Honda City i-VTEC: Technical Issues & Solutions

I wish to convert this into a long term review thread. Mods, please move the thread to appropriate section if needed.

I have been using my Honda City for a couple of months now. The car starts on petrol and switches to CNG instantly. There is no run time for petrol after that. so almost 100% on CNG. I manually swith to petrol in between so that the petrol is also used. The previous owner said that changing the switch to another make can give it some time to run on petrol before it switches to CNG.

Anyways, I faced an issue recently. One fine evening, the car stalled and refused to start while on petrol. So I started it n CNG and continued my journey. I met a local mechanic and without looking he said that the fuel pump needs to be changed. When we opened the pump, we found that one of the internal petrol pipes (the black pipes) in the fuel pump was cracked. He asked me to order a used petrol pump from Kurla CST road market. I thought its better to change to a new housing so bought one for about Rs. 1200.

1637214103578.png

After I changed the housing and the pump was reinstalled the engine ran well for sometime and then I noticed that the engine hesitates when I press the accelerator. So I opened the central console to see if the flow or petrol is good.
I connected a transparent plastic tube to the pump outlet and noticed that air bubbles appear after about a minute. So th engine starts ok, runs wel for about 30 sec and then strats suffocating and then stalls.
1637214349248.jpeg

I removed the hoses 1,2 and 3. When I removed hose 3, I heard a whistling sound for 10-15 secs and then it was gone, probably vacumn or pressurised fumes. Only pipe no 1 had fuel in it, the other 2 were dry. Shouldnt there be a return line and if 2/3 are the return lines, shouldn't there be some petrol in them?

So, before going banck to the mechanic,
1. I want to know if my assumptions are correct or there is a seperate return line that I am not able to locate.
2. Where is the high pressure line that goes to the injectors located? There are many hoses in the engine bay and its sort of confusing me.

Top Bottom