Tata Nano LX 2012 - It Rocks

Intro
This is my first car ever. At what a great decision it has been. Awesome interiors. Cute Compact beauty. Overall My Mojito green Nano Rocks. Started using just now. Will update further with more pics. No Mods Done Yet.

Inspiration
I am new to driving cars. As everyone i also dreamed of having my own car. Every time a new car is launched had a dream of buying a car. But when Tata nano was lauched still was very much interested but was still in college studying. But After 3 years of wait when 2012 Tata nano was lauched fell in love with the Design, Cuteness, Everything in the car inspired me.

Everything is fine but i am a 6 ft 1 inch tall guy heavy built. Will i be able to fit in a Nano is a major question. Went to a tata showroom on March 2012 had a look at the car opened the door and was amazed to see the amount of space provided. Sat on the driver seat there was ample room for me to sit. I have never felt any hatch back car to be this spacious.

Buying
As soon i was impressed with the space i have made my mind to buy nano. There was a very little support to buy Nano. Infact No support to buy a nano every one was against my decision. Then i ve made myself clear and booked the Nano on March last week. Got it deliverd on 17th of April. The below pic was taken just before the delivery.

After buying every one in my family loved the car. Even my frieds were very much impressed with the car. Started having fun with my Cutie.

Driving
As i have mentioned i am new to driving cars. Still havent done much driving just started my driving. Will update as i get to travel more with my cutie.

Congratz mate.[:)]

Thread Starter #34
Car Coolant - How many KM we need to change coolant. Do we need to mix water with the coolant while refilling?
Glove box - Are the glove box available. Any one using it? IS it usefull?

Car Coolant - How many KM we need to change coolant.
It will be mentioned in your service booklet. Usually these are taken care by serivce center guys, but do read the intervals of changing the coolant.

Do we need to mix water with the coolant while refilling?
Coolant is enough IMO.

Glove box - Are the glove box available. Any one using it?
Glovebox might be available in with the service center people, (i think the special edition has it.

Our member Saishibu has got the glovebox done.

IS it usefull?
Its very much useful to keep your knick-knacks and keeps things from falling when you drive.

Car Coolant - How many KM we need to change coolant. Do we need to mix water with the coolant while refilling?
Glove box - Are the glove box available. Any one using it? IS it usefull?
hi,
just top up the coolent when it is almost near to min level. you need 1:1 mix ratio. glove box is available for 2100rs both sides and yes, im using it. i usually keep the RC book , insurance on the side which has lock . CDs and others on the other side [:)]

Thread Starter #37
Thanks Vishwas and Saishibu

hi,
just top up the coolent when it is almost near to min level. you need 1:1 mix ratio. glove box is available for 2100rs both sides and yes, im using it. i usually keep the RC book , insurance on the side which has lock . CDs and others on the other side [:)]
Air pressure of the tyres here in the chennai mostly in petrol bunks they keep 30 PSI for both front and Bck tyres. But the user manual says 26-28 in front and 28-30 at the back. Also it says 26 frnt and 28bck is for comfortable ride. How much air pressure you guys normally fill?

@Saishibu
Are you replacing the coolant are you go to TASS for this?
Can you share the photo of the Glove box. I saw couple of nanos with Black colored Box. Is the Glove box available in Beige. Mine is 2012 LX so Beige would suit. Black will make the interiors look little awkward.

Last edited:
Thanks Vishwas and Saishibu

Air pressure of the tyres here in the chennai mostly in petrol bunks they keep 30 PSI for both front and Bck tyres. But the user manual says 26-28 in front and 28-30 at the back. Also it says 26 frnt and 28bck is for comfortable ride. How much air pressure you guys normally fill?

@Saishibu
Are you replacing the coolant are you go to TASS for this?
Can you share the photo of the Glove box. I saw couple of nanos with Black colored Box. Is the Glove box available in Beige. Mine is 2012 LX so Beige would suit. Black will make the interiors look little awkward.
for coolent, i top-up'd myself.
glove box pic, just see my thread. it comes with black only. i have painted it to magenta, to match my interiors.

Thread Starter #39
After almost a year completed. I have installed Seat covers. Cost around 3700 including fitting charges. Will update pics soon.

BTW less than a month remain for 1 Year completion. [:D]

congrats @nano
how has your experience been with the car, performance, after sales etc. what other accessories have you installed? Please share your inputs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #42
Very little - Just 5500. Mostly i use for weekend drives that to small trips. Only once i went for a long drive.

Thread Starter #44
congrats @nano
how has your experience been with the car, performance, after sales etc. what other accessories have you installed? Please share your inputs.
I just love the whole package.

Car and Performance - Awesome.

Only con i might think of at normal speed if u hit a bump, we might feel bit more than other cars. The only reason the car is very light weight. But that is also one reason we are getting excellent mileage.[:D]

Cute car and nice color. Congrats on your new car. How are the FE figures till now?

Regards,
Sankar

FE till now - I am not a regular user of my car. I use only in weekends, I get around 20-23 in City. Wheni had the long trip to Kallakurichi i had almost got around 29 kmpl[:D].

FE till now - I am not a regular user of my car. I use only in weekends, I get around 20-23 in City. Wheni had the long trip to Kallakurichi i had almost got around 29 kmpl[:D].
Dude do you calculate FE because those figures are mind blowing. Have you had any issues with Tata ASS?

Regards,
Sankar

Top Bottom