Tata Indica Vista: Technical Issues & Solutions

Different issue with my TATA Vitsa Speedometer!

Hi All,
I need your valuable suggestion on this!

I own a TATA Vista TDI 2013 Model, recently I am facing a different issue with my Speedometer. The Speedometer just runs only for the first 90 or MAX 95 KMS irrespective of the distance you travel, I am really confused what is going wrong with it, contacted the local service centers they are also not familiar with this type of issue and I don't want to mess up opening the meter console with out what's exactly wrong, I am thinking that the sensor has gone bad? or any faulty cable in speedometer, I didn't contact the TASS as they eat up my weekend time.

Please do post any small suggestions without hesitations!!
Something is better than nothing!

Thanks!
SaiRam

Re: Different issue with my TATA Vitsa Speedometer!

Hi All,
I need your valuable suggestion on this!

I own a TATA Vista TDI 2013 Model, recently I am facing a different issue with my Speedometer. The Speedometer just runs only for the first 90 or MAX 95 KMS irrespective of the distance you travel, I am really confused what is going wrong with it, contacted the local service centers they are also not familiar with this type of issue and I don't want to mess up opening the meter console with out what's exactly wrong, I am thinking that the sensor has gone bad? or any faulty cable in speedometer, I didn't contact the TASS as they eat up my weekend time.

Please do post any small suggestions without hesitations!!
Something is better than nothing!

Thanks!
SaiRam
Dear SaiRam, there might be error in the speedometer worm and I usually see these in Indicas,Please do get it serviced at TASS itself to prevent any further complications.

strange noise from vista at low speed

from past few days facing a strange problem in vista (tdi engine not quaterjet)when car in 1st gear and at speed of 10-15 the sound comes gheeer gheeer gheeer gheer like a faulty bearing which goes worst in stop and go traffic and goes down with increasing speed.when i take the car to FNG they said that is normal which i don't think so.gear box oil is just changed before 500km but the noise is slightly reduced after gear oil changed [confused]
can faulty clutch bearing make that noise ?

Last edited:
Re: Tata Indica Vista VX 2011 - Ownership Issues

last day notice a sound like kad kad kad kad when the car was ideal.sound was completely gone when i press clutch.sound easily noticeable both in side and out side of car

List of issues my car has:

1) Left air-vent went kaput, reason my nephew fiddled with it.
2) Both the charging ports aren't working.
3) Car cruises on 80kmph, but the rpm is still at 2.5k rpm = less mileage
4) Clutch has become hard; 3rd & 5th gear slots in roughly.
5) Reverse lights aren't working.
6) Front brakes makes noise when pressed.
7) Wiper Nozzle at the front left side has went kaput.

Along with these I must change the engine oil to synthetic one, can anybody share the estimate as per your experience with TASS?

update
my car is currently at mobil1 workshop for bearing change .they open gear box and find 3 bearing are faulty.they quoted 4k for all work included labour.thanks to the previews owner for not changing gear box fluid as per owners Manual [anger]

Clutch of Indica Vista Quadrajet

My TATA VISTA Quadrajet is Jan 2014 model. I stay in Pune city. I am using the car regularly. My drive is in city but not in core city, and on highways also. Till date I have covered 59400 km. From about 40000 km the clutch is hard to push and gear shifting is not smooth.

I was told by TATA Customer manager that the clutch plate is worn out and needs replacement. There is no provision for adjusting the clutch for easy gear shifting.

I need expert's opinion.

My question is that really the car is not having any adjustment for clutch? Is it normal to change clutch plate for its hard operations instead of wearing of friction material. Does the normal life of clutch is 40000 km. Or is it faulty / low cost design TATAS. Or this is stray case of clutch failure.

According to me, clutch plate replacement is primarily for worn out friction material. It depend on driving condition, habits of driver. Since my clutch plate is not worn out, the driving conditions and my driving habits can n ot be blamed for failure. I owned Idiaca DLX before this car and enjoyed it for 10 year and covered 145000 km. For that car clutch replaced at 100000 km.

Re: Clutch of Indica Vista Quadrajet

My TATA VISTA Quadrajet is Jan 2014 model. I stay in Pune city. I am using the car regularly. My drive is in city but not in core city, and on highways also. Till date I have covered 59400 km. From about 40000 km the clutch is hard to push and gear shifting is not smooth.

I was told by TATA Customer manager that the clutch plate is worn out and needs replacement. There is no provision for adjusting the clutch for easy gear shifting.

I need expert's opinion.

My question is that really the car is not having any adjustment for clutch? Is it normal to change clutch plate for its hard operations instead of wearing of friction material. Does the normal life of clutch is 40000 km. Or is it faulty / low cost design TATAS. Or this is stray case of clutch failure.

According to me, clutch plate replacement is primarily for worn out friction material. It depend on driving condition, habits of driver. Since my clutch plate is not worn out, the driving conditions and my driving habits can n ot be blamed for failure. I owned Idiaca DLX before this car and enjoyed it for 10 year and covered 145000 km. For that car clutch replaced at 100000 km.
Better replace the clutch plate. My clutch kit went kaput around 74K and I had to spend close to 20K to replace the entire kit!

clutch became hard for me around 75K kms and changed at 1L kms. there is a test to check the status of clutch.

Engage handbrake, and move the car in 3rd gear. If the car is still tries to move forward, then you can run with the clutch. instead of moving, if the car is halts, then you needs to change the clutch immediately to avoid unexpected clutch failure.

please find the bill copy here : http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...class-1-10-000-kms-4-years-69.html#post490343

clutch replacement alone costed around 8,000 bucks. please find more details in the attached link.

I need expert's opinion.

Most of the taxi drivers also complain that the only major problem with vista is clutch disc replacement at 40,000 to 50,000km ,otherwise the car has very little maintenance.

Most of the taxi drivers also complain that the only major problem with vista is clutch disc replacement at 40,000 to 50,000km ,otherwise the car has very little maintenance.
are you sure buddy?

I replaced the clutch at 1,00,000kms and dad friend's Vista clutch had replaced at 90k kms. I feel, it all depends on the way we drive the car.

are you sure buddy?

I replaced the clutch at 1,00,000kms and dad friend's Vista clutch had replaced at 90k kms. I feel, it all depends on the way we drive the car.
Obviously kerala most of the taxi s ply on busy congested roads adding to the wear and tear of clutch,Tamil nadu has better wide roads and byepasses.

Removing broken stud from tappet cover

Guys,
I own a Indica Vista Quadrajet ABS model. The engine cover mounting studs on the tappet cover is broken and is stuck up in the hole. The stud could be broken due to improper workmanship or could be fatigue failure due to engine vibrations. As a result the engine cover vibrates whenever the car passes on any undulations on the road, jerks in the engine etc.
I just wanted to know any possible methods to remove the broken stud bolt. Though there are lots of internet material available on the same.
I am trying to visit Auto shops with lathe turning expertise in and around Vashi area. One mechanic has turned up and is ready to remove for sum of Rs 500/-.
Secondly is it safe the remove the stud by welding or tapping method is the only choice available.

Top Bottom