- Sep 7, 2014
- Delhi-NCR/ Mumbai
I am sure many of you like me would be owning the 3rd Gen I-Vtec Honda City. I have owned this car since 2011 October and till date by god's grace haven't faced any sort of major fault. Though design wise there have been issues from OEM's side which have been rectified by me to my best possible capability but still there are certain issues which yet remain unaddressed.
Following are the issues (all inclusive) in the 3rd Generation Honda CITY Ivtec.
* Poor OEM Horns: Replaced with Hella
* Poor Wipers: Replaced with Hella Dyna
* Ground Clearance is bad: Sliced off my car's front mud flaps hence problem is much in control now. Total expense was Rs. 20 around 2-3 years ago.
* Tyres are smaller than what they should be. It came with 175 Section tyres and till date mine is running on the same ones. Expected to change them to 185 or 195 Section.
* Headlamps: OEM headlamps are very weak and in night time too they are of not much help. My Esteem's headlamps are better in comparison and so are the SX4's as well. So I temporarily changed bulbs with Philips Vision bulbs and marginal difference during night was felt.
* ODO Meter: The ODO meter is also malfunctioning. The DTE Feature and FE are never accurate. This is yet not addressed either by me or by OEM.
* Airbag Sensors of both front airbags are faulty from OEM's end. Did the reporting to Honda and yet to have an official revert from Dealer's end.
Apart from the above issues, there have been no untoward issues with the car in 4 years. I have listed above some solutions too with regards to issues of this car. If you are an owner of 3rd gen CITY and have experienced a issue or have a good solution to offer please feel free to write here.
Since no thread was there to deal with the issues of this 3rd Gen Honda CITY Ivtec issues, so I began one.