Renault Lodgy Review & Pictures: Lodgycal Innovation

Thread Starter #16

350Z

Core Team
Moving this thread online with quick information on Dacia Lodgy Glace Edition:

• Announced in November 2011 by Dacia for participation in the Andros Trophy.

• Features rear mid-engine, four-wheel-drive layout and powered by a 3.0-litre V6 engine.

• Capable of producing enormous 355 brake horsepower and 359 Newton-meter of torque.

• Two models were raced by father and son Alain Prost and Nicolas Prost, and third by Evens Stievenart.

• The team eventually won the competition, with Alain Prost as the first placed driver, gaining four victories and six other podium finishes.

• The seven rounds took place in Val Thorens, Andorra, Alpe d'Huez, Isola 2000, Lans-en-Vercors, Saint-Dié-des-Vosges and Super Besse.

• It was first MPV model to win the competition. And second car from Dacia to compete in Andros Trophy, after the Duster (in 2010 and 2011 seasons).

dacia-lodgy-glace.jpg

Dacia-Lodgy-Glace-Andros-Trophy-2011.jpg

Dacia-Lodgy-Glace-Drifting.jpg

Dacia-Lodgy-Glace-Rear.jpg

dacia-lodgy-glace-side-view.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi Vibhor,

Awesomely detailed Review of Lodgy too[clap]. The MPV looks really spacious from the pics and the interiors are well designed. I feel an AT Box would have been great. In the present leauge, I am sure it would spice up the competition further. I cant say about its impact on Ertiga's sales but surely Mobilio's sales will have some change.

Regards

Akash

Great review and I believe it will do well and have the potential to get number like 3000-4000 per month consistently if priced sensibly. People will get good replacement of Xylo.

Nice writeup 350z , I really hope, pray and beg they undercut the Innova significantly and price this really sweet.

Wonderful review with great photos.
Nice idea to provide a video to judge NVH at idling and high speeds.
Just one minor suggestion, in future maybe you can try any of the freely available app that shows the dB level of sounds. So it should be possible to quantify and measure the sound/noise part at idling and high speeds using the app.

Nice review Vibhor! [clap]

I personally feel that front looks are fine, but rear profile is what takes the cake.
I doubt if Lodgy will make any dent to Innova sells. Time should be test of that.

Last edited:
Very Detailed Review with nice photos.

Lodgy is available in Middle-East market, and not made any impact to MPV Segment.
It is interesting to watch how much it will affect the Toyota Innova sales.

Not mentioned about ride, and ride comfort? Any information on ride comfort comparing to equivalent vehicles.

Amazing Review 350Z [clap]
Lodgy will strike as the right balance between samll MPV's like Ertiga, Mobilio, Enjoy and Big MPV's Like Innova and Xylo. If priced right can really click in the market.
Nissan has tried to attempt in the same category of Lodgy with the Evalia but failed miserably because the boxy design of the car.
Otherwise it is one of the most spacious and practical MPV's today.
IMHO, lodgy will be targeted by personal users than commercial tour operators.
Regards
Car's Paradise

Excellent writeup & pictures and you covered everything except Price(I know, right!!! [lol]). As others mentioned, I don't think rear is ugly. There will be takers for this. I traveled/drove in Xylo extensively, as driver, in captain seat and in last row. And except the boat effect, it was perfect spaced car IMO. I never liked Innova 3rd row seats!!! One of the main reason I hated Innova and gone with Xylo.

But Lodgy surely bettered Innova. I can easily see that by looking at pictures. It will not dent Innova/Xylo sales, but it will eat up part of sales, if Renault advertise it properly. I prefer Lody over Innova anyday, in the sense it is a true MPV unlike Innova, where even teens don't prefer 3rd row seats!

Nice review.
Hope this car will fight with Innova [:D]
Dont know how many people will like its looks.

@vm2011

That is not better FE for you! Never ever compare this to Ertiga/Mobilio. This is an serious, usuable MPV IMO.

This is my conclusion. I drove all cars except Lodgy and I always portray them like this.

- I go for Mobilio/Ertiga, if I want oodles of boot space, hardly accommodate 6th passenger and want good FE.
- I use Xylo for my long trips if no of passengers >5 and FE is not an issue.
- I will use Lodgy, if no of passengers >5 and if I need better FE.
- If I have no other cars for my highway trips, I hire Innova for sheer comfort in first 2 rows and the power it offers. Nothing more.

Tell me how many long trips you had in Ertiga where you comfortably seated 7 passengers? But I hope we can do it easily with Lodgy!!!

Thread Starter #29

350Z

Core Team
Renault Lodgy price tag starts from Rs.8.1 – 11.79 Lakh (Ex.showroom, Delhi). Thanks to Akash1886 for updating who’s at ground zero on behalf of TAI.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Renault Lodgy price tag starts from Rs.8.1 – 11.79 Lakh (Ex.showroom, Delhi). Thanks to Akash1886 for updating who’s at ground zero on behalf of TAI.

Drive Safe,
350Z
That was fast. Price is spot on! Bang! Base mobilio starts @ 8.19L(ex) and Ertiga LDI @ 7.42L(ex).

Top Bottom