Story of Dream, Desire & Obsession - The All New Honda City

Thread Starter #16
Re: A story of dream, desire & obsession - The All New Honda City

@ anmol_1990: Thank you dear fellow ANHC mate! Red is also a fantabulous color which requires a lot of care and maintainance, which i may not be able to provide all times. So, opted for a color that will suit my lifestyle.
Also, thank you for clearing the air for other folks! A "Rookie" took your advice and edited the snaps. Check it out.

@ safire90: Thank you. I am not planning for any mods right now. I will be first going for a 3M sunfilm for the windows & seat cover. For the rear windscreen, i am planning to go for a sticky screen (The ones that u get in market) to avoid any damage for the defogger (I heard it in few reviews here). I think the current wheel cap looks like an alloy! I may prefer changing it to an alloy at a later point of time. Vit "M" is too low at present [cry]. Also, as anmol_1990 said, the backup sensor is the reverse sensor and it works great.

@ mukeshus: Thanks! Yes, you spotted it right. It works in the front and rear (Even on drive). It beeps if any obstacle in your course which is close. In city traffic, it may annoy you by the beeps when a 2 wheeler overtakes you very close. There is a display in the windscreen mirror.

Few more pics. The story about the drive is still being composed.[;)]

Cheers,
- N

Attachments

Great pictures truecitylover! Your car is looking great in this color! How much did you pay for those IND plates?

Waiting for your complete review of the car.

I think it costs 5000 INR here in Bangalore for cars.
And for bikes within 1500-2000/-.
There are certain standard size these boards are made.
No tampering with these boards.
If one tries such things the board gets broken.

@ truecitylover: How much did those front sensor costed.
Was it the aftermarket one's?.
Because in hawk there is provision for the front but the company doesn't knows to fit it, only the rear one's have been provided by company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #19

@cooldhaya: Thanks once again! It's my mom's selection dude. This color was available in the top end - V-MT. Its just released for S-MT.
The IND number plate costed Rs. 1200 in Coimbatore, which the dealer ordered for us.
Sorry for the delay in posting the complete review. You can expect it in this week.

@mukeshus: Thats too costly bro [shock]. I got it fitted for Rs. 1200. Just enquire so that we can advise our fellow TAI mates. I heard about that warning too (No tampering). Yes, it's a standard size (Govt norms - which no longer implies).

The sensor costs about 6K including fitting charges. Mine is a one which is fitted by the company. It's Xenos.
Xenos
"Because in hawk there is provision for the front but the company doesn't knows to fit it, only the rear one's have been provided by company."
If they don't know, call: 0422 - 3239899, 0422 - 4506689 / Toll Free:- 1800-2008-222 and enquire about it.
Lets get your hawk loaded with the sensor and let you have soom beep inside your drive![;)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #20
Ownership review continued - ODO reading: 1100+

Ok folks. The wait is over. Here i am with the detailed ownership review of my ANHC.
Current status: ODO reading - 1100+; First service done day before (hardly 12 days from DOD).
Starting from the new crush on the music player, i was amazed by the ride quality in the city's traffic - altough traffic in Coimbatore is pretty low.
I was able to cruise comfortably and the streeing comfort was really great.
There is an option for tilting the steering as per your convenience. I would say that this works great with the seat height adjustment.
The music player control mounted on the steering is something that everyone would require on their day today drive (Apart from changing albums/ playlists).
Drivers seat was well cushioned - I had the real pleasure of checking it out which i was not able to do on the TD.
The pick-up and performance in city traffic was great and this would come handy during peak hour traffic to avoid few honks behind you.
Gear shifting is really convenient and the arm rest will be of no much use during drive in dense traffic (Lately understood).
Breaking is really great and I liked it - A good safelty package with ABS.

One of the parts which i did not check out during my TD was the vanity mirror in the co-passenger's side.
I checked it out while exploring my car and it was really different (May be i did not see other cars). Eitherways, I don't use it. The was mirror was covered by a plastic and it looked pretty trendy.
One can open it and close it when required.

The light in the trunk is of adequate lumination. TD was done on a day time and i was not able to check it out.

A major like and dislike is the reverse sensor/ Parking sensor. It was a company fitted one.
It works really great when you are parking. Since being a lengthy car, you don't have someone to check if your car is about to hit. Thanks to Xenos!
But, it annoys me during traffic. When some 2 wheeler comes and parks near you/ overtakes close by, it starts beeping with the tiny gizmos on the windscreen mirror with the distance.
It keeps on beeping loud even if the music is high. You can clearly hear the beeps.
Not sure if there is an option to cut it off while on drive and turn it on when required.

I'm really obsessed with the quality of the speakers. I was under a impression that default audio player and speakers were not worth it. Honda proved me wrong right from the showroom (I use Pioneer audio system in my other car - Not sure of the deck model though but the sepakers are 450 W in the rear and 100 W in the front).

The quality of music is amazing in ANHC and we have got 4 modes of music in it. Unfortunately, i was not able to identify that the remote was not working untill i tested lately before service. Gave it to the service centre guys to check it out or replace it.

