My New Car - Tata Manza

@nozzelring , Good thread indeed.

BTW , 642 Rs is too much for mirror glass IMO.

@MK, sealant and teflon coats are meant to prevent inevitable scratches and paint damage be bird excreta , chemicals etc.
Teflon coating is one time procedure which involves removal of OE outer coat of the paint using a scrubbing /rubbing machine and then applying teflon coat which lasts for years to come.

The sealant is the procedure which is to be done within 6 months of car purchase , OE coat is not removed but
covered with another coat which prevents minor scratches to occur.
sealent treatment needs to be enriched every 6 months .IMO.

Thread Starter #122
Thanks Tornado
reg mirror, No idea if i am overcharged. If they have billed it and I received a receipt, I think its OK.
TEFLON coating should actually be what you mentioned. But 99.9% of times, these people dont do the TEFLON coat properly and eventually OE outer coat is damaged. Sealant procedure seems to be safer to me.

I have got the sealant treatment done@3k INR at the time of purchase of the car which was followed by enrichment polish FOC 6 months later.

Thread Starter #124
Back from sailing, and feel glad to be able to be back on Manza's driver seat. My brother had told me that LH side tail lamp cluster has a crack (hit by someone at traffic signal [anger]). Though minor, I hated it and got the lamp cluster changed. 17000 kms on ODO. still 3000 more to go for 4th free servicing. But since I would be goinf for a long drive of about 5000 kms, I thought it would be wise to go for an early servicing. I called up Aadya motors, and they obliged promptly.
The car has been doing well since 3rd free service. Unlike earlier this time, my defect list is quite small.
  • Clutch travel not smooth.
  • AC blower making peculiar noise.
I went at morning and job was started immediately. Decided to stay there, overlooking the jobs being done. When the car was lifted up they found a dent in engine sump and plastic guard broken. I was surprised, as I dont remember bumping into somewhere! SA said I can get away without replacement. But I went for a replacement. And because of this, the job cant be completed before 6 pm. The gasket sealant needs to dry up before oil is poured in. So I head back home and come back afternoon. Sealant seems to have dried up. Engine oil poured in. Alignment done. AC blower filter was removed, and found 70% choked. Filter renewed and sound gone.
Clutch was adjusted, but I feel the problem has not gone completely. Washing and cleaning postponed to a later date as it was too late. Total expenses Rs 3043.
Engine feels smoother after oil change.
Overall, I find myself amongst the satisfied Manza owners. Had never let me down.

Last edited:
Overall, I find myself amongst the satisfied Manza owners. Had never let me down.
Nearing 40,000kms on the odo... My car has traveled on lots of real bad roads and each time I used to be scared of the wheels falling off/punctures... from all the noise that comes from the tyres. But when I hit the good roads everything is back to normal and brings a grin to my face.

My car's clutch is much harder than a swift dezire. But I have become used to it. Not sure about other Manzas.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #127
I can say that clutch of Manza is relatively harder from many other cars in same league. I'm OK with that as long as its smooth. I too am used to it now. Will visit tomorrow morning again to check the clutch. I hope its not an indication of any bigger problem. The clutch travel is smooth till before towards the end. Say about after 80% of clutch travel, the movement of clutch is not smooth. Anyone faced such issue?

My manza is now running with 3rd clutch , and still the last 20% clutch travel is little bit hard.
Thats quite surprising, has the clutch plate gone bad in 45K kms? I hope its being replaced under warranty.
First clutch replacement is done @38000 km .Now car is 42kkm run.
I asked him to call a taxi

They measured the clutch hardness with force meter which turned out to be 13 to 14 , which was within normal limits .I wasn't surprised as the clutch becomes hard only after 5 to 10 km city drive
For first replacement they charged me Rs 6 k approx.
Second replacement was done FOC under warranty.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #129
Today morning went to Aadya motors for the pending wash. The clutch problem disappeared. All of a sudden, clutch felt smooth. Might have been air in the system.[confused] I hope it doesn't recur.
Today I saw my car being washed from a distance. Believe me, the way they cleaned in detail, I got fed up.[lol] Really. It was very close to 3M standards. And its difficult to clean my car interiors because its full of my dog's hair.

Top Bottom