Tata Nano Gets Its First Upgrade - The Nano 2012

I am about to give my nano for first servicing. I had not opted for the AMC when I purchased the car costing around 3k.

Is it advisable to go for AMC before I give my car for servicing??

^^Most definitely,go for AMC.Infact I also inquired about AMC,but the SA told me that it's available only for new cars(under warranty),otherwise I also would have gone for the same.So go for it with your eyes shut!

JAMMU&KASHMIR COULD BE THE FIRST INDIAN STATE TO GET THE TATA NANO IN TAXI FORM

the State Transport Department of J&K is said to be mulling over the idea of the Tata Nano replacing the autorickshaw in specific areas of Srinagar and Jammu, the summer and winter capital cities of the state of Jammu and Kashmir.

As of now, the State Transport Department has received applications from interested cab operators, seeking permission to run Nano as a replacement to the ubiquitous autorickshaw. The State Transport Department has taken this proposal a step further by asking private cab operators to submit detailed statements of their willingness to run such a service, along with the terms of service. Notably, the Nano if pressed into the urban transport sector of J&K, will charge the same fare as that of an autorickshaw, making it a very attractive proposition for the general public and tourists.

Jammu&Kashmir could be the first Indian state to get the Tata Nano in Taxi form | IndianCarsBikes.in

JAMMU&KASHMIR COULD BE THE FIRST INDIAN STATE TO GET THE TATA NANO IN TAXI FORM

the State Transport Department of J&K is said to be mulling over the idea of the Tata Nano replacing the autorickshaw in specific areas of Srinagar and Jammu, the summer and winter capital cities of the state of Jammu and Kashmir.

As of now, the State Transport Department has received applications from interested cab operators, seeking permission to run Nano as a replacement to the ubiquitous autorickshaw. The State Transport Department has taken this proposal a step further by asking private cab operators to submit detailed statements of their willingness to run such a service, along with the terms of service. Notably, the Nano if pressed into the urban transport sector of J&K, will charge the same fare as that of an autorickshaw, making it a very attractive proposition for the general public and tourists.

Jammu&Kashmir could be the first Indian state to get the Tata Nano in Taxi form | IndianCarsBikes.in
But I doubt it may harm the image of the car as a personal one..[confused]
At the same time hope it will increase the sales..[:)]

2 cylinder and petrol is better than a 1 cylinder diesel.[;)]
You might as well have seen the number of people stuffed [illegally though],which I hate,in those work horses ,”Appe” and they still pull them on every non existent roads especially in rural India. Can a nano do that ? I was just thinking practicality not just being technical.

Last edited:
Comparing to ape, nano will be a loss to the operators/owners.Ape have, more mileage, less expensive due to diesel, less maintenance. 2 of my friends who using Nano ( one Old & one New model) are suffering alignment issues on their nano.

Top Bottom