How To Clean Tar Spots?

Re: How to remove tar spots?

^^Very simple solution for this issue is available at our filling stations is PETROL, I guess it will be helpful. But take care, wipe it off the paint using a dry cloth as soon as the cleaning is done.
Wont it damage the paint work?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

don't put petrol but diesel. diesel won't damage the paint.

if i were you i'd get a tar remover spray. it'll losen the tear and you can just wipe it off.so go to the car market and ask for the item.

^^I have already mentioned that you need to keep a dry cloth and wipe the petrol off as soon as the cleaning is done. Petrol can damage the pain only in case it is allowed to st on the surface for a while but if it's wiped off same time and then slight washing is done then no issues at all.

i use diesel. never tried petrol though. never had any problem with the paint fading. thinner i wouldn't advise as it will damage the paint.

Thread Starter #21

Anand

But for me, it is very simple

Whenever I found some tar marks, I use car cleaning shampoo in those areas. I apply the shampoo liquid on those areas and keep it wet for sometime and then wipe it with a wet clean cloth and they disappear[:)]

Anand

Whenever I found some tar marks, I use car cleaning shampoo in those areas. I apply the shampoo liquid on those areas and keep it wet for sometime and then wipe it with a wet clean cloth and they disappear[:)]
What kind of shampoo? I have tried Amway and Formula 1 shampoo, but the marks are still there!

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Anand

What kind of shampoo? I have tried Amway and Formula 1 shampoo, but the marks are still there!
i don't think shampoo will remove these. i mean it'll help only if you rub that tar vigrously which is not recommended. it will harm the paint even more.

So formula1 car wax will solve my prob? I will get one from e-bay!
wax, i don't know who suggested you this[roll] but wax will protect the tar.

the purpose of wax is to apply another coat of protection. and if you apply wax before cleaning the tar it'll protect it.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...dai-verna-fluidic-1-6-vtvt-22.html#post168374

best option is to get tar removal spray or something like that. i won't recommend anything else.

Today I noticed my new Verna is having very small and tinny tar spots on it. It is mainly to front bumper and back bumber . But after close look I can see some spots on my windshield also. Can somebody help me what to use? I search on net and found Diesel with shampoo is good solution. But anybody used it ? what about paint due to this ? can I use same for windshield and window glass also ?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
diesel won't harm the paint but still get a tar spot remover from the market. they are hard to remove so if you rub vigorously you will end up scratching the paint. and no , use colin or another windshield cleaner instead.

Last edited:
Hi amol1110,

Actually there are special products that could be used to remove tar from auto bodies which will not harm the paint. But most of the petroleum based liquid products (Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene etc...) could dissolve tar. But I am not sure what are the effects on paint when they are regularly used. Recently I used Kerosene to wipe away the tar spots on my newly painted M800 then washed the Kerosene away with car washing liquid.

When you apply Kerosene etc... don't rub hardly. Let Kerosene or Diesel run over tar spot dissolve it and rub gently. That's how I did it.

Last edited:

Top Bottom