New Ford Figo Trend (Diesel) | 3rd Year | 47,000 Kms: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #2,521

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@ Vishnu - new car's battery warranty is only for 1 year.

@ Mike - buy SF Sonic only if the running is on the lower side(around 15k kms per year) Opt for exide if running is more.

My car's battery too went kaput after 3 years.
(car at 46k mark. replaced the battery with SF Sonic 44AH battery for 3800rs including buyback of the old battery.)

One more tip , if the car's battery tray has enough space , you can add bigger battery having greater MAH value .
For my friend's Verna stock battery was 45mah , it was replaced with 65mah , similarly another friend's swift diesel he had replaced with 55mah , where as stock was 45mah .
As the voltage is constant , it won't do any harm , advantage being low load on battery as well as longer battery life.

One more tip , if the car's battery tray has enough space , you can add bigger battery having greater MAH value .
For my friend's Verna stock battery was 45mah , it was replaced with 65mah , similarly another friend's swift diesel he had replaced with 55mah , where as stock was 45mah .
As the voltage is constant , it won't do any harm , advantage being low load on battery as well as longer battery life.
Will there be any problem to alternator if we add MAH? I read somewhere if we add bigger battery the alternator life will come down. Please advise

Nah , no issues . The voltage is same , just that we are reducing the battery's load . The thing is it will take a longer time for the battery to get charged up . (Think our smartfones as example , 4500mah-quick charge ,5000mah -normal)

@ Vishnu - new car's battery warranty is only for 1 year.

@ Mike - buy SF Sonic only if the running is on the lower side(around 15k kms per year) Opt for exide if running is more.

My car's battery too went kaput after 3 years.
(car at 46k mark. replaced the battery with SF Sonic 44AH battery for 3800rs including buyback of the old battery.)
@allhyundai : Any specific reason to choose SF sonic in case of low running..

The OEM battery is mentioned as silver calcium. When i tried to find out the difference with other brands I see the first statements in most of websites as below.
1.The replacement has to be silver calcium or the smart charge will not work and the battery will fry in a few months easily.
2.In the mid to late 90s, Ford introduced ‘Silver Calcium’ batteries worldwide for their range of vehicles, along with a smart charging system. Ford dealers were told that a Silver Calcium battery must only be replaced by another Silver Calcium battery. Ford suggested that if a standard lead acid battery was fitted, instead of a Silver Calcium battery, it is more likely to have a drastically reduced life.

After reading this I am confused whether should go with only OEM battery which costs 4200/- (no buy back of old battery from dealer).

Pls advise.

Some of the features of SF sonic :
Plate design (whatever that means) - SF plates are made from a unique Calcium Silver Alloy and has a radial grid design. Hence, the alloy and the design deliver high power – leading to the highest crank power.

The Calcium Silver Alloy –gives the battery a longer life and sustained power even in high heat environments. This seems to lead to lower water consumption and a better maintenance free battery.

Key benefits compared to others:
High / Instant Cranking Power
Long life
Zero maintenance

Also, SF seems to be the lowest priced compared to Amaron or Exide.

Source - Team Bhp SF Sonic Batteries - Team-BHP

Thread Starter #2,528

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@ Mike - have you asked for quotes in the local market ? If the difference is not more get it from the dealer. Also do ask for how many months the dealer is giving warranty for.

@ Mike - have you asked for quotes in the local market ? If the difference is not more get it from the dealer. Also do ask for how many months the dealer is giving warranty for.

44 DIN - Quotations
SF sonic Dealer :
60 months warranty - 36 M direct replacement + 24 pro rata = 4250 (with old battery exchange)
30 months warranty - 30 M direct replacement = 3750 (with old battery exchange)

SF sonic sub dealer :
48 months warranty - 24 M direct replacement + 24 Pro rata = 3900 (with old battery exchange)

Amaron Dealer :
55 Months warranty - 36 M direct replacement + 19 Pro rata = 4400 (with old battery exchange)

Ford Showroom:
12 months warranty - Direct replacement - 4100 (No exchange accepted)

Pls advise which one to go...

Thread Starter #2,530

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
No point getting from the dealer. Get the battery from the first guy. Although pro rata system is useless. (They calculate the discounted price based on the MRP on the box and not the selling price) so if the new battery is costing you say 4000 at the time of replacement , pro rata basis might cost you , say , 4300.
Plus SF Sonic is from exide. Get the SF Sonic.

No point getting from the dealer. Get the battery from the first guy. Although pro rata system is useless. (They calculate the discounted price based on the MRP on the box and not the selling price) so if the new battery is costing you say 4000 at the time of replacement , pro rata basis might cost you , say , 4300.
Plus SF Sonic is from exide. Get the SF Sonic.
Battery is now replaced with another deal of SF sonic DIN 44 - 50M warranty > 30 M direct replacement +20 M Prorata basis @ 3800/-rs.
Unfortunately my KWID battery also gave up the day before replacement planned for NF battery. KWID battery lasted for only 2 years which is from Amaron. It is replaced with SF sonic 35 DIN , 50 M warranty @ 3400/-rs.

Pic from Garage:

IMG_20190317_073740.jpg

Guys, the figo and polo has same door locking system , which can be opened even by a child from inside while the vehicle is moving. Do you know any aftermarket or DIY method to change this to like in the maruthi or Hyundai cars ? ( I know figo and polo has a rear child lock , my question isn't about it )

Long I should have created a whatsapp group for Ford Figo owners!, Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: Ford Figo

My Figo Trend Diesel is going to complete three years this February and the warranty is expiring too. Car has completed close to 38000 kms.
I had the below issues:
1. Steering mounted audio control is stuck, we cannot skip to previous track or take calls
2. Right ORVM - lateral movement of the mirror stopped working
3. Couple of rubber bushes on the door and bonnet were missing/broken
Same here (1) my audio control previous track simply got stuck last year, i was told it will cost 3k for replacement, sometimes the button releases and works but again it got stuck and since then I have just left it.

My Figo Trend diesel completed 3 years this Jan, I can definitely see some loss of power or maybe its just my feeling, I do see smoke coming out of exhaust when you accelerate on 3rd gear, the service guy said that's the way diesel engine works if it doesn't burn fuel properly you'll see black smoke until engine is properly warmed up. the car just touched 20k a week back.

Thread Starter #2,534

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
it will emit smoke even after warming up. ford diesel engine emit a lot of smoke under hard acceleration. you could have changed the button under warranty free of charge. i got the same thing done some time back.

Not figo, every (most of the) diesel engines belch black smoke when revved in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear, speaking from experience in my Manza it also belches lot of smoke for first 5 kilometers when revved in 1st 2nd or 3rd gear.

Top Bottom