Tata Motors After Sales Service vs Maruti Suzuki After Sales Service

Just wanted to add that with my car, it took less than a year for me to give up on MASS.

In the free service they wouldn't do anything, just wash the outside and make the inside dirtier, they never even inspected the spark plugs or air filter for dirt!

In the paid services they would suddenly have a hundred tasks to do, all of which would be chargeable, even if the car had barely been used since the last service!

[frustration]

@op, great thread, I would rate it 5 star.
The A.S.S of TATA seems to be improving now. All credits goes to Karl Slym.
Sadly, he is no more. I am afraid, TASSES might suffer again due to his absence.
While appreciating the effort comparing the overall quality of service provided at the respective TASS and MASS that you experienced so far, making any genaralisations on the same is better avoided.

BTW, this thread is better suited here, Dealership Reviews
Better to Edit the title to 'MASS vs TASS experiences by TAI gers' .
So at the end of the thread, we can make a generalised statement.

2 years ago, TASS was nothing but a gang of bluff masters as per my experience. However now they are improving. But still long way to go for them.
Most of the past reputation of the MASS was based on experience of their customers. And most of them were petrol cars including gypsy. (sales of zen D & esteem - D was negligible, hence could not be contributors to the reputation). Not only petrol cars requires less ASS but also their yearly running is less. Important criteria while purchasing the petrol car is monthly running less than 1000 km, hence lesser visits to ASS.

On the contrary, Most of the TATA cars were diesel cars,TASS past reputation was based on non CRDI cars, which were known for lot of maintance work and to add further their running use to be in the range of 1500 to 4000 km month.

We owned two wagon R s(BS2, BS 3) In the BS 2 era MASS was better than TASS.But now I can say TASS & MASS both are equal. Recently I found MASS people also bluffing(Telling that a problem is solved when they haven't checked it at all, Also they tried to take signature on the blank feedback forms., Not delivering cars on time,) .

Well, in my case, there have been no such odd and unnecessary costing experiences regarding my Ertiga and Ambal Auto. Though it is true that some dealers are fooling the innocent people.

Did my Manza OJT 4th Service (21K) over last weekend. What all were done ?

- Oil Change - Full Synthetic Oil - ExxonMobil 0W40
- Oil Filter Change
- Air Filter Change
- Fuel(Diesel) Filter Change
- Oil/Lubricants Top up (FOC)
- Cleaning/Polishing(using 3M material) - (FOC)
- Engine Guard replacement - (FOC) (as it was bent)

And bill ? Rs 6500/- only.

@anshuman, provide breakup of the cost incurred. Why full synthetic?
BTW, Recently got AC of my wagon R vxi serviced. Cost - 3200 INR.

How much Tatas change? Any Idea?

Full Synthetic , because wanted to pamper my car - [:)]

Here you go -

Oil - 3800/-
Oil Filter - 400/-
Fuel Filter - 2080/-
Air Filter - 300/-
All other work - FOC

Total - 6580/- (Incl Taxes).

No idea about AC service

Last edited:
@It is really cheap.
Someone, please post cost of above mentioned consumables at MASS for dezire & sx 4.
Hehe,[clap] I also would be interested to know. Note this was my 4th Service/20K(final free service)

IMO no MASS will do anything FOC, they even charge for a nut and bolt

[lol]@anshuman, I have posted a pic of the bill (on my ownership thread) wherein TASS have charged Rs 5 for 'feviquick' and simultaneously they have charged Rs zero for washing and vacuuming the car

Last edited:
May be its a bought out item , hence they charge. But they give discounts on services (labour charge) which MASS never does.

Hi Storme911 I was looking at your maruti bill and was amazed to see that wheel alignment + balancing charges are 1600 in that bill can you ask them what exactly they have done

Full Synthetic , because wanted to pamper my car - [:)]

Here you go -

Oil - 3800/-
Oil Filter - 400/-
Fuel Filter - 2080/-
Air Filter - 300/-
All other work - FOC

Total - 6580/- (Incl Taxes).

No idea about AC service
That's approximately the same bill we get on every service. Only advantage is we get 10 % discount on full bill.

@Harry,10, are you talking of manza?
In my experience, they don't change fuel filter at every servicing.
Also, they are using semisynthetic oil which is cheaper than the synthetic tic used in anshuman 's manza.

Top Bottom