Replacement for the Siena

Sell Car

Hey Peter, it seems you are more inclined towards BMW, just check all the cars & moreover consider the overall ownership of car.Since you are going for sea trip, better buy car after you come back so that you can get latest model. In the mean time you can check any genuine used car for cheaper price.The advantage of preowned car is you can sell this car after some use for some other car, since you wont be losing much on depreciation & at the same time you can own different brands / models.

Thread Starter #47
Hey Peter, it seems you are more inclined towards BMW, just check all the cars & moreover consider the overall ownership of car.
I did check most of the other cars (Merc C, Audi A4, Skoda Superb & Laura, Chevy Cruze). What drew me to the BMW was the awesome handling and power, BSI package and a really professional dealer (I will be writing a separate review on them).

Since you are going for sea trip, better buy car after you come back so that you can get latest model.
That's exactly my plan.

In the mean time you can check any genuine used car for cheaper price.The advantage of preowned car is you can sell this car after some use for some other car, since you wont be losing much on depreciation & at the same time you can own different brands / models.
Actually I tend to keep my cars for long. I'm basically looking at a 5 year/1 Lakh Kms ownership. Considering this I felt that a new car would be better. Also BMW has a 5 year / 1 Lakh BSI package.

Thread Starter #48
Damn. Just got the news that the new 3 Series launch may be pushed back to the year end. Was looking forward to be back in September to see the car already launched. In fact my tenure ends in July but I decided to stay back because of this. Wanted to buy the car as soon as I came down so I can use it. By the time it's launched it will be time for me to join back. Now I'm in a fix. What to do?
1)Go for the A4 and live with the lack of power.
2)Settle for the Merc and again live with the less powerful enging in the Executive variant.
3)Buy the existing 320D and then feel bad when the new one is launched.
4)Buy a stop gap car and pick up the new BMW after my next contract.

350Z

Core Team
Wanted to buy the car as soon as I came down so I can use it. By the time it's launched it will be time for me to join back. Now I'm in a fix. What to do?
I read that BMW is also considering introducing a fuel-efficient base variant of F30. Get the car that your heart desires. Not just for the heck of it. In this case Audi A4 is out of the question although it is the next best pick. I would suggest waiting if you really like the upcoming model. The wait will be well worth it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #51
I read that BMW is also considering introducing a fuel-efficient base variant of F30. Get the car that your heart desires. Not just for the heck of it. In this case Audi A4 is out of the question although it is the next best pick. I would suggest waiting if you really like the upcoming model. The wait will be well worth it.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I guess my only option is to wait for the new F30. I wish Audi had launched the new A4 with a better engine and the DSG gear box.
So since it's going to be a long wait, I need to revive this thread:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-shopper/4674-stop-gap-car-p3t3r.html

I would suggest why don't take a look at the Passat or Volvo S60 ?
I think I mentioned earlier but anyway, the Passat is not at all VFM. The Superb is a better option. The S60 was only my list but the dealer was not interested in responding to my querry.

I own the 3.0 Tdi diesel and its surely stunning but 2.0 TDi is also isn't a bad deal. Check it out and I have heard that MMI is standard in it. So, the deal seems pretty good.

Thread Starter #55
I own the 3.0 Tdi diesel and its surely stunning but 2.0 TDi is also isn't a bad deal. Check it out and I have heard that MMI is standard in it. So, the deal seems pretty good.
Actually the 2.0 is not bad. But when I drove it back to back with the BMW 320D, it felt underpowered. Audi should have upped the power a bit and thrown in the DSG gearbox. Besides the BMW is RWD.

Thread Starter #57
Audi quattro's are all wheel drives/4x4 too bro
BMW are RWD
but man those cars have expensive parts for sure.
I know that quattro's are 4x4. In fact Quatro means 4 in Italian, Spanish & Portuguese. The 2.0 TDi is not a Quattro. It's a FWD. The 3.0 TDi is a Quattro. The 2.0 TDi comes with a CVT gearbox as opposed to the 3.0's DSG.

Yeah I know that too ( my mate is an italian he told me quattro 4 ) haha and that ricky martin's song I know you want me

Audi A4's mostly are FWD , they have so many different variants. 1.8 T , 2.T and some in petrol and some in diesel.

RS4 is available in india? that will be cool to have .

so your narrowing it down to only RWD ! good choice both my cars are RWDs, they handle well to be quiet honest.

Top Bottom