New Car Pre-Delivery Inspection – An Exhaustive Guide

That is an exhaustive write-up 350Z , great thread will be very useful for first time buyers.
After reading it you will be a "first time buyer". Before that you were a "bakra" for the dealer like all the rest of us. A recommended read before buying a new car irrespective of how many cars you have owned before.

Last edited:
Thanks for detailed PDI inspection. It is very helpful for a common man like me[:)] . I will carry a print out of
Things to Keep During PDI: and
Things to Remember During PDI: as I am getting my Swift ZDI next week.
Thanks once again to 350Z

Thread Starter #19

350Z

Core Team
Thanks for detailed PDI inspection. It is very helpful for a common man like me
You are welcome. I couldn't be happier if this guide genuinely helps a new car buyer. Do take a print out of checklist attached in Post 8.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Pdi

Hello

I am a newcomer to this scene .
I would like to know when and where exactly is the PDI carried out . Where can we find this information . How is it related to the date of manufacture of the vehicle.

thanks

Devan

Re: Pdi

A PDI stands for Pre Delivery Inspection. It is a way to make sure that your to-be-delivered car is free from any issues like re-painted parts, body scratches and dents, electricals working or not, date of mfg. of vehicle and tyres, condition of interiors, any broken parts/plastics, tacho wire removed (can be verified if a test drive is agreed).

It is always advised to do a PDI in broad daylight at the stockyard/showroom and then only allow the dealer to send the car for registration.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #23

350Z

Core Team
Welcome aboard to The Automotive India, mdevn. I have merged the topics. You can find more information about PDI in this thread itself. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: New Car Buying - Some Basic Questions

Hello

I have some questions regarding PDI .

There is an inspection by the dealer when he receives the vehicle shipped from the factory.
Then there is the inspection carried out by the dealer just before delivery to customer.

What does the PDI sticker on the vehicle denote ?.Is there a record for this in the manual for the vehicle ?. Can we know when it was carried out ?.
Is there a record for the inspection carried out just before delivery to customer ?

Thanks

Devan

Thread Starter #25

350Z

Core Team
Yes. The dealerships do perform a Pre-Delivery Inspection on their part when they receive the car from factory. However, it’s more or less to check for any major faults / manufacturing defects. Please do not simply rely upon it and make sure to perform your own with the help of our comprehensive PDI Guide.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi Guys,

I just joined this forum today and I am very happy I did. I have booked my new car, a Chevy Beat LT with KLN Motors located in poonamalle high road, Chennai. Yesterday I had a chance to check my new car and I wrote down my chassis number

Chassis number of my car: MA6BFBF2BBT058339

I understand that this means that this car's production month and year is June 2011. This I derived by taking the 7th and 10 character into account.

I am going get delivery of this vehicle by Nov 5 2011. This makes it a 5 months old vehicle. Do you guys feel it is right for me to take the car which will be 5 months old when it's delivered to me.

Is there any problem with this? please advise..

I am going to make the downpayment in 2 days time so please reply soon as my decision will be based on your answer

Thanks & regards

Sundar

Hello Guys,

I am new to TAI.

I have booked Chevrolet BEAT 1.2 LT from Singh Motors Co., Pune. I booked the car on 20th Oct'11.

The Sales Executive confirmed that I would be getting the car ready for PDI within 10 days (once car comes to their stockyard on order as they didn't had the color I choose). The very next day SE called me saying that they have a Red BEAT LT in their stockyard (due to someone postponing the delivery) which could be allotted to me if I do the down payment in next 2 days.

I became a bit suspicious about this car hence scheduled a PDI of this car before even confirming that I will take this allocation.

I went for PDI with my wife and did every check diligently and found out that car was March 2011 manufactured and there was some minor damaged under the bonnet due to rat bite (it seemed like that). Also to note that the battery not connected hence I was not able to check the instrument panel and engine.

I told the SE that I do not want this car and he should order a fresh one for me. To which till date he has only confirmed that car might be in their stockyard between 15-20 Nov'11.

I am hoping for the smooth and earliest possibly delivery of my car. And have few questions regarding the PDI as below:

1.Can I test drive the car allotted to me before registration (during PDI).
My dealer seem to be hesitant about it when I asked about it last time
during the above mentioned PDI.

2. What if the car gets damaged after PDI and Registration but before
delivery. What provision would be available to me then? Also advise if
there is any way we can get PDI checklist (for the status of the car
during PDI) duly signed by the dealer/SE and keep that as proof of the
inspected condition of the car before delivery which should match during
delivery?

Expecting all experts to contribute their bits.

Request to MOD : In case this is not the appropriate place for this post kindly move it and I would browse the forum to get better understanding for future posts.

Thank you,

Regards,
Imran

Hi Guys, I just joined this forum today and I am very happy I did. I have booked my new car, a Chevy Beat LT with KLN Motors located in poonamalle high road, Chennai. Yesterday I had a chance to check my new car and I wrote down my chassis number
hi buddy! welcome to TAI. well search there are some threads on buying old manufactured car but i will say to go for new one if dealer has it!!

Top Bottom