a sudden stop), Starting early everywhere, i prefer early mornings late nights and mid noon for travelling, along with proper gear speed ratio. Peak hour is not my time for driving occationlly i ve used during peak hours.
But how do you calculate FE? Do use tankful method as it's the most accurate to find FE. Fuel your car to brim and then drive for 500km then refuel again and not the amount of fuel needed to fill the tank. This way you can calculate FE very accurately.

Regards,
Sankar

But how do you calculate FE? Do use tankful method as it's the most accurate to find FE. Fuel your car to brim and then drive for 500km then refuel again and not the amount of fuel needed to fill the tank. This way you can calculate FE very accurately.

Regards,
Sankar
I doubt Nano can give range of 500km even with tankful.

Thread Starter #50
For the long drive i went i calculated by emtying my tank before i started. Then i fueled 18 litre (9 litre and 9 Litre) for to and fro journey of aroud 520 KMs.

City drive i calcuated using tank full then drove for around 100 KMS. Then refilled around 4.8 litres to get the tank full again. But was done around 3 months back.

Havent checked again .Going for my second service this month.

For the long drive i went i calculated by emtying my tank before i started. Then i fueled 18 litre (9 litre and 9 Litre) for to and fro journey of aroud 520 KMs.

City drive i calcuated using tank full then drove for around 100 KMS. Then refilled around 4.8 litres to get the tank full again. But was done around 3 months back.

Havent checked again .Going for my second service this month.
Oh so calculated FE using tankful method and your car returned 25+ FE awesome[:)]. Let us know how the service experience goes at Tata dealership.

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #53
The service went very smooth, clean and crisp. Better reception, service and suggestion from the TASS guys. Got the car delivered to my home itself. The car was completely clean. Total cost of 1650 INR. Which included Change in AIR filter, Oils, coolant, and changed the AC vent as the it was broken :) Wheel alignment, wheel balancing done, AC vents completely cleaned. The car was almost good as new. The TASS guys courtesy have increased, now they listen to us, give all the details needed.

Thread Starter #54
Wow!! Trip to pondy - Arount 280 KMS to and Fro. Excellent drive. Roads are not too bad. Rough at some areas but still excellent trip. Mileage around ~24-26 with AC on all the time[clap]. Maintained in 70-80 most of the time.

Only pain area i see to other cars - 4th gear acceleration once we get back to 35 to 40 KMPH from 70-80 then to get the car back to 80 it takes so much time so overtaking was little tough. But 3rd gear will help if you push it to its limit. But did not want to spoil the mileage part by pushing pedal to the metal[;)].

Wow!! Trip to pondy - Arount 280 KMS to and Fro. Excellent drive. Roads are not too bad. Rough at some areas but still excellent trip. Mileage around ~24-26 with AC on all the time[clap]. Maintained in 70-80 most of the time.

Only pain area i see to other cars - 4th gear acceleration once we get back to 35 to 40 KMPH from 70-80 then to get the car back to 80 it takes so much time so overtaking was little tough. But 3rd gear will help if you push it to its limit. But did not want to spoil the mileage part by pushing pedal to the metal[;)].
Awesome mileage figures dude.[clap]. And good to hear you are satisfied with TASS service.

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #57
Highway drives are where you will miss the 5th gear in this car to cruise effortlessly.
But in a 624 CC heart we cant expect more than 80-90 kmph for a long period of time. But reaching that is the problem. Yes definitely missin the 5th gear. As there can be one between 3 and 4.

Top Bottom