Gear Shift Not Smooth

Re: Geat Shift Not Smooth

Hi Guys
My Car has only clocked about 130 KM. I had read in some other forum that due to the design of the area near the clutch we sometimes dont press the clutch fully.
So we have to use the tip of the foot to press the clutch fully.
I will try that today and let you guys know.

Thanks
Well I do not know whether technically (your car specific) you cannot press clutch fully or not. But if you go by copy book or wants to increase life of your clutch plates. Start pressing them completely before going up or down on gears.

Did you have a test drive before finalizing the car ? Although the question is not relevant but did you experience it while taking test drive ! How smooth they were then ?

you have mentioned 4th to 2nd.. generally this is not a good practice when downshifting. If the vehicle is in move and you are trying to reduce the speed this way, this will cause serious damage to the engine.

It doesnt matter if you are trying to stop or the speedlimit is appropriate for the gear

In my 800, sometimes changing to 1st or reverse will be difficult on the full clutch and at that time, if we release the clutch half , press again and try again, it will be possible(i can hear a 'kadak' sound while i release the clutch this time). When i mention this to my mechanic, he will adjust the clutch and it will be OK for some thousand Km and it will be back then. I think this is because of the clutch wear and tear.

Yes definitely in your case its the clutch

Clutch has worn out , worn clutch makes the gear shifting hard
Where is your clutch end point . Is it on the very end or on the top ( full release)

if its at full release means your clutch is stuffed if its on the very bottom its near new

My car clutch releases near to the bottom. But it can be adjusted through the adjuster in the engine bay. right?( i think my mechanic adjusted it).How we can understand whether clutch worned out or not in 800?

Top Bottom