Maruti 800 (SS80) - An Indian Classic

Hey guys. .. my ss80 badly need a petrol tank. It is corrosioned inside and the iron particles coming inside carburetor and lacking throttle response.
Please help me out to find a solution for this or a decent petrol tank. Any other vehicles tank can be replaced. I tried type 1 tank but need to cut body (underneath the rear seat)[roll]
If any fellow members having any spare please please pm me.
I am from kerala.
Had one spare tank but unfortunately my mechanic throughout while cleaning is shop for aayudha pooja [frustration]

Hi kriaz8100, Its a very nicely maintained car. Sad to know about the fuel tank issue. The only option to keep the car in stock condition is to search for a used tank.

There are reliable jugaad options like installing a aftermarket plastic tank in the boot space. I have seen plastic tanks being used in maruti800s by wall of death drivers. They use 5ltrs tank but tanks are available in 10 and 15 ltrs too.
I'll try to find out more about this.
Also you can use tata nano's fuel tank. Its small but can be fittend in the boot space

Hi kriaz8100, Its a very nicely maintained car. Sad to know about the fuel tank issue. The only option to keep the car in stock condition is to search for a used tank.

There are reliable jugaad options like installing a aftermarket plastic tank in the boot space. I have seen plastic tanks being used in maruti800s by wall of death drivers. They use 5ltrs tank but tanks are available in 10 and 15 ltrs too.
I'll try to find out more about this.
Also you can use tata nano's fuel tank. Its small but can be fittend in the boot space

Thanks for your time buddy....
The boot space tank is a good idea. Even one of my friend suggested me that. If I couldn't find any tank I have to settle for tank inside my boot only. Problem is my boot space is already packed with speakers and 12" Woofer. [cry]
Any tank from paggio or other 3 wheelers tank that can be replaced original tank space ?

Thanks for your time buddy....
The boot space tank is a good idea. Even one of my friend suggested me that. If I couldn't find any tank I have to settle for tank inside my boot only. Problem is my boot space is already packed with speakers and 12" Woofer. [cry]
Any tank from paggio or other 3 wheelers tank that can be replaced original tank space ?
Piaggio ape 3 wheeler tank may fit in the M800's fuel tank area

Is there any methods to remove the rust inside tank ?
While googling I found that vinegar can clean the rust other idea was Electrolysis. Will these Ideas will work out ?

Experts please reply

Is there any methods to remove the rust inside tank ?
While googling I found that vinegar can clean the rust other idea was Electrolysis. Will these Ideas will work out ?

Experts please reply
There are many ways of doing rust removal like electrolysis and chemical coating inside the tank.In exceptional cases even painting can be done inside the tank.
The financial part is more important here.Unless the car is an absolute vintage don't go for any of this.
You can also get the old tanks (may be repaired ) from Calicut or Cochin too.
Don't go for a 15 L tank .It will be too small.
You really need a local mechanic to help you out .

Yesterday I called my welder friend. He said that the patch can be repaired by tinkering. Its safe to do so but the tinkered area should be painted properly.

There are many ways of doing rust removal like electrolysis and chemical coating inside the tank.In exceptional cases even painting can be done inside the tank.
The financial part is more important here.Unless the car is an absolute vintage don't go for any of this.
You can also get the old tanks (may be repaired ) from Calicut or Cochin too.
Don't go for a 15 L tank .It will be too small.
You really need a local mechanic to help you out .
Financial part is not an issue here generalmax. All I need a proper tank. Used and in good condition. Dont have much contact in calicut but planning a day visit and check out the scrap yard. The problem is I am not getting enough time in between my work and traveling up and down calicut means need whole day.

Do you have any idea where it can be cleaned and chemical coated it. Ready to spend 2 to 3k for it. I don't think it won't cost more than that.

Yesterday I called my welder friend. He said that the patch can be repaired by tinkering. Its safe to do so but the tinkered area should be painted properly.
Shantanu.lko its not damaged or rusted outside but inside the tank. May be he was talking about outside of the tank that can be repaired by any welder.

Top Bottom