How Fast Have You Gone On Your Ride??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuff Cooldhaya. It is easy to see that truecitylover and recycle-art are talking through their hats.
As much as I'd love to argue with you, I figured you just aren't worth my time. If you didn't know, me and cooldhaya exchanged a few PM's and I was cool with that, and would like to thank him for enlightening me.

But what you just said, I find that very offensive [anger]. I was merely voicing my opinion, and which I felt was better. I may have been wrong...

Heck, recycle-art doesn't even know that the Verna diesel has a VGT, so do the Linea diesel and the Vento diesel.
Yeah, I didn't know the Verna came equipped with turbochargers because when I was in India I was 13/14 years old and all I cared about was how the car looked, only started looking at the specs of cars very recently and its just not worth my time trying to read through the engine specification of every car in India.

But then, I don't care what some random person on the internet thinks about me. I do know my cars, and I enjoy them, not just by clocking unsafe speeds but by enjoying it for what it is. [:D]

As much as I'd love to argue with you, I figured you just aren't worth my time. If you didn't know, me and cooldhaya exchanged a few PM's and I was cool with that, and would like to thank him for enlightening me.

But what you just said, I find that very offensive [anger]. I was merely voicing my opinion, and which I felt was better. I may have been wrong...

Yeah, I didn't know the Verna came equipped with turbochargers because when I was in India I was 13/14 years old and all I cared about was how the car looked, only started looking at the specs of cars very recently and its just not worth my time trying to read through the engine specification of every car in India.

But then, I don't care what some random person on the internet thinks about me. I do know my cars, and I enjoy them, not just by clocking unsafe speeds but by enjoying it for what it is. [:D]
haha true that mate :) enjoy what you got doesn't matter about the top speed.
Turbo diesels :p aren't a new concept They actually work more efficiently when turbo'ed

@ topic: I've driven my skyline to 180 kmph with no problems at all in abt 11 seconds (0-180kmph) but I tell you . its not the wisest thing to do.
Please be safe

haha true that mate :) enjoy what you got doesn't matter about the top speed.
Turbo diesels :p aren't a new concept They actually work more efficiently when turbo'ed

@ topic: I've driven my skyline to 180 kmph with no problems at all in abt 11 seconds (0-180kmph) but I tell you . its not the wisest thing to do.
Please be safe
[:)] They seem to have missed the point too where I tell them I enjoy driving my Dad's turbo diesel. Its a bloody brilliant engine. I knew TD's were around for a while, just wasn't sure in which cars though.

As you've stated, I've done some speed runs too, but always in my comfort zone. I just don't want to push a car to its limits just because you can, no car is designed to do that.

Again I request everyone to keep it safe and dont turn public roads into a venue for disaster. 14 people die every single hour in India on the roads and you could be the reason or for worse the next in line.

So could we all stop playing with the speedo on public roads. If you can't resist the urge, then make use of the paid facilities in the two race tracks available in South India. Believe me its fun and you wont need to worry about anything but the lap times.

Here's how to go for it:MMSC - Madras Motor Sports Club

Drive Safe[thumbsup]

Again I request everyone to keep it safe and dont turn public roads into a venue for disaster. 14 people die every single hour in India on the roads and you could be the reason or for worse the next in line.

So could we all stop playing with the speedo on public roads. If you can't resist the urge, then make use of the paid facilities in the two race tracks available in South India. Believe me its fun and you wont need to worry about anything but the lap times.

Here's how to go for it:MMSC - Madras Motor Sports Club

Drive Safe[thumbsup]
This man speaks the truth. [:)]
Ever only been to one track day till now, even though I went there in a 1.3L Carby Holden Barina, it was hella fun. I did not regret taking it there.

Last edited:
@ Recycle-Art Glad to know you are cool with me , and sorry if me too had offended you previously. [cheers] Yes i understand that you cannot just know the specifications of all the Indian cars , and i think you would not have argued with me if you had known Verna was turbocharged at first place. Difference of opinions do happen in a public forum , i have had my share of arguements with few members here but still we continue to be good friends.

@ Jalex Am sorry if our arguements had irked you. But seriously i think i mentioned this somewhere else too in the forum , it is because of you i am a much more responsible driver now. I used to drive fast and rash and race with all cars in the highways when i got a new car. But after seeing your posts , your videos i understood the perils of driving fast. Seriously i am a much better driver now and i never cross 100kmph even if the road ahead is empty! Yes sometimes still i race with other drivers who try to show-off with their rides but that is very very rare. Am sorry again and i promise i will never do anything stupid on road and risk my own life and others lives too.

