Tata Bolt Review and Test Drive

^^This happens in Polo too and it frequently happens after you are back from a heavy footed drive.
BTW this is something that is really good especially when on long drives involving half hour breaks after long and heavy footed stretches.

hello all, am back with 700 Kms run report [:)]

Well I still haven't got chance to take my car on long drives and all this 700 Kms has been total city drive (with 30% AC due to rains), yes on the mileage it has been 12kms and someone asked does the display show 1kms less than the actual mileage - indeed yes cause when I add up the Kms remaining + Kms run it actually sums to 13kms mileage

well I ditched driving in Eco mode after 450 Kms - I now ride in city mode and its great ! I hardly find difference in mileage though between Eco and city for city ride. May be the heavy foot in Eco mode specially with heavy traffic to get more respone from engine takes more petrol than the normal city mode [:D] well that's my observation so could be wrong with it

And sports mode - boy ! I have been using as nitro booast just to overtake when someone is just that slow on the right lane and is nagging sometime [lol]

A Bolt Revotron given 17.2 kmpl average from 4000+ KM. Actually they did a trip to Bangalore to Ladakh/Leh. Seems Bolt Revotron gives good mileage. I have even seen BOLT RT given 20 kmpl avg from 120KM trip.

Hi All,
My Bolt is just 6 month old XM variant.
Want to do some crome work on Fog lamp and door lock lever as shown in below from XT variant. How it cost approx if I done this from outside shop. Suggest any DIY if any.

Attachments

So got my 1st car serviced today in Aadya motors bengaluru to be honest my service experience was better than sales [:)]

Before this service had done a Bengaluru <-> Goa long drive to put some miles before the 1st service. Got millage was 15.2 kms on ECO mode with 100% AC and driving speed varied from 60-110 kms/hour . I wasn't happy though with millage as in City with ECO mode I got 13+ kms.

While in Goa near Anjuna with small and narrow roads ended up with my front wheel getting stuck in some open rain water drain [frustration]. I must say thanks to the gang from Belguam (there was absolutely no one expect for the these folks) who helped me to take the car out.

Thankfully nothing happened and the false guard below the bonnet had got damaged, which i got replaced in today's service costed me 596 INR. I also spoke to them about millage - SA told me that the vehicle was tuned and I can keep a eye on the millage now [;)]

Enjoyed the drive though to and fro Goa, but yes there is blind spots created on the driver right side beam, specially with ultra narrow roads in Goa - had to be extra cautious while driving.

And special mention I did 11 hours drive (with three pit-stops total of 30 mins max) while coming from Goa to Bengaluru must say wasn't feeling the fatigue due to seating or driving.

Last edited:
Hi All,
My Bolt is just 6 month old XM variant.
Want to do some crome work on Fog lamp and door lock lever as shown in below from XT variant. How it cost approx if I done this from outside shop. Suggest any DIY if any.
Nilesh the problem is due to low sale number there is hardly any accessories available for Bolt. Best is to buy or order the units from authorized service centers and get them fitted. But not sure are these parts available even in service centers

Thanks Abhi for your suggestion.
Last weekend done a short round trip from Pune to Murud - Janjira with 4 on board.(there I came to know its jajira not janjira [:)]) . 70% road was containing ghat sections and U turns. I drove in ECO mode with AC ON just for 20 Minute allover the journey. Feel underpowered while overtaking the vehicles and during inclination but I want to test car mileage in ECO mode and got 15.1 figure [:)]. I think this is good figure and will increase during highway drives.

Attachments

can somebody please tell me the tyre and alloy specs on the bolt since my 2011 vista has 175/65 R14 which i wanna replace them. Should i consider the tyre specs on Zest and bolt?

Yesterday travelling on NH4 highway, saw one BOLT [:)] but its looks damaged [sad]. Feeling sad as its a very new car. My wify took picture from mobile so it is not clear.

Attachments

Top Bottom