My Volkswagen Polo TDi

Mine is a diesel. I can say sound level is equal or more than polo. When you are inside cabin it would be silent but once you cross 100 kmph slight sound wil be audible as in all diesel engines.
You mean the Vento is louder than the Polo on the inside? That's ridiculous. [frustration] I mean. Seriously. The Polo is a bit too loud inside. Everyone who has sat in my Polo asked me why it is this noisy. [embarass] And it's not only my car. It's every Polo I've been in. I've driven the Vento only for a little while and it was a long time ago. So I don't remember how noisy it was.
If only VW started showing their German-ness or whatever and gave us some decent sound deadening or something. Compared to the Polo and Vento, Hyundai and Maruti diesel cars sound like a petrol-engined car on the inside.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
. Compared to the Polo and Vento, Hyundai and Maruti diesel cars sound like a petrol-engined car on the inside.
drive a ritz diesel than you will think that polo is much better [;)] ritz sounds like truck , i'm talking about a new car and when the car is at halt [:D]

i20 and verna are silent but verna is too loud at high speeds.
i was driving an xuv 500 , a verna overtake us and i could hear the noise inside. so xuv 500 is really good as far as insulation is concerned [thumbsup]

Thread Starter #153
You mean the Vento is louder than the Polo on the inside? That's ridiculous. [frustration] I mean. Seriously. The Polo is a bit too loud inside. Everyone who has sat in my Polo asked me why it is this noisy. [embarass] And it's not only my car. It's every Polo I've been in. I've driven the Vento only for a little while and it was a long time ago. So I don't remember how noisy it was.
If only VW started showing their German-ness or whatever and gave us some decent sound deadening or something. Compared to the Polo and Vento, Hyundai and Maruti diesel cars sound like a petrol-engined car on the inside.

I meant vento is louder than polo outside but vento cabin is more silent than polo...

drive a ritz diesel than you will think that polo is much better [;)] ritz sounds like truck , i'm talking about a new car and when the car is at halt [:D]

i20 and verna are silent but verna is too loud at high speeds.
i was driving an xuv 500 , a verna overtake us and i could hear the noise inside. so xuv 500 is really good as far as insulation is concerned [thumbsup]
Well. A couple of my friends have Swifts and Puntos and they are pretty silent inside compared to my Polo. The engine noise can be heard but it isn't a clatter. It definitely sounds refined. A friend has the old Fabia and that is noisy as hell.

I meant vento is louder than polo outside but vento cabin is more silent than polo...
Outside ok. But yes. I think even in the Vento that I drove, the in-cabin noise was less. Or maybe it was because the stereo was on so didn't notice. Don't remember.

One of my friend who got i20 because he did not like the cabin sound of Polo wanted to test drive my Polo just to rub it in. [:D] (you know typical friends)
But he was shocked with disbelief as my car was not making as much noise as he had expected. Actually it was barely noticeable in lower RPMs. Maybe the upgraded hydraulic engine and gearbox mounts made the difference reducing vibration and sound.
Sound is definitely there and it's not that bad. But I can totally see this car's engine getting trashy at speeds above 120.

One of my friend who got i20 because he did not like the cabin sound of Polo wanted to test drive my Polo just to rub it in. [:D] (you know typical friends)
But he was shocked with disbelief as my car was not making as much noise as he had expected. Actually it was barely noticeable in lower RPMs. Maybe the upgraded hydraulic engine and gearbox mounts made the difference reducing vibration and sound.
Sound is definitely there and it's not that bad. But I can totally see this car's engine getting trashy at speeds above 120.
Upgraded engine mounts? As in did it come that way in the stock form or did you go to the A.S.S afterwards for a service or something to get the upgraded mounts? The i20s that I've been in and driven do sound refined. What I've been trying to say is that even though the engine noise can be heard inside other cars, it sounds refined when you compare it to the Polo's engine noise which sounds archaic in comparison.

