Gear Shift Not Smooth

Thread Starter #1
hii everyone.
I am a newbie and I have a little problem while shifting gears. I feel it a little hard and rough what is the best way to allow smooth transition. why do i feel hard to change ..?

350Z

Core Team
Re: smooth gear shifting

Hello Praz, Welcome to The Automotive India. Does the clutch of your car engages correctly?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Re: Smooth Gear Shifting

thanx a ton :) yup the clutch engages correctly. some of the gear transition i find difficult like from 2nd to 3rd and vice versa and 4th to 2nd. does that indicate i need more practice ??

You haven't mentioned which car, how old & the odo reading.

BTW Welcome to TAI

Thread Starter #6

thnx a ton Mr Boss. i have a Hyundai i10 and its 4 months old 2000 kms only.
thnx @ mukeshus i wil do that.

thnx a ton Mr Boss.. i have a Hyundai i10..and its 4 months old...2000 kms only...
thnx @ mukeshus i wil do dat ..
Oh in that case the shifting becomes smooth once you drop the vehicle for 1st service.

Usually For i10 gear shifting is usually very smooth. This Problem mite be related to clutch. Is the play good ? check with any other service station other than which u r showing now. If shifting is so harder then it mite be a problem with sleeve synchroniser also.

Hello Praz welcome to TAI and congrats for your i10. Regarding the gear shifts , i10's gear shift is real smooth generally. Either you are not engaging the gear properly or there really is some problem with the car.

Geat Shift Not Smooth

Hi Guys
After driving my Fiesta for couple of days now i feel that the Gear shift is not smooth at all. The gear kind of gets stucked.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Geat Shift Not Smooth

May i know how many kms has your car clocked? The issue can be due to various reasons like clutch plate wear, gearbox related issue or any other minor one like improper pressing of clutch.

Re: Geat Shift Not Smooth

Hi Guys
My Car has only clocked about 130 KM. I had read in some other forum that due to the design of the area near the clutch we sometimes dont press the clutch fully.
So we have to use the tip of the foot to press the clutch fully.
I will try that today and let you guys know.

Thanks

Top Bottom