Grooves For Engines

Thread Starter #31
That looks like a before and after pics.

The first set looks like a new head.

The later pics look like they were taken during an over haul.

The video shows two sets of grooves.

Not seen in the pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like a before and after pics.

The first set looks like a new head.

The later pics look like they were taken during an over haul.
all are after grooves, but are from different engines and different mechanics.

you can see above video, its not so precise, but it works.

Thread Starter #33
The flash part in the video shows two sets of grooves.

When the spark is causing combustion.

0.43 on the video timer.

Last edited:
The video shows two sets of grooves.

Not seen in the pics.

bro, all are from different source,

and i have seen 3 grooves per cylinder also. And mr. singh has done upto 13 grooves per cylinder !!

and yeah, that 0.43 sec. are showing different type of grooves, i have contacted mr. singh for that, they told me that you can make any one type of groove, and all are making grooves like in shown in video.

i have observed that grooves must be slant on exhaust valve side, you can see that clearly on 1st pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
bro, all are from different source,

and i have seen 3 grooves per cylinder also. And mr. singh has done upto 13 grooves per cylinder !!

and yeah, that 0.43 sec. are showing different type of grooves, i have contacted mr. singh for that, they told me that you can make any one type of groove, and all are making grooves like in shown in video.
As per Somenderji's Quotes, All we need to bother is creat more turbulance so we can make as many groves as possible without affecting critical and stress zones.

This is what I am referring to.

Different grooves and channels that need to be made.

Just one nick won't do.
most of people do only one or two , the pic is only for illustration of grooves, but yes, if you do more grooves,it will be good, but all depends on engine block only.

Are there any measurements and calculations to refer to or just cut away?
no, as per Mr. singh, its up to you, we have to do it trial & error way.

Thread Starter #41
If it were only that easy.

Loosen a few bolts and groove away.

Unlike others I have only one car and it has only one engine.

If it were only that easy.

Loosen a few bolts and groove away.

Unlike others I have only one car and it has only one engine.
same here [lol]

so, i have already told my uncle ( who owns a very good equipped workshop for four wheelers ) that if you got any customer who want to do some little experiment, then we can do grooves on his car.

so, just waiting for first Volunteer :)

got this from some forum
Don't worry about tracking down the grooved pistons...it's no big deal. Somender Singh's modifications were limited to work on the heads only. He is a "port by theory, feel, and testing" kind of guy and until the not to distant past had no access to formal flow bench testing equiptment, etc. He simply started out by testing an engine in a car, pulling the heads, doing his modifications keeping everything else the same, and reinstalling the heads and comparing the performance. A while back we were e-mailing back and forth with rather long winded question/answer periods. He is a very likable guy by the way. This was before he got decent access to some serious testing equiptment and started his website.
I have heard a good number of report from serious racers(mostly drag racers) who have done strait A-B test taking their heads off, cutting the grooves, putting the heads back on with everything else being exactly the same. They have almost universally been reporting noticably improved idling and low end torque numbers with longer duration cams. The exhaust temp is said to run cooler with much less carbon build-up from combustion chamber through exhaust pipes. All have reported significantly improved detonation resistance. I have heard plenty of people who have tried it and say good to great things, but I have yet to hear of anyone who has tried it and was disappointed. I am naturally very skeptical of the just sounds too logical and simple to be true, but the functional feedback I've found seems to be about 100%. Interesting!

BTW, attaching more pics for reference.

Attachments

i have some confusion,

if we groove it , then what happened to the gasket (packing) ??

i mean, due to slot (groove) , the combustion will directly get in touch with gasket !! (thats my assumption)

Top Bottom