The toll booth box is good and proves the worth and it was able to gulp my wallet. Can come handy most times [;)].
Bottle holder placed exactly between the front & rear serves the purpose and can eccomodate a 1 lit bottle without any issues.

One disappointment will be for guys who want to smoke inside the car. There is no ash tray in the car (as far as i've checked).

There are 4 modes in the speedometer display:
1. Average mileage
2. Trip distance
3. Range for the fuel to get dry
4. Odo reading
I was just curious about the average mileage part and thats the mostly used mode. I was able to acheive average of 15.6 KMpl on highway with 4 passengers + luggage + AC.
The working mechanism IMO seems to be jointly ventured with the gear & accelerator. It seems like calculating the gear that you are in and the pressure that you are applying on the accelerator.
When you are cruising in 5th gear and mild accelerator, it shows about 30 KMpl but how long can we maintain that speed in a smoothly carved highway?

Also, the vehicle seems to act pretty smart. In a layman's term: It hides some fuel and will show you to fuel up soon. I remember my buddy - vkkalyan driving the vehicle without any worries for about 20 KM even when the fuel was in "E". I had to shout too loud to make him understand my feel of not getting stranded in the Chennai - Bangalore highway, which was complicated by lack of petrol pumps.

The suspension quality is good and it takes over the ground clearance part in bad roads. Huge speedbrakers are an exception.

Till date, i did not cross above 2500-3000 RPM even in the highways. The maximum speed that i've maintained is 110 - Just to make the engine a bit smooth to rev her up later. Need to wait till the second service atleast!
The rear passenger seating is really comfortable. I had my share of becoming a passenger for about 3-4 hours and the leg room was great.
Also, as mentioned in my initial post, the space under the rear seat is really helpful if you prefer sitting a bit slanted in luxury.
We also travelled with the car full - 5 people and the rear was comfortable in the annoying city traffic. Need to test it out sometimes in highways too.
Vipers - How can i forget it? I would say it'ss really great. The trendy design is something that Japanese have in purpose. The coverage area is pretty vast when compared to my old city.
The high and low beam has a drastic difference. As usual in these day cars, it comes with a 3 level brightness adjustment.
I am enjoying my Japanese beauty and hope my post will throw some light on guys who need more insight about ANHC.

I need to check the mileage factor once the second service is done.

Yes, i did not abide by the dealer's advice in one thing. It will be posted in The Voyage Junction pretty soon. Hope you can keep your guesses about it till then[confused].

Cheers!

truecity lover, great review .
wishing a happy experience with your ride.

Excellent writeup truecitylover.
Wishing you lakhs of happy and safe miles[drive].

One disappointment will be for guys who want to smoke inside the car. There is no ash tray in the car (as far as i've checked).
Does OHC have this? I ask this since my type2 City doesnt have it too.

Thread Starter #24

Thanks once again Akash.
OHC has this feature. Mine is a 1.3 and it has ash tray and i remember cleaning it for hours after drives!

Good review truecitylover! Even i don know about other cars but the vanity mirror has a car even in my Verna and Aria. I think most modern cars use a cover , not sure though!

And about the fuel meter i face the same exactly in my Verna CRDI! I will fill up for Rs.500 fearing low fuel and the meter happily goes upto the half tank mark!

Hmmm cant guess which advice you failed to abide!

@ truecitylover, good write up man! never knew until late that city would give this good fuel economy. Was always under the presumption that it is a gas guzzler.

@cooldhaya, the fuel gauge has a logarithmic scale, it will be near half full for most of the time and will go near empty position directly. Doesn't hover at around 1/4 mark for a long time.
same is the case with my ikon and also with my bike.

Thread Starter #27

@ cooldhaya: Thanks! The vanity mirror was a suprise, as i did not use it in any cars he he (Do guys require it? :tongue:).
Yes, the fuel meter did the same kind of trick. When i left my car for service, the fuel meter was empty. We filled up fuel for Rs.500 and it did not go up. Again i fueled for Rs.1000 the next day and it went to the half way mark. I finally understood the cat & mice game.

@ Holysatan: Thanks once again. I got average of 12-13.4 KMpl in the sub-urban traffic and yes, i got 10.2 - 11 KMpl in average - Chennai city's traffic during the weekend.
I found the cat & mice game with the fuel meter. I will check when my tank is 1/4 mark about your inputs.

That's a pretty good figure which you are getting in Chennai traffic! Even i get the same FE in my Verna , Chennai's traffic is horrible these days due to Metro rail construction![frustration]

Glad to see that City is very fuel efficient!

Thread Starter #29
@ Cooldhaya: Yes, the traffic is very bad. I don't have a good opinion on chennai 2 wheeler drivers and auto drivers since i came here.
I had a bad experience last week. Got a scratch in the driver's door. I wonder why it happens when someone drives at 20 KMph speed?
Yes, it is pretty fuel effecient. As far as i discussed with few folks with ANHC, the milage gets improved once 2nd service is done.

Oh ya scratches do happen! Come see my Verna and i will show more than 20 scratches about which i have no clue when and how they happened , all very minute small ones!

And even my new TATA Aria , barely a month old and two scratches already![frustration]

Top Bottom