Tata Harrier (H5X): All-New SUV From Tata Motors

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@350Z @bhvm @J.Ravi @kasscon @vikyjoshi @Nairrk @mayankdixit & my dear TAIgers

The Harrier has arrived at Dealer as per my SA. Confirmed with GM Sir too. So, will be checking it out for PDI on next Monday and would do formalities on next Tuesday. Delivery would be next weekend most likely (depending on the registration formalities).

Stay Blessed & Stay Safe!

Regards
Reporter Saab

I am quite sure too of it bro. Seeing the way the Harrier holds up in crashes, if its tested at NCAP, it will be atleast a 4 star for sure. If its 5 then again a success story will be written.
Akash
Let me play devils advocate.

I think those rumors about Harriers internal safety score being less than 4 are just that. Rumor.

The oil filter entering the occupant chamber through firewall, I cant digest that. The subframe is designed to collapse in a crash. Not travel backwards horizontally. The oil filter itself is not as hard as the engine block. If oil filter can breach the firewall, why wont the engine as a whole?

My theory, GNCAP picks models from the market for their tests unless the manufacturers voluntarily send them their cars. Its easy for TATA to send Tiago, Nexon, Altroz, may be even HBX. But the Harrier twins are expensive products. Both for TATA to send it free of cost and GNCAP to buy it off the market. GNCAP may buy Harrier twins (XE model) from the market and test it in future, never know.
TATA though it makes sense commercially (may be TATA thought the platform already scored 5 Euro NCAP stars) to have a score (latest) went ahead without.. TATA lost the bragging right on safety.

I think it'll score a five.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@navnit013 I too am sure it will score well in GNCAP. Safari & Harrier definitely should also be tested so that more and more buyers happily check them out and opt for them. Good safety ratings are big boost to brand's image as well as that of the car. In my case, so far Nexon held up nicely except for 1 clutch cylinder fail in 2019 May and some minute rust spots. So, going for Tigor & now Harrier isn't an issue. So far, haven't even driven Tigor[drive][:D] Lets see with Harrier how much time I get to drive.

Regards
Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
My dear buddies & My dear @350Z [:D] (phone to utha liya karo)

Reporter Saab ki Kaali Harrier
20210517_120823.jpg
20210517_120359.jpg
20210517_120404.jpg
20210517_120449.jpg
20210517_120439.jpg
20210517_120510.jpg
20210517_120533.jpg
20210517_120543.jpg
20210517_120521.jpg
20210517_120817.jpg

Observations

Battery Down @ Stockyard. Took a good 30 minutes to restart it. Have informed the GM on this issue.
Tyre(s) of Apollo instead of Bridgestone
ODO 21 Kms (Highest so far in any of my TML car purchase)
Asked the sales manager "isme sunroof hei" he confirmed yes!!
Forward slotting reverse gear just like my old Optra had.
Cranking sound not as smooth as Nexon or Tigor. The girl there told me that the sound would go off after 1st service. It is there in every bs6 TML car. I believed her. I believe girls easily.
Unusual Handbrake design but manageable.

Next Step
Payment excluding Insurance to be done.
Insurance payment to be done post negotiating with the dealer.
Need insurance quotes from policy bazaar etc. Need your help on this
Please post some quotes so I can negotiate.
Delivery next week.

Accessories
Body Cover
Anything else?? (Please specify)

Thanks a lot for the wishes and support my TAIgers. With God's blessings & your unparalleled support finally Trilogy is set to complete. But on 2nd thoughts...How about...[glasses]

Regards
Reporter Saab

Akash1886

Honoured Member
PDI Day-2

Today completed the payment formalities for the car except the insurance. The online insurance portal without Zero Dep & Non Cashless is around 38K where as dealer is charging 73K. Have spoken to the senior management of dealership and have been assured for the best policy price.[:D]

Now today when I called the car for my dad to check it, an interesting thing I saw i.e Harrier now doesn't have the conventional Drive mode selector. It gets integrated buttons on center console to choose the drive mode. Nexon like Drive mode selector seems deleted in 2021 models.

20210518_113303.jpg
20210518_103809.jpg
20210518_103815.jpg
20210518_113513.jpg
20210518_113519.jpg
20210518_114430.jpg
20210518_114524.jpg

Regards
Akash

Congrats buddy on your Black beauty. Black beast. or Black diamond what ever you want to call. ;)

Observations

Battery Down @ Stockyard. Took a good 30 minutes to restart it. Have informed the GM on this issue.
Tyre(s) of Apollo instead of Bridgestone
ODO 21 Kms (Highest so far in any of my TML car purchase)
Asked the sales manager "isme sunroof hei" he confirmed yes!!
Forward slotting reverse gear just like my old Optra had.
Cranking sound not as smooth as Nexon or Tigor. The girl there told me that the sound would go off after 1st service. It is there in every bs6 TML car. I believed her. I believe girls easily.
Unusual Handbrake design but manageable.
Since its a pano sunroof, try throwing a bucket full of water and see if there is any water leakage inside the car.. Check DEF level. also did not see where the DEF level indicator is here. In top end, they had introduced that at the base of the screen.

Next Step
Payment excluding Insurance to be done.
Insurance payment to be done post negotiating with the dealer.
Need insurance quotes from policy bazaar etc. Need your help on this
Please post some quotes so I can negotiate.
Delivery next week.
Insurance, like you said, PB or your insurer could be good option. Ensure you get full bumper to bumper insurance, cashless .

Accessories
Body Cover
Anything else?? (Please specify)
Body cover would not suggest instead get PPF done on say bumpers, Door edges, wing mirrors and may be the bonnet to prevent scratches by miscreants and accidental in most likely areas.
I believe you have reverse sensors else get that.
Front sensors could be good addition incase you are heavy traffic dirver and parking in tight spots.Need to have capability of enable and disable alarm option though.

Harrier now doesn't have the conventional Drive mode selector. It gets integrated buttons on center console to choose the drive mode. Nexon like Drive mode selector seems deleted in 2021 models.
Even in 2020 BS6 model, it was like that because Nexon-like rotary knob houses terrain mode in the higher variants. In my son's XZ+ Harrier [2020 Dec BS6], the drive mode is on the central console and the terrain mode on the rotary knob near the gear lever.
Check DEF level. also did not see where the DEF level indicator is here.
DEF indicator is below the DTE [range] in this image. Yes, DEF is just above half-mark. Even we experienced this during PDI, escalated the matter and got it full at the time of delivery. The details are here.
20210517_120359-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
My dear buddies & My dear @350Z (phone to utha liya karo)
Reporter Saab ki Kaali Harrier
Heartiest congrats on another acquisition. Harrier Dark Edition looks majestic. This is one of the cars in your garage that I’m excited about. I'm closely following the updates. Those images are a delight to our eyes. Keep ‘em coming. [thumbsup]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Congrats buddy on your Black beauty. Black beast. or Blackdiamoind what ever you want to call. ;)
I prefer to call it Black Dragon[glasses]

Insurance, like you said, PB or your insurer could be good option. Ensure you get full bumper to bumper insurance, cashless .
Insurance will be Cashless surely but without Zero Dep. Will inform final value likely by tomorrow.

Body cover would not suggest instead get PPF done on say bumpers, Door edges, wing mirrors and may be the bonnet to prevent scratches by miscreates and accidental in most likely areas.
What would be 3M's average cost for Hood & Door Edges? Will go for bumper protectors too.

I believe you have reverse sensons else get that.
Front sensors could be good addition incase you are heavy traffic dirver and parking in tight spots.Need to have capability of enable and disable alarm option though.
I wont be driving it much. Will be chauffeur driven mostly. Rear parking sensors are there which I believe is sufficient.

