New Bajaj Avenger Ownership Review

Avenger, has got a bumpy ride (why Bajaj?)
Frankly speaking I like this bike only because of seating position.
Other than this, the ride (bumpy as you said), suspension set-up, brakes, built, high speed stability, fitment of parts- everything is pretty much average.
Wait a minute..it looks good though.

Thread Starter #107
Frankly speaking I like this bike only because of seating position.
Other than this, the ride (bumpy as you said), suspension set-up, brakes, built, high speed stability, fitment of parts- everything is pretty much average.
Wait a minute..it looks good though.
spot on.
looks and riding position.
bu hey for the price everything else is forgivable. and why not it is not a car so modification and refitting options are endless.

Congrats on your Avy & keep avenging. FEEL LIKE GOD.

Being a Avenger 180 Owner from Dec 2006, I enjoyed every moment in it.

Now missing it for almost 3 years, as I am now at Singapore.

My Brother in law is using it twice a week, He is in his late 40's, so he rides mostly @ 40-50Km/Hr max. He prefers his Suzuki access over this avy, as its heavy :)

only 31k+ around driven till date [I've driven 24k+ myself until may 2010]

Whenever I go to India on Vacation, I prefer to ride my Avy than my brothers Swift.

Mean machine for me.

Any idea for tachometer installation? i had that in mind, now as I'm abroad. cannot execute.

Every body sits in pillion enjoys ride, but mom, sis & wifey[sometimes] mildly shouts at me coz of their saree being blacken by oil spilled form chain.

[Sadly no chain cover as in normal bikes, it'll spoil raw look though].

Sorry if i hijacked your thread & ate someplace. enjoy your ride bro

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see you around, once again. Your Avenger in black looks smashing indeed.

Apart from the aesthetics, is there any utility advantage you thought the back rest removal would yield?

Thread Starter #111
Good to see you around, once again. Your Avenger in black looks smashing indeed.

Apart from the aesthetics, is there any utility advantage you thought the back rest removal would yield?
Thanx Manoj,
Are you In Kerala ?

Weight Reduction, BHP/ton Improvement.

Not only Back rest but exhaust and some other fitments also removed.

Thanx Manoj,
Are you In Kerala ?
Not at present.

I was also contemplating on getting one Avenger this January. Did a couple of TDs on the same day with my wife as pillion. Was very disappointed with a few things, especially the gear shifts. Never could slot them confidently and neutral seemed non-existent, overall too crude to my liking.

Actually I was only worried about the pillion ride comfort earlier, but surprisingly didn't find that aspect a deal breaker. The notchy gearshift was the real put off.
Would like to TD an Avenger once more before finalising on my bike purchase in July.[roll]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #113
Not at present.

I was also contemplating on getting one Avenger this January. Did a couple of TDs on the same day with my wife as pillion. Was very disappointed with a few things, especially the gear shifts. Never could slot them confidently and neutral seemed non-existent, overall too crude to my liking.

Actually I was only worried about the pillion ride comfort earlier, but surprisingly didn't find that aspect a deal breaker. The notchy gearshift was the real put off.
Would like to TD an Avenger once more before finalising on my bike purchase in July.[roll]
Keep Avenger aside,try Bullet [glasses].

Thread Starter #115
jaydev how much has your avenger clocked on the odo ? any issues you faced ?
15000+ km.
No serious issues, a fine bike.

I guess the chain/sprocket is worn and need to be replaced.Left hand shock has some oil leak.

I had removed the stock Airbox and exhaust , redesigned for better high end torque.

I have passed it to my younger Brother. Myself riding a Bullet now.

your opinion regarding the two which is the better one with regards to-
1) driving comfort of the rider as well as the pillion
2) handling
3) maintenance
4)VFM

I guess the chain/sprocket is worn and need to be replaced.Left hand shock has some oil leak.
Shell Life of chain sproket is only 15000 kms you need to go for a complete replacemnt. Oil leak is doubtful as I have cover 18K in total which included 1 Ladakh trip and several hilly trips in maharashtra and goa but never had the shock up problem

I would say bullet any time
If you are a single rider both will be the same but with multiple riders it will be always bulltet for better handling
Avenger is easier to maintain as bajaj network is good country wise but not same with bullet
Bullet is far better VFM.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #118
2) handling
3) maintenance
4)VFM
Konkantrip put it perfectly .

Avenger in city it is an Armchair on wheels; amazingly comfortable.

Due to to short gear ratios, Avenger is no fun on Highways unlike a bullet,where a bullet cruises effortlessly at 80kmph,avenger feels like at the end of its tether.

Bullet is more fuel efficient than Avenger.A concern in long tours.

Due to lesser weight, road grip is comparatively lesser in Avenger,especially the front wheel is quick to slip.

Avenger is 40 percent Plastic/fibre .Bullet is 99 percent Metal,it may last a life time.

Wind blasts from passing vehicles,Bullet feels safe due to its heavy built,avenger is concern raising.

Vibrations are sometimes terrible in bullet, avenger has far lesser.

Avenger is No hassle bike . yet it is a commuter bike in cruiser disguise basically a Pulsar 220 . Where as bullet 'could' be worst trouble giving bike on planet which starts from engine leakage to starting problems and electrical failures.

Top Bottom