Story of Dream, Desire & Obsession - The All New Honda City

Thread Starter #46
exactly, oem ones are costly and you surely can get them within that price you shared, just wait for some deals coming up with honda or dealer and also push them for more discounts as their oem dont sell much, i mean either with a deal or through their top variant factory fitted,so dealer would give u good deal if ur intrested.A friend of mine got his set for 12k.
Thanks a lot for your suggestion buddy. Have informed the SE to give me a call once there is any offer. Lets see what happens.[confused]

Thread Starter #47
Experience of my first Road Side Assistance

Today, i happened to avail the Honda - Road Side Assistance for the first time.
Issue: Flat Tyre
I know it sounds silly when you call RSA for a flat tyre :stupid:. But, i did not know how to take out the jack properly from the boot and moreover it was never used, so it was filled with grease on the corners and did not want to toil my dress while rushing to office. Also, there was no puncture shop nearby.

So, called up RSA toll free #. Told my issue and the usual call centre dialogues went on like phone #, vehicle #, make Etc.

Then the guy asked me for the chaisis #, which added fuel to my frustration of being stranded in the middle of the road under hot sun (Why does one require it for a flat tyre?). I told him the chaisis #.
The next question made his day: What is the Odometer reading? I knew it was pretty harsh but yelled him to send a person over to change my tyres and not anything.

Then came only sensible questions about availability of the jack, tools and color of the vehicle (To spot it). He said the ETA is 60 minutes in city limits - Chennai. Since he understood my situation, he said that he will put this as a priority and can expect someone within 30 minutes on spot. Once done, a ticket # was provided.

A call came in about 2 minutes and they informed that the person has been dispatched and will be reaching in sometime.

I was waiting in a pizza shop about 100 metres away from the place to keep away from the heat. Even before the pizza was delivered, i got another call stating that the person was waiting and was conferenced with him (< 20 minutes).

The guy who came was really courteous. He requested me to wait in the pizza shop itself after taking the tools and stepny, locking the door and he informed that he will be done in 10 minutes.
I went and quickly feasted the meal and was back while he was about to be done.

IMHO, the job was done very professionally. Was satisfied about the quick response and the time taken for the replacement. It was completed in about 30-40 minutes.

The tyre was supposidely damaged by a sharp & thick object (Steel rod maybe). He said to bring the vehicle to the service station for repairing the puncture once i get free time. Agreed and thanked him.

A service notice was issued and it was a free RSA (For 5 years).
Offered the guy a small tip for his work in the burning sun and he declined. Instead, he suggested to send a email to the service centre if i wanted.
Agreed and left to my office.

I got a call from the RSA team asking if any issues with service and the response time which i answered positively.

The only thing that annoyed me was those stupid set of questions. I need to send a feedback about it and check why do they have to ask those questions when a customer is in the middle of the road [frustration]. I would say that the response time and quick repair made me overcome the call centre hassle.

Congrats truecity! You truly serve your name well!
City is the best sedan till date available in India if you consider all factors together, including looks, road appeal, performance and fe. And not forgetting the re-sale value on those hondas are just awesome!

Thread Starter #49
Congrats truecity! You truly serve your name well!
City is the best sedan till date available in India if you consider all factors together, including looks, road appeal, performance and fe. And not forgetting the re-sale value on those hondas are just awesome!
Thank you Priyank [thumbsup]! Yes, i agree on all the aspects. But VFM is something IMO a premium that you need to pay.

Good to know about your experience with the Honda RSA. As for the details taken by you, i think they are required for almost any kind of job done by dealership. I recently went to MASS for purchasing Wiper blades for my Alto, and for that they noted the engine no. chassis no. and all.

Thread Starter #51
Good to know about your experience with the Honda RSA. As for the details taken by you, i think they are required for almost any kind of job done by dealership. I recently went to MASS for purchasing Wiper blades for my Alto, and for that they noted the engine no. chassis no. and all.
Hmmm. But, thats what i wonder? Why not a phone #/ Regn. # give all the details required?

Good to hear that Honda RSA did a neat and a through professional job. I still haven't been in a situation where i needed a RSA.

But i suggest you to learn the process of changing a flat tyre , its pretty easy and should not take more than 15-20 minutes.

Thread Starter #55
Good to hear that Honda RSA did a neat and a through professional job. I still haven't been in a situation where i needed a RSA.

But i suggest you to learn the process of changing a flat tyre , its pretty easy and should not take more than 15-20 minutes.
Thanks Dhaya! I am aware of changing flat tyres but i did not know how to take the Jack out from the place where it was kept [frustration]. The RSA guy showed it to me and next time, yes i can do it [thumbsup].

That's one good experience from Honda! Thanks for sharing truecitylover

Does any other manufacturer provide free RSA for 5 years? Or have you paid any extra premium for this coverage?

Thread Starter #57
That's one good experience from Honda! Thanks for sharing truecitylover

Does any other manufacturer provide free RSA for 5 years? Or have you paid any extra premium for this coverage?
I am not sure about other manufacturers except Honda and Maruti. The coverage that comes by default is 3 years. I got the extended RSA as a freebie (Costs about 2.5K if i'm right).

Hmmm don't you feel 2.5k for 2 years is very high? Reputed RSA services like Mytvs charged around Rs.800 for a year when we had Safari.

With Aria we have free RSA for 4 years but of course has lots of terms and conditions.

Thread Starter #59
Hmmm don't you feel 2.5k for 2 years is very high? Reputed RSA services like Mytvs charged around Rs.800 for a year when we had Safari.

With Aria we have free RSA for 4 years but of course has lots of terms and conditions.
Will check the detail once again and let you know. Sorry for the delayed reply to the post!

Top Bottom