Heartiest congrats on another acquisition. Harrier Dark Edition looks majestic. This is one of the cars in your garage that I’m excited about. I'm closely following the updates. Those images are a delight to our eyes. Keep ‘em coming. [thumbsup]
Thanks bro. Glad you like it. I personally loved the pure-Black shade. Sorry could not add the Tigor in the pics as that's not with me at home presently else it would be a teaser of trilogy! Rest assured, the Harrier Review will be my kind of review or perhaps you get well and situations in NCR improves and I am settled at new place, we'll do a official review with Dark Edition. Something that you all will enjoy. It will have some life lessons from my end and details of the car with of-course the Black TAI sticker. I could figure out your excitement while speaking to you yesterday[cheers]

Btw, I operated the sunroof today. That's a damn big sunroof there in it. I plan to use a light sunfilm on the glasses as most of the time the roof cover for sunroof will be open and in summers this can cause a lot of heat in the cabin and AC might just not be as effective. The BS6 engine has a peculiar sort of irritating cranking sound when you start the car which is a slight concern for me. It is going to go post 1st service as I am told. Secondly, the clutch travel range is longer than Tigor for cranking the car from push button.

Having said this, presently due to lockdown, the registration is a big challenge. Have to figure out a way to get it done and wish the lockdown here ends on 24th morning as post insurance within 5-7 days the car has to be registered. I plan to close the insurance stuff by Friday or Monday.

Regards
Akash

What would be 3M's average cost for Hood & Door Edges? Will go for bumper protectors too.
When i had enquired last for Storme, that was couple of years ago, they(3M) had quoted me around 30K for Bumpers, bonnet wing mirrors and door edges.
Wrapping the entire storme was quoted around 80K (definitely was not doing this expensive treatment)
But PPF was still expensive for me. dropped the idea, but got it done for my parents Liva. Costed around 18K back then. But it was really useful and saved a lot when the bumper was scratched multiple times.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Congratulations, Reporter Saab
Thanks for the blessings Sir. I hope @gearhead2 soon visits this thread as well.

Congrats!! Black certainly brings out the character. Wish you many happy miles with the black beauty.
Dhanyawad, Babu Banarsi [:D]

When i had enquired last for Storme, that was couple of years ago, they(3M) had quoted me around 30K for Bumpers, bonnet wing mirrors and door edges. Wrapping the entire storme was quoted around 80K (definitely was not doing this expensive treatment)
But PPF was still expensive for me. dropped the idea, but got it done for my parents Liva. Costed around 18K back then. But it was really useful and saved a lot when the bumper was scratched multiple times.
Then as per your estimate, I should be looking at something close to approx 60-65K + GST for Harrier now. Do you really think it would be helpful considering the traffic?

Regards
Akash

[:D]

Then as per your estimate, I should be looking at something close to approx 60-65K + GST for Harrier now. Do you really think it would be helpful considering the traffic?
Well if you want to wrap your car completely then yeah would be around that price. however, the most vulnerable areas are bumbers (front and rear) wing mirrors and door edges. Bonnet is done since swirl marks are easily visible.

For these areas estimate should be much lower.

3M are expensive buy generally do a good job where ever they are in India. So would suggest 3M. there are many much cheaper local options but need to be wary about the quality.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Well if you want to wrap your car completely then yeah would be around that price. however, the most vulnerable areas are bumbers (front and rear) wing mirrors and door edges. Bonnet is done since swirl marks are easily visible.
A Black color car definitely needs lot of protection and care compared to other colors. You are correct, the hood is the most vulnerable panel for scratches. Will surely consider the suggestion on this.

For these areas estimate should be much lower.
Thanks.

3M are expensive buy generally do a good job where ever they are in India. So would suggest 3M. there are many much cheaper local options but need to be wary about the quality.
My classmate from school owns a 3M outlet here in Noida. Will ask him to give me discount. Dost ke liye itna toh karega he[lol][cheers] I am sure he'll take utmost care and will do a nice job.

Achcha, for the Tigor approx how much will be the cost for the Hood & ORVM? It is Silver color.

Regards
Akash

Top Bottom