My Volkswagen Polo TDi

Warranty shall be void if any wiring has been cut or tampered with. Hence, when they go for higher wattage bulb, a relay would be added instead of tampering the existing wiring. Confirm with the owner manual once and then decide. If you are not very sure, go in for better bulbs of the same wattage.

Thread Starter #184
update:
So many changes had happened in my life and im loving it. some bad some good but then it is teaching me new lessons everyday.YES im in love!! (not with the car [embarass]).So im trying my best to plan everyday schedule still nothing works out.so please do forgive me for not being regular.

ok about the car.i had covered close to 8000 kms in the last month.during may did a trip to mumbai which is 1200 kms from my place.Last week drove down to chennai from rajasthan which is around 2300 kms one way.returned back day before yesterday.this car had given me more goosebumps than anyother car i ve driven in its class. morover this car has become more special to me.

now for the damages:
1.rear bumper has broke.gave the car to a friend and he had banged it sonewhere.dont know wat had happened.
2.right side metal part that forms the arch above the right wheel is totally bent and crashed.parked the car on the left of a state highway and was sppeaking over phone.some moron had hit the car and left.

hi mate.car is doing absolutely fine.

pros:
1.absolutely fantastic driving experience.no second thoughts.
2.confidence inspiring handling and brakes.
3.perfect suspension. nor too soft nor too hard.
4.cabin gives that racing feel.
5.absolute looker from outside
6.silent cabin

cons:
1.low quality front windshield. yes you read it right.pathetic it is. it gets fogged up easily .
2.could have better equipments
3. low stance might be a problem for ladies.
4.pathetic after service
5.lights could have been better.
Pros:

I beg to disagree with you regarding points 2 and 6. She handles well but the brakes in my CL could have been much better (I still maintain that the brakes in my old 1.1 Getz is much better than in my Polo). And silent? Well. It is noisy but nowhere as noisy as the iDtec. Definitely not silent though.

Cons:

My windshield has so many minute scratches. I don't know how but there are so many of them. They are fine scratches but still. My Getz does not have any scratches even after 5 years any numerous times of switching the wipers on by mistake and even my helper boy cleaning the windcreen with a dirty rag full of dust and sand.
Regarding the headlamps, it looks like I'm the only Polo owner here happy with the headlamps+foglamps combination. It works pretty well for me. Lights up the roads real nice [:D]

^^
What VipinLJ said. To add to that, my only real complaint is the pathetic engine. On lower gears, inside cabin it sounds like someone blowing air bubbles in a jar full of water using a plastic straw.

Regarding quality of windshield i must say that they are really tough, i changed couple of windshields of my M-800 and Wagon-R after every hit of small stone chip flying from wheels of others car on highway.

My Polo already got couple of shots on those very stone chips and still my windshield is crack free. Regarding your fogging issue I advice you against directing blower towards windshield or side glass, also keep you AC in defogging mode with AC and fresh air on.

Thread Starter #189
after my recent trip.. i do agree to the brake point.they are not confidence inspiring.
forget to mention this.have done carbon fibre stickering on the bonnet.

Pros:
She handles well but the brakes in my CL could have been much better
The original brake pads on my polo did better job than the ones I have now, which is why I never felt any sub par performance of brakes earlier.
May be its got something to do with 'breaking in' of the brake pads?

forget to mention this.have done carbon fibre stickering on the bonnet.
Pics please!!

Thread Starter #191
Quick update :
Car has covered 58 k kms with me and has completed 1.3 yrs.lately have been doing lots of highway trips.im doing bikaner bombay trips twice in a month which is 1300 kms one way.she has handled everything with ease.

Modifications:
1.installed 15 inch plati wheels with 195 section tires
2.installed aftermarket headlights and fogs. (With projectors and hids)

Damages:
1.left side fender dent
2.right side fender dent
3.right side running board damage

Attachments

Wow great Bro !
Lots of things had happened in a shirt span. Long time we didnt evrn meet in fb.
Anyways congrats and by next time do a bikanur to chennai trip.

Modifications:
1.installed 15 inch plati wheels with 195 section tires
2.installed aftermarket headlights and fogs. (With projectors and hids)
Love those headlamps. Could you please tell us how much you paid for them? Where did you get them from?
And some pics of the alloys and details as well? :)

Regards,
Vipin

Thread Starter #195
Those headlamps costed me 25 k.the shop Is in delhi.
Specs:
1.projectors are taiwanese but the spread and cut off is really good.
2.the headlight has 6 months warranty.
3.hids have 6 months warranty but not for the bulb.
4.leds have s subtle look and are not bright which I personaly prefer.
5.high beams are ok but when hids are on we dont need high beams because it is very good.
6.seperate bulbs and chamber for high beams.
7.my hid is 4300k for low beams.

Wheels:
1.15 inch plati deep dish alloys

My car ia really dirty.i will upload better pictures after cleaning. I will uploas the beam photos tonight.

Attachments

Top Bottom