My Silky Magna i20 CRDi - 30K Kms. 1 Year Review

Wildon,

Can you please update us on bumper work done on your car, Cost and location of service station etc. Before and after pictures would helpful if you have them.

OP - Apologies for using your thread, this was my only way to contact Wildon. Hopefully he sees this thread.

Thanks

Last edited:
Good going gri20 [clap]

Few questions i want to ask !

Why was the shock replaced in the 2nd free service,which one was it & what was the symptoms that prompted a complaint from you? Or was it checked during service & replaced ?

During 4th paid service i noticed mention of cylinder assembly and brakes etc,were all brake pads replaced or are you still running on the original ones(highly unlikely i guess) ?

During 5th paid service i notice the clutch master cylinder was replaced at no cost,was this cos it was covered by warranty?
What were the symptoms you faced that showed signs of failure with the clutch master cylinder?
So you are still on the same original clutch & flywheel set even 70,000 kms on??? If so i guess your on majority highway use where gear changes are not frequent as in the city!

Thread Starter #67
Hi Prads,

Q1: Shock absorbers was checked during service and replaced (There was no symptoms been noticed by me)

Q2: nope cylinder Assembly & brake pads was not replaced under warranty & only front brake pads were replaced.

Q3: Clutch master cylinder was replaced at no cost and its covered under warranty.

Symptoms: Clutch got stuck when gear change and wouldn't release.

Yeap I am running on OEM Clutch and found it to be hard in recent times.

Wheels I have changed from Apollo to Continental Ecosport (Very Responsive and great).

Driving: My driving in city would be 40% and Highway would be 60%

Please let me know, if may have any other queries.

Thanks.

Thanks for the answers "gri20"

Does your car still have the bouncy nature that is common with i20s,Since your car has done 70k was wondering if the weak springs have sobered down this habit.

I tried googling around for Continental ecosport but could not find anything about it.
I guess your car tire size is 175 section,since mine is the igen version with alloys & 185 section i was planning a upgrade to Yokohama Cdrive or Continental Conti Eco Contact 3(i am wondering if this is what you have),so far seems the continental is having good reviews.
Seen the brand on high end cars but on an ex rally drivers esteem seems to be taking the abuse well & had caught my interest.

At how many kms did you change your tires?Were they completely bald or did you change them with some thread left to stay on the safer side. What is the psi you prefer maintaining in your tires?
The stock Apollos on my car seem to be so far ok in comparison to tires i have seen on other cars but an upgrade will probably happen at around 35000 km for me.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #69
Hi Prads,

I still have that bouncy nature and found way to get used to it. No car is perfect.

My bad, its Continental Conti Eco Contact 3 and it by far seems good than apollo tyres.

You could also try Pirelli, getting good reviews about it.

My apollo lasted for 47,523 kms and still had some thread left and i have 1 tyre as my backup.

to be on safer side, I check psi every 10 days and keep it around 33-35psi.

Thanks.

Top Bottom