Tata Nano Gets Its First Upgrade - The Nano 2012

Thanks X over. i read about these some months before and i saw this on road only these days. I forgot the name. Checked website. Tata plans Iris as a replace for auto rickshaw.No fan, A/c facilities. Price not mentioned in the site.
In Jharkhand this vehicle has already created dhoom.You can spot this in every nook and corner here.

How i wish somone in TAI could get us a proper test drive and review of the Magic IRIS. Slowly seeing a couple -one bright yellow and privately owned!-wanted to ask the owner how the ride was but coudn't.

Tata Nano launches the 'Nano Student of the Year' Contest Tata Motors has launched the ‘Nano Student of the Year’ contest, for all college students in India, to mark its association with one of Bollywood’s biggest releases this year, ‘Student of the Year’, a romantic comedy, directed by Karan Johar. Tata Nano is the on-ground promotion partner for the movie.
The Nano Student of the Year will be awarded with a Rs. 3-lakh scholarship, the first runner-up will get a Tata Nano and the second runner-up will receive a Macbook Pro. All students, above 18 years, can register for the Nano Student of the Year contest on the website, TATA NANO :: Student of the year, to compete for the Nano Student of the Year title. Entries for registration have started today and will close on September 28, 2012.

In the first round, students will be judged on 4 parameters – Academics, Culture, Sports, Social life. The top 8 finalists will be declared on the website on October 2, 2012. The top 8 finalists will compete for the ‘Nano Student of the Year’ title and will perform 6 tasks. Viewers & Tata Nano fans can vote for their favourite student on the website.

A star-studded finale will be held with the young and vigorous movie star cast, Varun Dhawan, Siddharth Malhotra and Alia Bhatt, who will be judging all the 8 participants. Points given by them will be added to the viewer’s votes. The student with the highest number of votes will be bestowed with the title.

The snap is from Thrissur.
I cant see any picture.in cochin, i saw some individual(poor Taxi drivers owned, may be earlier auto rickshaw owners )owned nanos near our village.Also found an orange coloured(company paint) Nano taxi in the city, charge where written as RS.50 minimum on the cab.

Tata Nano Among Best Selling Cars In 2012

Now with a more powerful 800cc, 3-cylinder petrol engine as well as a diesel engine in the pipeline, the Nano, will be in contention for more buyers. The Nano will become the cheapest diesel passenger car available in the country (and even the world) resulting in a definite advantage. In today’s congested traffic conditions, high fuel prices and lack of space in big cities, the Nano makes a compelling case for itself.
Tata Nano Among Best Selling Cars In 2012 | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

A bigger Nano likely to be Cyrus Mistry’s revival plan

A bigger Nano likely to be Cyrus Mistry’s revival plan

The big plan being worked out at Tata Motors is to give the Nano a bigger heart with a 1-litre engine to take its rival 796cc Maruti Alto head on.

As per the Hindustan Times report, Tata Motors also has plans to roll out a sedan version.

Citing sources, the newspaper said, Tata had been working on a 966cc version to replace the Nano’s 624cc engine. The report further said that Tata Motors also plans to roll out a version of the car with a boot.
source:A bigger Nano likely to be Cyrus Mistry

Top Bottom