Mitsubishi Lancer SLXi (Limited Edition)

Wow, a trip to Pnue to Ooty? that's awesome buddy!

Have a safe and happy trip! and we are waiting for a very excellent travelogue eagerly!

350Z

Core Team
[The PunisheR];76311 said:
Alright! Serviced the car. Changed the Engine oil from normal to Fully Synthetic Castrol Magnatec 5w40. Couldn't find Mobil1 in Pune. So anyways, the ride quality is awesome! Could feel the difference! Engine is smooth as butter, better mileage too. Installed interior LEDs, pics coming soon :D Going for a long drive with family to Ooty!
Congratulations, and more pictures are always welcome. How much mileage you are getting from the car? (Especially the before-after difference). Happy journey. Looking forward to more updates and an interesting travelogue too. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #19
Used to get around 9-10 kmpl in city with full time AC on. Now seems it has increased because of the fully synthetic oil. Fuel needle dropping much slower! Gonna check the mileage on highway now :D Also would take a lot of photographs on this tour! Destinations to visit are Ooty and Coorg!!

First thing I'm gonna do after I return is put in a 4 channel amp instead of the 2 channel amp which I have now. Also, need to change the headlamp units. Any suggestions where I could get a used 4 channel amp are welcome.

The drive is good between ooty and Coorg, You can also visit Mudhumalai forest santury on the way. then Mysore and Coorg ( madekari ). I still remember that road from ooty to mudhumalai which has 39 very short hairpin bends . love to drive on that road anyday !
just give way to the upcoming vehicles .

Be safe and have a happy journey.

Last edited:
Punisher -- Nice modded lancer. By the way, does synthetic oil causes increase in mileage? Which is the best suited for i10?

ilango -- Your car was also fantastically modded. Really liked it.

coorg -- I love this place. Believe me, after traveling across UK(though not entire Europe), and Americas, I feel India is the best to roam around. Anyways sorry for going off topic.

Thread Starter #23
Punisher -- Nice modded lancer. By the way, does synthetic oil causes increase in mileage? Which is the best suited for i10?

ilango -- Your car was also fantastically modded. Really liked it.

coorg -- I love this place. Believe me, after traveling across UK(though not entire Europe), and Americas, I feel India is the best to roam around. Anyways sorry for going off topic.
Fully Synthetic is much better and lasts longer than normal mineral based oil. Check the recommended grade for synthetic oil in your i10's manual.. Mobil1, Castrol, Shell make good quality synthetic oils.

@Punisher: Very neatly modded Lancer buddy. The gearlever and the steering is looking nice compared to the boring old wheel. IMO try getting the interiors revamped.
Even I have it in mind.. will do by next month ;) First need to put in a 4 channel amp and change the headlamp units.

@ [The PunisheR] congrats buddy for your cool car .
You have got everything all I had dream t of in my car here is the list.
1. TYPE TWO BONNET EVEN THOUGH MY CAR IS 2002 i didn't get type two .
2. Black colour no one in my family will accept black except me[cry]
3 .good gear knob fantastic , i will also try to get one.

A question to you after using synthetic oil you have found the engine noise slowed down? did they flush the engine before changing the oil?
What is the grade of the oil?

Thread Starter #25
Alright! Had a clicking sound from the front right suspension while steering so changed front both suspension bearings and rubber bushes. Air filter changed to Bosch. Acceleration is amazing, thanks to Fully Synthetic Oil I guess. Also, noticed an improvement in fuel efficiency! Tomorrow leaving for Ooty :D Its gonna be a long long ride.. No halts! My tyres got Nitrogen now.

@ [The PunisheR] congrats buddy for your cool car .
You have got everything all I had dream t of in my car here is the list.
1. TYPE TWO BONNET EVEN THOUGH MY CAR IS 2002 i didn't get type two .
2. Black colour no one in my family will accept black except me[cry]
3 .good gear knob fantastic , i will also try to get one.

A question to you after using synthetic oil you have found the engine noise slowed down? did they flush the engine before changing the oil?
What is the grade of the oil?
Thanks, Yes, got it flushed before changing the oil. The oil is Castrol Magnatec 5w40. The engine sounds very smooth and acceleration is fantastic! Doesnt feel like a stock car for some reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you buddy very much .I too have a tour for a marriage function to valparai this month around 21-23.
Best wishes for your journey to the queen of hills.

Thread Starter #27
Okay folks, need some help.. I am in ooty now. Will be going to Mysore and Bangalore by tomorrow. Can anyone suggest me a good mechanic or garage who really know stuff about a lancer? There is some problem with the radiator fan. The fuse keeps blowing up. I'm managing by keeping the bonnet lose and ac fan on.

[The PunisheR];77493 said:
Okay folks, need some help.. I am in ooty now. Will be going to Mysore and Bangalore by tomorrow. Can anyone suggest me a good mechanic or garage who really know stuff about a lancer? There is some problem with the radiator fan. The fuse keeps blowing up. I'm managing by keeping the bonnet lose and ac fan on.
Blowing of fuse , continuous means some wire is being shorted

Hope in a highway drive , there is no need of radiator fan , just stop for a while if the temperature rises . take night drives to be more safe.

How come you keep bonet loose? you mean in open position. that may fly over and hit the windshield.

Bangalore has lot of good mechanic , also authorised service i hope .

Okay folks, need some help.. I am in ooty now. Will be going to Mysore and Bangalore by tomorrow. Can anyone suggest me a good mechanic or garage who really know stuff about a lancer? There is some problem with the radiator fan.
I am not at all familiar with Ooty, still i could manage some addresses of the automobile workshops there. Hope the information helps.

M.T.P. Auto service centre
No.77,Murugan Ladge,
Compound,
Ettins Road,
Udagamandalam

Sri Mahalakshmi Auto Garage
182-E, Vani Vilas Compound,
Baikey Road, Ooty-643 001

Walsham Auto Garage
No.140, Walsham oad, Green Fields,
Udagamandalam-643 001

The fuse keeps blowing up. I'm managing by keeping the bonnet lose and ac fan on.
+1 to Ilango's advice.
The open bonnet is very risky. A bump is enough to let it fly and hit the windshield. IMO get you car inspected at some workshop in Ooty itself. Try the above mentioned centers and do let me know if the info helps else i will try to get addresses of some more shops.

Thread Starter #30
Thanks for your replies friends :) radiator fan has been connected directly and working fine now. Will check the wiring faults once back in pune. Now at a dhaba outside Mysore, having lunch. Cya soon!

Top Bottom