Tata Motors After Sales Service vs Maruti Suzuki After Sales Service

Seems Tata has buckled up for Bolt and Zest launches and taking service seriously. Today they arranged a free check up camp at Bangalore
Yes indeed, I have had experience with TASS And MASS ( We have Wagon R too). But with TASS, I am saved of the time and energy spent in taking the car to Service center. The Pick and service drop is very efficient. With MASS in my last 5 years, there have been no pick and drop being offered to me. May they have it may bethey dont, but I had to take the vehicle to them.

I tend to rate TASS Above MASS.

The load of vehicles for mass is just too much, but these guys manage it very well.Due to this overload the service is a little ill managed. They are very helpful if approach them is polite and logical manner. Charges have gone up in MASS. Good thing is that you find MASS everwhere even in small villages in the country.

Hi All

Any TASS experiences in Pune/PCMC ? Please share. Thanks
I had good experience with Concorde motors Baner. All the points mentioned were resolved satisfactorily. They didn't give any excuses for the issues. The service advisor (Abhijeet Jamdar) was very helpful too. Wiper water sprayer was also replaced under warranty. I have visited TASS 3 times in the last 4 months (first free service (Bill amount: 0), wiper water spray not working (Bill amount: 0), Free service camp) and everytime they washed the vehicle along with resolving the issues. And yes, they gave the car back before time in all the visits. [clap]

Hey Good to read about TASS. This what i was actualy looking for.
I am planning to buy TATA TIAGO. This will be my first car from TATA. Only thing which is stopping me is its after sales service. But looking at this forum it seems am not making a wrong choice.

Any word on its engine peromance and service cost as compared to hundayi.

@Scahin

I have been using Storme since last 3 years, usually i visit Concorde mathura road for services and i am quiet satisfied with their services. I also visited Dhingra motorsin gurgaon (this is closed now) and they were also good. Day by day TASS has been improving, it's better if not the best.

This is quite an old thread and my post here comes almost after 3 years of this thread being active. I have cars from both the stables i.e. Maruti Alto and a Tata Tigor, both purchased in a time gap of 6 months. Here are a few observations in the quality of servicing from both. The service experiences were primarily for the past 2.5 years in Navi Mumbai & Mumbai(Kurla).
Another important point is that i always read the service manual and the maintenance/part-changes required for the specific kilometers running, before going for service.

Maruti Authorised Service Centers-
Negatives;
  • The service advisers have lately started ripping of consumers i took my alto k10 for an intermediate service at 35000 km the service costed me 10000 rupees that too no oil change, but after raising the issue with Maruti they refunded me 8500 rupees and it was prompt without any question.
  • Maruti service used to be spot on everytime earlier but now as they are having more customers and load i see a fall in service quality, for example once i had a steering centering issue which took me 3 visits to the service center.
  • Over years maruti servicing has not remained vfm and cost efective.
Positives;
  • Availability of vast network.
  • Grevience addressal system is prompt and effective.
  • Adhere to timeframe.
  • Availability of spareparts and skilled mechanics.

Tata Authorised Service Centers-
Negatives;
  • Service centeres sparcely located.
  • In tier 2 &3 cities quality and speed of service cannot be guaranteed.
  • Availability of spares takes a few days if not weeks.

Positives;
  • Servicing quality has incresed a lot(we had an indica and experience of TASS during 2010).
  • No overcharging and unneccessary escalation of bills.
  • Value products like Promise to Protect bring down maintenance cost.
  • Feedback are taken seriously.
  • Service centers are very organised now compared to earlier times.
  • Replacement of spares in warranty period are honoured without any hassles changed entire steering rack and assembly for zero rupees.
  • Couple of days ago they stared a campaign where a mechanic and service advisor have started visiting all vehcles at doorstep for general checkup(gave free goodies too[:D]).
  • Overall vfm service.

To just summarise, the service cost a 4 lakh rupees petrol hatch from Maruti is costing almost equal to and sometimes even more than a 7 lakh rupees diesel compact sedan from Tata. This comparison is made for cars purchased in same years and similar kilometer reading on the odo.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Lately, Maruti started pumping in more value added services like additives and flushes like Hyundai and SAs are pushing them more for incentives.

My experience with service centers are limited since I don't go there after free services.

Maruti was mixed response. Multiple visits for same complaints and improper troubleshooting. Gearbox issue with brand new car. Visited again and again and again. After shooting a mail, they came home, picked up the car, rectified and brought it back. Then a dead battery, which they never found the issue with. 2-3 times had to call RSA to jump start. They even said fault with aftermarket headunit and installed switch for HU. Finally checked battery on dad's advice. 7-8 visits to SVC for that.

Only once visited Tata. It was the early 2000s and they-were-**** era. The moron took the car to parking with a heavy wheelspin. Issue was check engine light. They kept the car for a week swapping parts with a new car, but no solution and to our surprise, they flew down engineer from Pune and got it fixed.

Later cousin was SA at Tata dealer and saw him calling customers for feedback in the evenings and never seen anyone yelling at him.

Maruti was notorious for stealing our stuffs and breaking things, mostly by the guys moving car from service and wash. @vishnuvichu lost his spare wheel (similar happened at Toyota as well). Usually door lock levers, boot/fuel lid release are the common things damaged by them. I even lost a pack of GEMS :p

Top Bottom