How Fast Have You Gone On Your Ride??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Verna CRDi is a superb car. It scores high on its engine.
I have done 160Kmph on my Accent CRDi at Aluva - Angamaly NH47 stretch. So let alone the Verna.

thats the maximum, punto90hp can spin tire.
beyond that it seems manufacturer has locked the engine rev.

OT: Jayadev that is one great pic I have seen for Speedo! [:)] Generally they are all blurry or not done properly.
It is because generally driver tries to take a picture and risking his life just for a photograph. Whereas, in this photo, someone from the rear seat took the charge of photograph and hence excellent result.

Jayadev, please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
Jayadev so 170 is the top speed is it , i would say not bad enough for a hatch.

And about the picture , mostly people take it with mobile cameras and this is taken with a DSLR that is why the difference IMO![;)]

And about the picture , mostly people take it with mobile cameras and this is taken with a DSLR that is why the difference IMO![;)]
Good observation Dhaya [thumbsup]. I think you are right but again who took it and who was driving ? Cannot be same person for sure.

It is because generally driver tries to take a picture and risking his life just for a photograph. Whereas, in this photo, someone from the rear seat took the charge of photograph and hence excellent result.
shailinder , you are absolutely right.

yes . in 4rth gear it revs upto 5200rpm doing150kmph. in5th gear 4100rpm only . i think max speed is set in electronically in engine.neverthless such speeds are useless in our car.even 120 is overkill in our roads.

And about the picture , mostly people take it with mobile cameras and this is taken with a DSLR that is why the difference IMO!
extra good roads (Bangalore-chennai), vibration free car, stable hands and good camera(nikonD90). credit goes to my younger brother.

Last edited:
thats the maximum, punto90hp can spin tire.
beyond that it seems manufacturer has locked the engine rev.
Dont do this to ur car man why are you pushing that car to limits. 90 hp is nothing and these cars are meant for economy not performance.These engines aren't built for what your doing.
My car had 300+ horses and I was still scared to take it at higher speed. Why man? you spent money on one of those.

Hey buddy this is India , don't compare it with cars in your place.[:)] A 90HP hatch is a performance premium hatch in India. And yes almost all the cars inside the 10Lakh bracket here are meant for economy , not performance.

Lets not go further OT , get back to the main topic , top-speed.

I know that man I am from India my roots are there. Keep yourself safe don't act stupid whilest on the road.
How FAST have you gone doesn't kill you.

Suddenly getting stationary thats what gets you. and you know this quote.
Please guys drive safe.
If you wana test speed please goto Track .

thanks No offense

Finally somebody who agrees with me![cheers] Not just beyond 120kmph , to be quite frank i have still not tested the point where the engine runs out of breath! I have gone upto 180kmph and still the car accelerated and looked to go more , i din't have the chance to go more than that. No wonder my friend was able to clock 200kmph!
Great stuff Cooldhaya. It is easy to see that truecitylover and recycle-art are talking through their hats.

In this very thread, I have posted pics of my 90 hp petrol Linea doing 180 kmph. Verna CRDi doing 180 has been posted by several members. I have driven my friend Col Kishore's brand new ANHC and believe you me, it is unresponsive man. You got to pile on the revs to make it move fast. I have never seen an ANHC guy doing 150+ on the fabulous roads we have in this part of India and the only guys giving me a stiff competition have been the ones driving the Accent petrols and the Verna diesels (I am talking only of the C-segment cars).

Heck, recycle-art doesn't even know that the Verna diesel has a VGT, so do the Linea diesel and the Vento diesel for that matter and all these cars have superb in-gear acceleration in 3rd and 4th gears which is the true measure of a car's performace in the real world.

Some guys here are great fans of the 0-100 kmph times which are achieved by torturing the engine to its redline (usually 100 kmph is hit in 2nd gear itself). Nobody in his right senses would do that in everyday driving. Means all 3 diesels mentioned above would leave the ANHC biting dust and so would the Linea T-jet Petrol with its massive diesel car-like 21.1 kgm of torque.

[lol]As to why the relatively puny 90 hp Linea, which I have, blows the socks off the ANHC, I think the real reason why the City guys chicken out is because of a suspension that is not great by any stretch of imagination and those weedy tyres which howl and protest losing traction easily above 150 kmph. You could say the heart is willing but the body is not!

I would like to conclude by saying a car doesn't become fast and hot by buying off certain car journalists, it has to have substance to be able to do that.

My Max is 220 in VW Passat 2.0 TDi (sorry, pic is not clear)

View attachment 2612

Optra 2.0 TCDi - 210kmph
View attachment 2613

Scorpio 2.6 CRDe - 170kmph
View attachment 2614

Frnd's Xylo - 170kmph
View attachment 2615
Fantastic shots torque.addict. Man you got to have balls of steel to go above 180 kmph. Here of course you have comfortably gone over 210 kmph. Hats off to you!

Never mind the blurring, the pictures are clear enough. Just one question, are/ were all of these cars owned by you? If yes, then you are one rich bugger with nerves of steel![clap]

My Max is 220 in VW Passat 2.0 TDi (sorry, pic is not clear)

View attachment 2612

Optra 2.0 TCDi - 210kmph
View attachment 2613

Scorpio 2.6 CRDe - 170kmph
View attachment 2614

Frnd's Xylo - 170kmph
View attachment 2615
Torque.addict, these photos give a fitting reply to all Doubting Thomases here who think petrol-powered cars are superior to or faster than their diesel counterparts. I own a petrol car myself but that decision was purely based on economic cosideratios. Loved your pics![cheers]

Great stuff Cooldhaya. It is easy to see that truecitylover and recycle-art are talking through their hats.

In this very thread, I have posted pics of my 90 hp petrol Linea doing 180 kmph. Verna CRDi doing 180 has been posted by several members. I have driven my friend Col Kishore's brand new ANHC and believe you me, it is unresponsive man. You got to pile on the revs to make it move fast. I have never seen an ANHC guy doing 150+ on the fabulous roads we have in this part of India and the only guys giving me a stiff competition have been the ones driving the Accent petrols and the Verna diesels (I am talking only of the C-segment cars).

Heck, recycle-art doesn't even know that the Verna diesel has a VGT, so do the Linea diesel and the Vento diesel for that matter and all these cars have superb in-gear acceleration in 3rd and 4th gears which is the true measure of a car's performace in the real world.

Some guys here are great fans of the 0-100 kmph times which are achieved by torturing the engine to its redline (usually 100 kmph is hit in 2nd gear itself). Nobody in his right senses would do that in everyday driving. Means all 3 diesels mentioned above would leave the ANHC biting dust and so would the Linea T-jet Petrol with its massive diesel car-like 21.1 kgm of torque.

[lol]As to why the relatively puny 90 hp Linea, which I have, blows the socks off the ANHC, I think the real reason why the City guys chicken out is because of a suspension that is not great by any stretch of imagination and those weedy tyres which howl and protest losing traction easily above 150 kmph. You could say the heart is willing but the body is not!

I would like to conclude by saying a car doesn't become fast and hot by buying off certain car journalists, it has to have substance to be able to do that.

Agreed with you buddy but lets not get into this topic again![cheers] Vento , Verna , Linea and City are good performers i would call none of them slow but its just that City though being a petrol still can be beaten easily. 0-100kmph timings of Verna CRDI and City are almost same and that itself is a proof that City though being a petrol still can be beaten easily by modern diesels in this segment.

I wanted to prove the above lines in bold , that is why decided to strengthen my case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom