Hyderabad - Kannur (Kerala) in My Getz CRDI

Thread Starter #46

zengetz

Suspended
Hi Edwin ! Reached thallaserry last night and thanks a ton for the route. The roads are very good and scenic.

I took the following route :

Mysore - by pass road that shows calicut board to escape city traffic - followed road to HD kote - bavali -mantadvadi - kootparamba - thallaserry :)

Complete route from Hyderabad to thallaserry is great except for a 13km stretch between HD kote and bavali. It took me a good hour off roading my getz to cover 13km.

Took some good photos in the forest reserve and came across a wild elephant. Will put pics up after I get back

Thanks again !

i'm back to kannur after spending leave at hyderabad. the road from hunsur-perambadi is a shade worser than 15 days back. once it starts raining it will get worser. what i heard from a friend is that karnataka has agreed to do up the road from Hunsur-Makutta shortly. it has come after representation from kerala that there is no GOOD 24 hour open axis from karnataka to kerala. as the wayanad axis gets closed at bandipur at sunset . project cost is 40 crores. lets hope we get a decent road soon.

Thread Starter #48

zengetz

Suspended
Hi Edwin! Looks like our timing is funny when you reached hyd I started my journey to kannur and just when you reached back I starting my journey back to hyd tomorrow early doors :)

I'm planning to take the virajpet route back as I hear from local folks the roads are great. I'm tempted to take this route to avoid that terrible 13km stretch before HD kote.

Also Bharat bandh seems to be a spoiler as my only worry is may not get a chance to refuel.

What do you advise ?

Thanks !

Top Bottom