The engine sound can be heard at high revvs mostly when accelerating in first and second gears, but at lower rpms the sound is barely audible, and also thanks to the brilliant sound insulation too.

I doubt the engine mounts help in reducing the noise inside. The mounts if improperly fit, might give abnormal vibrations while cranking the engine and while going on irregular roads.

Upgraded engine mounts? As in did it come that way in the stock form or did you go to the A.S.S afterwards for a service or something to get the upgraded mounts? The i20s that I've been in and driven do sound refined. What I've been trying to say is that even though the engine noise can be heard inside other cars, it sounds refined when you compare it to the Polo's engine noise which sounds archaic in comparison.
If there are excessive vibrations at start, predominantly appearing from front, then you should get your engine mounts changed too. Open the bonnet, and ask someone to crank the engine while you watch the engine vibrations from front of bonnet. If you can see the whole cabin shaking, time to report to workshop.

I used to feel abnormal vibrations few months back, but mine was just a case of tightening a few nuts and bolts of the mount.

About the engine noise- There are many damping materials available in market which are effective too. When you plant to upgrade speakers in future, you can get some damping done.

Thread Starter #159
yes finally car has done 13k kms. she is a wild lady. recently made a trip to jaipur and she was just touch wood. some photos of the lady in white.only thing that is bothering me are the small stones hitting the bonnet :( .one more paint chipping on the bonnet :(

Attachments

Last edited:
yes finally car has done 13k kms. she is a wild lady. recently made a trip to jaipur and she was just touch wood. some photos of the lady in white.only thing that is bothering me are the small stones hitting the bonnet :( .one more paint chipping on the bonnet :(
Wild lady [clap]

I loved that place where you have kept you rides. Really chilled out place.
Is that your garage? What do you call it- baithak or chaupal, something like that. I hope you don't mind me asking!

Thread Starter #162
Wild lady

I loved that place where you have kept you rides. Really chilled out place.
Is that your garage? What do you call it- baithak or chaupal, something like that. I hope you don't mind me asking!
that's my friend place near jaipur on delhi-kishangarh highway. it is also known den of solace.an awesome place to be. i don't understand those words man [frustration]

nice i don't know why stones gets attracted to your car's bonnet.
seriously nowadays i carefully look at other car's bonnet just to find whether it's normal to have those spots. once i was asked by the owner for my behaviour and the sheepish smile i had to give him [embarass] [frustration]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
seriously nowadays i carefully look at other car's bonnet just to find whether it's normal to have those spots. once i was asked by the owner for my behaviour and the sheepish smile i had to give him on]
i too haven't faced any problems like this.my car's bonnet is plain [:D]

it's natural. any guy hovering around one's car will cause suspicion.

the other day one guy was peeping in my car while talking on his phone , i ignored the first 2 times , i thought he's just checking his hair [lol]

but the 3rd time i shouted ( was across the street) " hey" and when i reached the car after 5-10 minutes.

the guy said " saar , just checking the interior" [:D]

Thread Starter #164
i too haven't faced any problems like this.my car's bonnet is plain [:D]

it's natural. any guy hovering around one's car will cause suspicion.

the other day one guy was peeping in my car while talking on his phone , i ignored the first 2 times , i thought he's just checking his hair [lol]

but the 3rd time i shouted ( was across the street) " hey" and when i reached the car after 5-10 minutes.

the guy said " saar , just checking the interior" [:D]
haha that's classic. lucky that he did not do anything abnormal .
my colleague's cars here they too have stone marks.

that's my friend place near jaipur on delhi-kishangarh highway. it is also known den of solace.an awesome place to be. i don't understand those words man [frustration]

seriously nowadays i carefully look at other car's bonnet just to find whether it's normal to have those spots. once i was asked by the owner for my behaviour and the sheepish smile i had to give him [embarass] [frustration]
Den of solace is a nice name.

What's that red colored sticker on your bonnet?

Top Bottom