@ Recycle-Art Glad to know you are cool with me , and sorry if me too had offended you previously. [cheers] Yes i understand that you cannot just know the specifications of all the Indian cars , and i think you would not have argued with me if you had known Verna was turbocharged at first place. Difference of opinions do happen in a public forum , i have had my share of arguements with few members here but still we continue to be good friends.
No worries mate [:)] nah, your posts were rather mild and not offensive.
Exactly, I drive a turbo diesel daily and I know the difference between them. I literally feel the boost planting me back. ah the sound of a turbo spooling up [:D]

@ Jalex Am sorry if our arguements had irked you. But seriously i think i mentioned this somewhere else too in the forum , it is because of you i am a much more responsible driver now. I used to drive fast and rash and race with all cars in the highways when i got a new car. But after seeing your posts , your videos i understood the perils of driving fast. Seriously i am a much better driver now and i never cross 100kmph even if the road ahead is empty! Yes sometimes still i race with other drivers who try to show-off with their rides but that is very very rare. Am sorry again and i promise i will never do anything stupid on road and risk my own life and others lives too.
Dhaya, I am not irked by you for anything. I just feel sorry when I see people die on the roads and its getting more frequent these days.

In my line of work we plead for Road Traffic Accident victims and offenders at court and its so disturbing to see maimed or paralysed people every week or two and learn all about those who got killed. It hurts a lot to see people with amputated body parts after accidents, unmarried young females with gruesome scars on their faces. All the money in the world can't fix or cure them.

Many things I've personally had to endure and experience as a witness or the first person to be on scene at accidents are too graphic to even describe here.

I had already made my points before here:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...fast-have-you-gone-your-ride-8.html#post66276
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...fast-have-you-gone-your-ride-8.html#post66547

And I'm happy a winner if one person reconsiders his strategies on roads after learning facts.

P.S: Please watch the video posted here if you still haven't http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ast-have-you-gone-your-ride-17.html#post89518

Last edited:
Yep, drove a verna CRDI. And my Dad used to own a Honda city ZX which I felt at that time the city was far more superior performance wise.
Even the non-vtec (DOHC) models civics go pretty hard, from personal experience. I never said all diesels are sluggish, but foot down perofrmance goes straight to petrol. I drive my Dad's 2.0 Turbo Diesel Skoda Superb now, a brilliant car at it minus the initial turbo lag. I;m sure the CRDI we are talking about here isn't turbo, so yeah, I still stand on my theory that it will be sluggish when compared with a Honda City. Maybe the city wasn't even trying to race you? he probably was just giving his car a go...? so many reasons why you might have passed him.

Not having a go at you or anything, but I honestly think it isn't possible. In the end nothing matters when you're an enthusiast, its not just about speed.

[:)]
Recycle-art, you admit you don't know the specs of the cars you are talking about here, you didn't know the Verna diesel had a turbo and you have smugly reached the conclusion that a Verna diesel can't beat a City petrol? You have even almost accused cooldhaya of having made up his story of the Verna outracing the City! You 'honestly think it is not possible?' You 'feel' the City's (even the second gen one) engine is "far superior" and while the gearbox of the Honda is great, that of the Hyundai is ****ty? Just because one is a diesel and the other burns petrol!

Your comments would have made sense had it been alleged that the Verna had outperformed a BMW 650i or an Audi 4.2 FSI Quattro or a Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640 for that matter; hell it is just the ANHC!

And when this is pointed out to you by 'a random person' on the internet, you act mighty offended?!!! We are talking about cars available in India, being driven fast on Indian roads mate.

As much as I love getting into discussions with people who know their cars; insinuations, smug conclusions based on knowledge that falls somewhat short of profound and pontifications based on such gyan get my goat big time. If you voice strong opinions, be prepared for strong ripostes.

Guys guys relax , lets not fight about this issue. Let's forget the Verna Vs City debate![cheers]

Recycle-art i am really sorry if i am the one who started this started this needless arguement.

Navtej buddy relax chill out , he din't know the Verna had the VGT and he since has moved out of India he may not be knowing the specifications of all the cars here. Let's stop this discussion here bro or else we will be facing a stern action from the mods.

End of discussion buddies , please no more Verna Vs City or for that matter any other performance comparison of cars in this segment. Let's not fight and spoil the decorum of this forum.[cheers]

Guys guys relax , lets not fight about this issue. Let's forget the Verna Vs City debate!

Recycle-art i am really sorry if i am the one who started this started this needless arguement.

Navtej buddy relax chill out , he din't know the Verna had the VGT and he since has moved out of India he may not be knowing the specifications of all the cars here. Let's stop this discussion here bro or else we will be facing a stern action from the mods.
Yup, I am cool with it. I apologise to Recycle-art, think I over-reacted.

And yes, speeding even on our 'expressways' is a silly thing to do, especially if you are driving with your kids onboard. I wholeheartedly endorse what Jalex has so eloquently pointed out.

I am a doctor myself and I've seen what an RTA (Roadtraffic accident in medspeak) can do to you. Point taken guys.

[:)] They seem to have missed the point too where I tell them I enjoy driving my Dad's turbo diesel. Its a bloody brilliant engine. I knew TD's were around for a while, just wasn't sure in which cars though.

As you've stated, I've done some speed runs too, but always in my comfort zone. I just don't want to push a car to its limits just because you can, no car is designed to do that.
yeah true man .no need
hey am looking for a car now :p dont wana spend 13+ grands what do u reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom