My New Car - Tata Manza

Thread Starter #31
Went yesterday to service centre to rectify squeaks from front suspension. They replaced the struts, and squeaks disappeared completely. But this time again, gave few scratches on front right wheel fendor (for Free).[frustration]
What the hell!!!! Totally upset. Complained to Floor Manager. He immediately started things moving. They tried to make it good, but since it was deep, nothing could be done. So he offered to get it repainted. Since I was getting delayed, I said will come tomorrow. Thanks to Mr Rajesh [thumbsup]
Went today morning to there body shop. Stood by my car till they took her to the paint booth. Entire fender was painted. Will take her back to body shop for polishing (Paint takes 3-4 hours to dry up completely after coming out of paint booth, and I had to leave, was already 1430 hrs).

They have good technicians. Top management in service department are good and very helpful. One thing I fail to understand, how they manage to give scratches to a car, that too MY CAR [confused] Its the second time happening to me. After hours of waiting when I am ready to take my car, I see those ugly scratches. Its so painful.

Thread Starter #33
More or less. Will improve tomorrow when they 3M it. 10 days back too they gave a scratch , which they promptly removed by painting. And that was not visible. One month of ownership and 2 paint jobs....
Yes good part is that they admit there faults.

Thread Starter #34
Re: My New Car - Tata Manza 2nd Servicing done at 5159 kms

Today I gave my car for 2nd free servicing. Here's a brief report.
ODO:5159 kms
Exterior: OK. No scratches
Interiors: Clean

Last friday, I called up Aadya motors and took today morning appointment. I reached service centre at 0915 hrs. Within 2 min. SA attended me. Apart from the free servicing, I handed over a list of complains:
  • Sound from front suspension.
  • RHS rear door needs more effort to close.
  • Rattle from dashboard.
  • Sound from both front doors.
  • Rubber dampers missing from both front doors. To fix new ones.
  • High beam of head light not effective.
SA told me it'll take about 2 hrs, so I decided to stay back. Well its another story that I stayed there till 1600 hrs.

While I was enjoying a movie in the customers' lounge, I saw my car. I went out to inspect. From outside, the car looked clean. I checked all the doors. OK. They had fixed new rubber dampers. But seats were dirty. And whats this! RHS rear door armrest is badly damaged/ scratched (as if someone has forced it open without using proper tool)!!!! [frustration] I was furious once again. Its been a record till now. My every visit to this service station till date has given me a complimentary scratch. I called SA and showed it to him. I politely said Replace it, and went back to lounge. He could see the anger in my eyes. Back from lounge, I can see people shouting/ blaming each other. They replaced the part with a new spare. Then they cleaned the seats. And then only I could drive back by 1600 hrs.
The service centre has really nice people who listen to your problem and try to rectify. But there definitely are few buggers out there who need to be kicked out.
Anyways, while driving back home, my car was super silent. No noise from suspensions. And that faint, occasional sound from dash board and front doors has vanished. I need to check the headlights.

Thread Starter #36
Yes. Was busy with something. Will be back to my work after July, most probably. Oil change in Quadrajet engine (Fiat MJD 1.3) needs to be done at 10k kms. I have taken AMC, and it was free service. So zero expenses.

Re: My New Car - Tata Manza 2nd Servicing done at 5159 kms

Congrats for 5K completion nozzlering...
Sorry for that scratch again, not sure why its happening everytime, but I must say u have great eye for detail.

After my 5K service my cars KMPL has gone up. Earlier it was hovering around 12-13 in city now its givin me a cool 15+ in city. I have also slightly changed by driving style (Light foot driving). Am happy with this fuel efficiency and by God's grace car is doing just good for me.

What is your fuel efficiency now?

congrats buddy and you are lucky the service center agreed to their fault and repainted and replaced the part that was damaged due to them.

Nice write up and a drive safe.

Jango.

Thread Starter #39
Hi Manza class. Long time no see... [:)]
Even I have been getting 12-13 kmpl in city, with ac on most of the time. I achieved overall about 20 kmpl during recent Goa trip.
I too am very happy with my car. Lets see how much FE I get after the service. I was really getting annoyed by those occasional faint click click sound from dashboard. After servicing they have disappeared. I am happy now.
Last time, they adjusted your headlight low and high beam. Was it done good?
Yesterday they did for me too. Haven't checked yet.
How many kms have you done buddy?

Thread Starter #40
congrats buddy and you are lucky the service center agreed to their fault and repainted and replaced the part that was damaged due to them.

Nice write up and a drive safe.

Jango.
By now, most of the people at the service centre know me. For being pain in their ***, for picking up slightest of scratch. And most of them are very careful with my car. But there is some careless bugger. I should have taken a photograph. How crudely the armrest was handled, most probably using a screw driver. This might have gone un-noticed with many customers. But not with me. I spend hours taking care of my car. And they just cant get away doing such silly things. And because of these repeated experience, I have become more careful.

High beam in my Manza is not that great, but i think its manageable. Whithin the city its not a problem driving with these settings.
My ODO is ~8.5K.
Of late am loving my car more n more. The car has been responding well and the efficiency is good, car is spacious and confortable. Every one enjoys the drive in my car [:D]

Let us know about your Goa trip in detail [:)]

Thread Starter #42
High beam in my Manza is not that great, but i think its manageable. Whithin the city its not a problem driving with these ----------------------------------
Let us know about your Goa trip in detail [:)]
Yeah I agree to that. While going to, and returning from Goa, I had to limit my top speed because I was not confident with the visibility provided by high beam. Maybe it can improve by upgrading the bulbs. Low beam is quite powerful though. This way, Manza high beam is a sort of safety feature [;)]
Family loves the car. Recently my father came to see us. Earlier he was not happy, as I bought a big car. But after sitting in the car, I could see he was happy.
My Goa trip is below
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/7523-bangalore-goa-my-small-family-my-manza-me.html

Nozz

Congrats for your new SHIP !! yes it is not just a car its huge ship with huge space

A very good selection by you. TATA cars are good always, but unfortunately most of the times the TASS is too bad. This is how the cars are spoiled and it has created a bad name for TATA brand.

So, be careful with each service and tell them 100 times before giving car for servicing to handle it carefully, after all its your car man. Repairing is always a painful thing and it is more painful when it is a new car.[frustration]

I think lot of times about TASS that they just employ their people from TATA trucks service center to TATA car show rooms !![lol]

Thread Starter #45
I had average economy 12.3 according to my DIS. I have driven about 25 km after servicing. The average is gradually coming up. Its 12.9 now. I feel, it has improved. Lets see.
I am planning to give 3M treatment to my car today. Will update with pics by evening.

Top Bottom